The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Michiel: I do believe this is the first time I've noticed a person in any photos from your wonderful series of small towns.

I noticed that too . :shocked: Nice .

B L

I think the guy in the photo illegaly trespassed Michiel's territory! But I think his entry completes the picture.

Michiel: I do believe this is the first time I've noticed a person in any photos from your wonderful series of small towns.

Tom

anyone

The first time I wanted to visit this place was back in 2017, but then more urgent / desirable / exotic places were coming up and I always thought 'for a weekend it's not worth the hazzle'. This weekend I finally did it and it was great to camp and hike.

No time for edits yet as I just returned, so this is OOC.

This time I first time wished for a more lightweight setup, since I lugged around my Hasselblad with 3 lenses and large format camera with 2 lenses, filters, light meter, etc. - summing up with water, rain gear, and food to 22kg which I carried 27km.

Rügen, Germany

CF007906.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, Superachromat 250, IQ1 60

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was in my office, it was close to sunset, and I hear a sudden thundershower. That means one thing - killer rainbow! If sunrises are the cat photos of landscape photography, then here we have a kitten playing with a baby:

Fuji GFX 100, Laowa 17mm f/4. Horribly over-processed. :angel:

Matt

Last edited:

dave.gt

I was in my office, it was close to sunset, and I hear a sudden thundershower. That means one thing - killer rainbow! If sunrises are the cat photos of landscape hotography, then here we have a kitten playing with a baby:

Fuji GFX 100, Laowa 17mm f/4. Horribly over-processed. :angel:

Matt
Great capture, Matt!:thumbs:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Interestingly, this is no less dramatic, but not as garish!

And with the 100-200 zoom...

Just boosted contrast a million percent. That "takes care" of the saturation.

Matt

BTW, I just read up on why the sky is darker between the two rainbows and lighter below the primary. It seems water drops suffer from chromatic aberration (the rainbow), spherical aberration (the dark bit), and lack of a good coating (internal reflections). Really, you'd think whoever was responsible could make a better lens! Luckily for us, they did not. :ROTFL:

Last edited:

dave.gt

Interestingly, this is no less dramatic, but not as garish!

And with the 100-200 zoom...

Just boosted contrast a million percent. That "takes care" of the saturation.

Matt

BTW, I just read up on why the sky is darker between the two rainbows and lighter below the primary. It seems water drops suffer from chromatic aberration (the rainbow), spherical aberration (the dark bit), and lack of a good coating (internal reflections). Really, you'd think whoever was responsible could make a better lens! Luckily for us, they did not. :ROTFL:
Ah, perfect imperfection.:)

Isn't it wonderful?:thumbup:

Matt, you just re-inspired me to embrace impermanence and imperfection once again. :grin:

Ed Hurst

Bit of fun here really.

This picture depicts Sydney's CBD seen from the hills around Frenchs Forest. The main image was taken with Pentax 645Z and 6x7 300mm f4 EDIF lens. But the moon is taken from a slightly earlier picture, shot at Turrimetta Beach using the 6x7 400mm f4 EDIF lens (that part of the file was scaled down in size to match the perspective of a 300mm shot). The scene was somewhat foggy, but the part of the foreground with the thick foggy band (and associated foreground buildings) was taken from a picture shot from Beacon Hill using the 6x7 400mm f4 EDIF lens. Oh, and the main scene was shot pre-dawn, but the Sydney Harbour Bridge isn't lit up at that time, so that part of the scene is from another image taken in the evening from the same location (and with the same 6x7 300mm f4 EDIF lens).

[/url]IMGP4304_Step13sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

dave.gt

Son, that is very nicely done! Not only is the image excellent in every way technically, but it strikes an emotional chord. It makes me want to hear the story behind the image.:thumbs:

PSon

Son, that is very nicely done! Not only is the image excellent in every way technically, but it strikes an emotional chord. It makes me want to hear the story behind the image.:thumbs:
Thank you Dave as always for your kind supports to everyone on the forums. You are unbreakable and a symbol of hope.

I found the 3 trees sticking together in the wilderness like the Trinity so I felt this is something I wanted to use as a background for the mystical BW photo. When I visualized the condition, I also felt the light projection was useable to complement the shadow despite being a mid day sun. The gray outfit being in the shade casted a dominant black to contrast the very bright mid day sun in the field and the trees rendered in shade of mid gray. The photo has the brightest white, mid gray and black to represents the BW spectrum of the Trinity. The picture represents a widow mourns for her lost and looking at the Trinity for deliverance. Since we lost another family member this past week, this trinity symbol serves as a dedication to our lost and instills our hope.

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Thank you Dave as always for your kind supports to everyone on the forums. You are unbreakable and a symbol of hope.

I found the 3 trees sticking together in the wilderness like the Trinity so I felt this is something I wanted to use as a background for the mystical BW photo. When I visualized the condition, I also felt the light projection was useable to complement the shadow despite being a mid day sun. The gray outfit being in the shade casted a dominant black to contrast the very bright mid day sun in the field and the trees rendered in shade of mid gray. The photo has the brightest white, mid gray and black to represents the BW spectrum of the Trinity. The picture represents a widow mourns for her lost and looking at the Trinity for deliverance. Since we lost another family member this past week, this trinity symbol serves as a dedication to our lost and instills our hope.

A lovely image, and superb to hear the backstory and vision behind it.

My deepest condolences as well for your loss.

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

I always wanted a less "fantasy" version of the image above, to go with my broader portfolio, so here it is. Not entirely real, of course; I have still added the moon and composited the lit version of the bridge. But more realistic perhaps. The scene itself really did look much like this, moon and bridge aside.

[/url]IMGP4304V2_Step15sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Or perhaps you prefer this rendering, emphasising the twilight look more strongly:
[/url]IMGP4304V3_Step17sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

I always wanted a less "fantasy" version of the image above, to go with my broader portfolio, so here it is. Not entirely real, of course; I have still added the moon and composited the lit version of the bridge. But more realistic perhaps. The scene itself really did look much like this, moon and bridge aside.
Ed, I do prefer this "less fantasy" version. It looks real, even with the composited moon. Very nicely done.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.