The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameBrandon

Really impressed with this CF 4/50 FLE lens. With CFV II 50c back, on the 500C/M. No extension, just MFD. Pardon the horrific posterization in the background from Zenfolio / resizing.

dave.gt

Dog days of summer are here. The heat and humidity makes Covid isolation much easier in the air conditioned comfort indoors, but it is a little boring.

At least the hummers are still here.:)

H5D-50c
80mm, 2.8:

nameBrandon

I found these Protea in the grocery store flower section. I had never seen them before. As I'm sure those of you who are much more knowledgable in the way of flowers will know, they originate in South Africa. Quite bulky flowers, equivalent in heft and thickness to a decent sized sunflower.

500C/M + CFV II 50c with CF 4/50 FLE. No tubes, just MFD. 5 image stack with Helicon.

Once again, pardon the terrible posterization.

B L

Where are the girls? How do you and Michiel manage to get all of these pristine, village street shots devoid of people?:confused:
I think the rule is like this. Anyone tresspasses will be shot with the camera-- mercilessly.

jng

California Gold

P07_19_2020_24520_C1_1_sq-FrameShop_1.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/11

I managed to get out and enjoy this vista of the Mt. Diablo foothills as it was bathed in the summer's late afternoon sun...

John

nameBrandon

Waiting for my lily from a few days ago to open up and get a bit more interesting for a closer macro shot. Figured I'd get some more practice with the tubes with a new (to me) lens. CFV ii + 500C/M + 55mm extension + 4/50 FLE

nameBrandon

Couldn't quite get the colors where I wanted on this.. seems washed out.. like a 1980's science textbook or something.

CFVII50c + 500C/M + 80 2.8 CF + 76mm extension. 5 image stack.

Craig Stocks

Two separate frames from last night's adventures chasing the comet. The lights around the grain silos were very bright and I needed to keep them from blowing out. I tried a grad ND upside down but that just created more flare and reflections. So I resorted to using my hand (which created some red smears) and then the plastic case from the ND filters to "dodge" the bottom of the frame moving it up and down during the exposure. The total exposure was 13 seconds but the bottom only received about 2 seconds.

Attachments

nameBrandon

Two separate frames from last night's adventures chasing the comet. The lights around the grain silos were very bright and I needed to keep them from blowing out. I tried a grad ND upside down but that just created more flare and reflections. So I resorted to using my hand (which created some red smears) and then the plastic case from the ND filters to "dodge" the bottom of the frame moving it up and down during the exposure. The total exposure was 13 seconds but the bottom only received about 2 seconds.
Nice one, very creative solutions!

Is this in the QC area?

Abstraction

Mamiya used to sell an adjustable lens shade that you could use pretty much with any lens. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread, especially if you're on a tripod and don't mind the bulk. I wonder if anyone still makes something like that. If not, the used Mamiya shades can be found on e-bay.

docholliday

Mamiya used to sell an adjustable lens shade that you could use pretty much with any lens. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread, especially if you're on a tripod and don't mind the bulk. I wonder if anyone still makes something like that. If not, the used Mamiya shades can be found on e-bay.
You're probably thinking of the old Mamiya G-3 shade for the RB/RZ. Pretty much everybody made one of those for their own lines. Hasselblad had the ProShade, Mamiya had the G-2/G-3, and there was the universal by LS Lindahl, the Bello-shade. The Lindahl was unique that it had a magnetic front that allowed for masks/vignetters to be applied. That came in handy when doing double exposure or other weird effects by allowing a mask to be cut and held on by refrigerator magnets. It also had a version that had slots for filters in "cartridges" for easier handling.

I haven't seen a new company make those in ages. Hell, people don't use hoods/shades as much as they think it's not necessary, but then wonder why their shot has haze or flare in it. It cracks me up every time I see some internet fauxtographer doing a video about their shooting technique with their hood in transport position or non-existent.

Anyways, there's plenty out of them out there on the used market, and for nickels compared to what those shades were new.

Status
Not open for further replies.