The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Stocks

This is a time composite version of my photo of Comet NEOWISE from Sunday evening. The sky and comet are a single frame. There were also a lot of lightning bugs flying over the bean field so I also shot a number of frames to capture their lights. The final image is a combination of a half dozen lightning bug frames plus the comet, all without moving the camera.

Attachments

D&A

Comment #1.....Dave (GT) Wrote -----> "Beautiful work, Dave! And cycling to a remote spot!

I have mixed feelings these days so I don't really give a crap about holidays, politics, etc... or whatever else . Life is so screwed up lately everywhere you look. However, your commitment and follow-through with gorgeous images of an important event in normal times is amazing.

I am hopeful that we, as photographers can take your lead and make s difference in these times. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, story images with us!!!"<-----

Dave, for now, today's world is a very different place than it was 6 months ago, and many feel as you do. I believe though we should keep in mind that most generations regardless where one is from, has probably experienced some life altering event that transformed their daily life. I referring to catastrophes like wars, famine, genocide and also devastating natural occurring events like tsunami's, earthquakes, pandemics etc. somehow people find a way to survive and to work together for the common good of moving forward in order make a better life. Its not easy and along the way is filled with minefields and I don't have the answers but its much better to think positively and do the things you enjoy to the best of ones ability during times of hardships. I know, easier said than done. You kind words, for me is very meaningful, thank you.

Comment #2 *** CORRECTION***....Brandon, apparently you are correct. I've been informed by a forum member that in the image your referenced, these are the Blue Angels. I originally thought they might have been the Thunderbirds. Not shown were the nearby America flag draped parachutists barreling towards the ground. Thanks for your kind feedback, greatly appreciated.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Comment #1.....Dave (GT) Wrote -----> "Beautiful work, Dave! And cycling to a remote spot!

I have mixed feelings these days so I don't really give a crap about holidays, politics, etc... or whatever else . Life is so screwed up lately everywhere you look. However, your commitment and follow-through with gorgeous images of an important event in normal times is amazing.

I am hopeful that we, as photographers can take your lead and make s difference in these times. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, story images with us!!!"<-----

Dave, for now, today's world is a very different place than it was 6 months ago, and many feel as you do. I believe though we should keep in mind that most generations regardless where one is from, has probably experienced some life altering event that transformed their daily life. I referring to catastrophes like wars, famine, genocide and also devastating natural occurring events like tsunami's, earthquakes, pandemics etc. somehow people find a way to survive and to work together for the common good of moving forward in order make a better life. Its not easy and along the way is filled with minefields and I don't have the answers but its much better to think positively and do the things you enjoy to the best of ones ability during times of hardships. I know, easier said than done. You kind words, for me is very meaningful, thank you.

Comment #2....Brandon, I am furthest from being an aviation buff or expert but I believe those planes in the image where they appear inverted is not the Blue Angels. Possibly/maybe the Thunderbirds who also flew by with nearby America flag draped parachutists barreling towards the ground (not shown). Thanks for your kind feedback, greatly appreciated.

Dave (D&A)
Hey, Dave!

If we lived closer, I would hire you to guide me through some fireworks shoots!

That would be a hoot!:):):)

Be well!

Ed Hurst

I appreciate all the responses with regards to my posting a large number of images in a single post, taken on July 4th Independence Day 2020 (except for one additional image).

Background: Normally little has to be said of Independence Day celebrations, especially in our Nation's Capital except this year things were quite different due to the precautions of the ongoing Covid Virus pandemic. Although the number of Covid infections in this greater metropolitan region has somewhat leveled off and has been in a relative steady state for approx a month, we see that this can quickly change, especially when large gatherings take place. With this in mind, there appeared to be two competitive forces at work this day. Without getting into politics, on one hand, the display planned by the federal gov't for the general public included a sizeable military aerial show (which rarely if ever performed on July 4th) followed by a far larger and expanded fireworks show. On the other hand, the local D.C. gov't discouraged having these celebrations this year due to health concerns and knowing of the tremendous size gatherings in previous years numbering into the millions. Many in the general public were conflicted in not knowing what to expect or if they should go.

I decided to cycle approx. 25 miles to a somewhat remote location with a heavy fully loaded photo backpack/tripod, just to be safe. As it turns out (and it was too late once I found out in order to relocate)...most of the previous years very heavily populated areas (wall to wall people) were apparently sparsely attended or at most having a modicum number of individuals. As a consequence, photographic angles and opportunities were limited. Interestingly, those on varying sized boats on the Potomac River in front of the Nat'l monuments, was the most densely populated environs on the waterways for July 4th I've ever seen and appeared to be quite different with regards to social distancing.

I may be posting too many repetitive or mundane images (some without reference to geographic location), and for that my sincere appologies in advance. It's simply posted to provide a bit of flavor to the end of day aerial display and rising full moon just prior and during the fireworks display.

All images taken with the Pentax 645Z (except the 2nd posted image...the Washington Monument with Blue Angels fly-by, which was taken with the Nikon Df).

Dave (D&A)
Dave - LOVE this work. Amazing! Very jealous :)

D&A

Dave - LOVE this work. Amazing! Very jealous :)
Ed that is so very very kind of you to say and I'm especially appreciative and humbled that it's coming from you. Of course you have nothing to be jealous of as I and everyone here is in awe of the work you have graciously posted over the years and continue to do so. There is also a lot to learn from those imaginative captures. Thanks ever so much.

Dave (D&A)

anyone

Same place as last time, different light, and with a perfectly matching person.

Hamburg

CF008201_web.jpg

Cambo WDS, Distagon 40mm IF, IQ1 60

nameBrandon

We're having some rooms repainted. This is the door knobs and other items that were taken down as part of the preparation for painting.

Shashin

Neowise over Lake Erie, 1.5 hr after sunset. 645Z, 80-160mm, ISO 3200. 30s, too long for this focal length
Tom, this is beautiful. It is kind of quaint that pre-modern civilizations thought comets were harbingers of misfortune like plagues...

:toocool:

Last edited:

anyone

Craig, thank you so much. This technique is nice, I really wanted to try it out so I processed an old picture again.

Finland

CF004112 2_v3_experiment_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar 80, P20+

Status
Not open for further replies.