The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdeveau

Success! Clear skies this morning allowed a good view of Comet NEOWISE in the northeast sky just before sunrise. Phase One XF/ IQ4150, 120mm and 35mm lenses, 13 seconds at f/4.0, ISO 1600.
Great shots Craig! We had unusually clear skies last night/this morning and I tried to get out myself but didn't get past my neighborhood. Couldn't see anything thanks to the treeline or it being too late (about 5:45-6am). May try again tomorrow morning as the forecast looks similar.

vieri

Success! Clear skies this morning allowed a good view of Comet NEOWISE in the northeast sky just before sunrise. Phase One XF/ IQ4150, 120mm and 35mm lenses, 13 seconds at f/4.0, ISO 1600.
Great work, wonderful shots of the comet! :) Best regards,

Vieri

jng

Golden Gate Dawn

P07_11_2020_24267_C1-FrameShop_1.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | 40HR-W | f/11 | 6-stop ND | 2-stop GND | 60 sec | ISO 50

While others were chasing NEOWISE, I decided instead to sleep in and catch the sunrise overlooking one of my favorite locations. Wintertime in general gives more favorable conditions for photographing the Golden Gate and SF Bay (more dramatic skies, clearer atmosphere and occasional appearance of the iconic "low fog event" under the bridge), but after running into white-out conditions in my last two attempts I was happy just to have something to photograph. It was quite a treat to watch swirls of fog literally blow by me in real time. I was back at home before the rest of the family had woken up for the day...

John

nameBrandon

Golden Gate Dawn

View attachment 150426

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | 40HR-W | f/11 | 6-stop ND | 2-stop GND | 60 sec | ISO 50

While others were chasing NEOWISE, I decided instead to sleep in and catch the sunrise overlooking one of my favorite locations. Wintertime in general gives more favorable conditions for photographing the Golden Gate and SF Bay (more dramatic skies, clearer atmosphere and occasional appearance of the iconic "low fog event" under the bridge), but after running into white-out conditions in my last two attempts I was happy just to have something to photograph. It was quite a treat to watch swirls of fog literally blow by me in real time. I was back at home before the rest of the family had woken up for the day...

John
Fantastic!! Love the fog!

dave.gt

First appearance of my Biker Buddy since last Fall. He lives among the lush ferns now and he always makes me smile with his appearance in the early morning light. Memories of so many adventures on the road... we are both retired now.:cool:

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:

nameBrandon

It is so nice to see you posting Hasselblad images. I haven't posted many for a long time, so you have inspired me.:)

Thank you for sharing your work!:thumbup:
Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate that.

I do have to admit that I feel a bit sheepish at times sharing my rather banal, "daily life" images in the company of so much great technical architecture and landscape imagery here. I'm glad you're enjoying them!

dave.gt

Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate that.

I do have to admit that I feel a bit sheepish at times sharing my rather banal, "daily life" images in the company of so much great technical architecture and landscape imagery here. I'm glad you're enjoying them!
Life is not banal, nor are your images.:) We all live each moment differently and it is great to see others' views of the world around them especially in the midst of a pandemic.

We are normally in isolation and even more so now, so photo opportunities for me are quite restricted. Severely so the last six months, and this forum has helped immensely since I have only what we see at home to photograph. Seemingly thousands of times.:banghead:

But I enjoy and learn each day. Thank you for sharing in that!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.