The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Two Bridges

P07_11_2020_24402_10-11_19_medianblend-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/11 | 18-image median blend

The view from the Marin Headlands on an early summer morning...

John

anyone

This is one of the five main churches of the city. They were until now the tallest buildings in the city area. Unfortunately, soon a highriser is going to be built. This is the 'Hauptkirche St. Michaelis', arguably the landmark of Hamburg.

Hamburg

CF008154_web.jpg

Hasselblad SWC/M, IQ1 60

PS: no, I don't work for the city marketing. Just stuck as everyone :)

drevil

Staff member
This is one of the five main churches of the city. They were until now the tallest buildings in the city area. Unfortunately, soon a highriser is going to be built. This is the 'Hauptkirche St. Michaelis', arguably the landmark of Hamburg.

Hamburg

View attachment 150573

Hasselblad SWC/M, IQ1 60

PS: no, I don't work for the city marketing. Just stuck as everyone :)
how high will that new building be?

drevil

Staff member

The great wall at Jinshanling, close to Beijing. Stitch from Fuji GFX100 with Canon TSE 50mm, you dont wanna know how large the original file is

Last edited:

mristuccia

Went through a long walk in Grunewald/Wannsee with my 503CW + CFV-50c handheld.
I think this was shot with the Distagon CF 60mm at 1/60s f3.5 ISO400.

Thanks for looking.

20200720_MARCO_RISTUCCIA_Around_02_framed.jpg

Ed Hurst

Two Bridges

View attachment 150572

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/11 | 18-image median blend

The view from the Marin Headlands on an early summer morning...

John
Splendid shot, John. Love the mood... Was the median blend to get rid of traffic on the bridges, or to minimise the effect of haze? Either way, love the result :)

jng

Splendid shot, John. Love the mood... Was the median blend to get rid of traffic on the bridges, or to minimise the effect of haze? Either way, love the result :)
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the kind words - that's quite a compliment coming from you (I mean this sincerely, not mockingly in any way!).

With regard to your question, I did the blend with sharpness in mind because of the haze and convection, and also to smooth out the water. I suppose I could have popped on an ND filter for the latter but this way I was taking care of both. The sun was already up so I didn't even notice the traffic on the bridge, which was quite light in any case owing to the early-ish weekend morning hour. I'll need to go back and check the individual frames to see whether sharpness was actually improved over the single frames.

John

Mexecutioner

About 6 years ago I planted about 20 different fruit trees at home and I am starting a series of images showing the different harvests. I am picking fruits that show imperfections and weird random spots as I think they are more interesting than the ones that are flawless. As more fruits are ready I will be adding more photos. My wife is a gardener and she grows a lot of our food so I will be adding vegetables and other stuff to the series as well as they come off the vines. I will be putting a book together for her with all of the images as the stuff coming out of her garden is beautiful.

This photo has nectarines and a pluot variety called "Dapple Dandy".

IQ4150 with 55mm BR, single shot, I was debating doing stacks for these, but I will focus more on documenting the crops than on technical excellence and keep it simple.

My Lovers Garden0401 MASTER copy.jpg

Last edited:

nameBrandon

About 6 years ago I planted about 20 different fruit trees at home and I am starting a series of images showing the different harvests. I am picking fruits that show imperfections and weird random spots as I think they are more interesting than the ones that are flawless. As more fruits are ready I will be adding more photos. My wife is a gardener and she grows a lot of our food so I will be adding vegetables and other stuff to the series as well as they come off the vines. I will be putting a book together for her with all of the images as the stuff coming out of her garden is beautiful.

This photo has nectarines and a pluot variety called "Dapple Dandy".

IQ4150 with 55mm BR, single shot, I was debating doing stacks for these, but I will focus more on documenting the crops than on technical excellence and keep it simple.

View attachment 150600
Looks great without the stacks! Probably saved you at least 20-30 minutes in post anyways with those 150 files... :p

Mexecutioner

Looks great without the stacks! Probably saved you at least 20-30 minutes in post anyways with those 150 files... :p
Thanks and yes, I think I'm going to pass on those stacks and keep it fun. Besides, I enjoy the OOF areas on the image as they give the elements a nice separation from the background even if it is just a couple inches behind the top of the fruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.