The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone

One of the first images taken with the Superachromat 350 + Apo-Teleconverter. Lovely combination, I'm happy with the quality. Lens support is a challenge, as expected.

Southern Germany

CF008309_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, Superachromat 350 + 1.4 Apo, IQ 1 60

Ed Hurst

That's an interesting shot, Ed. Have you tried it in B&W? It might work even better in monochrome.

Thanks - glad you like it!

I did play around with B&W when processing the file, but in the end, I felt it didn't do what I was aiming for. I totally see what you mean - the mysterious mood, the stark tones, the emphasis on form, etc. all seem to lend themselves to B&W. But, in the end, I feel that the colour is doing something interesting. It's giving the sky movement and emphasis that plays off against the main subject, while the hues on the buildings seem to lend a sinister mood to it that I like. I dunno - these things are always personal, and I totally understand where you're coming from. But, in the end, the colour was necessary for the way I wanted to shot to work :)

Completely appreciate the suggestion and feedback, though. Would love to give and receive more of that.

Warmest,
Ed

Ed Hurst

Sydney blues

[/url]IMGP3878Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP5560(v2)And62Step7FlatsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IMG6381Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IGP0343Step12sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IGP6538Step6V2sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IGP0176Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]PanoFromFiles_IGP7436And37Step6CBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMGP3875Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

vieri

Re: Sydney blues

[/url]IMGP3878Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP5560(v2)And62Step7FlatsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IMG6381Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IGP0343Step12sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IGP6538Step6V2sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]_IGP0176Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]PanoFromFiles_IGP7436And37Step6CBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMGP3875Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
You seem to have gotten the blues there, Ed! :) Great work, thank you for sharing! Best regards,

Vieri

Michiel Schierbeek

Wat een troosteloze treurnis, Michiel.
Translation: What a desolate gloominess

Actually i could live in one of those houses. In deed in looks like the end of the world. These are the last houses on the north side of Dunkerque. You are right on the beach and looking at the sea. The sea which never bores. A bit farder there are bunkers scattered all over the beach and in the dunes. It is quiet a location. Great filmset as well.

vieri

Kirkjufjara, Iceland, in the mist

Inspired by Ed's "Blues" series, today I decided to share one more image of Arnardrangur (not Kirkjufjara, sorry about the mistitle), Iceland, this time on a misty day. Taken the year after the last one I posted, this is a 362 seconds exposure shot with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.