The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Thanks to Craig Stocks for his technique to transform star trails to points. I tried it on one of the images of Neowise I've collected. I did have some trouble with banding from the maximum filter in bright areas, but solved with a mask. Over Lake Erie, 645Z, 80-160mm, 30s ISO 3200.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Re: Kirkjufjara, Iceland, in the mist

Inspired by Ed's "Blues" series, today I decided to share one more image of Arnardrangur (not Kirkjufjara, sorry about the mistitle), Iceland, this time on a misty day. Taken the year after the last one I posted, this is a 362 seconds exposure shot with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri
Lovely shot, Vieri - quite different, in so many ways, from Sydney - yet with aesthetics I recognise :salute:

vieri

Re: Kirkjufjara, Iceland, in the mist

Lovely shot, Vieri - quite different, in so many ways, from Sydney - yet with aesthetics I recognise :salute:
Thank you very much Ed, glad you enjoyed it :) Yes, the landscape is truly different from Sidney - seeing your series, together with the 34 C temperatures we are having here in the center of Italy at the moment, inspired me to share a cool, icy, blue image of my own... didn't help much with the heat, though! :ROTFL:

Best regards,

Vieri

nathantw

Hasselblad 553ELX, 120mm f/4 CF, Phase One P25, 1:1 magnification

I apologize for continually subjecting you to these flowers, but I don't get out much lately. ;-)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
For unknown reasons, I've left the 250/4 with 1.4x on the GFX 100. The results are ...

Dragonflies, slightly misfocused, doing something even weirder than it looks. My local naturalist tells me that that is the male in front. His explanation makes sense. Sort of. Not really.

And a still life. Two images blended. One focused on handle, one focused on front edge of top.

And, oh what the hell, a bokeh experiment that makes a decent abstract. Those large front elements!

Matt

B L

For unknown reasons, I've left the 250/4 with 1.4x on the GFX 100. The results are ...

Dragonflies, slightly misfocused, doing something even weirder than it looks. My local naturalist tells me that that is the male in front. His explanation makes sense. Sort of. Not really.

And a still life. Two images blended. One focused on handle, one focused on front edge of top.

And, oh what the hell, a bokeh experiment that makes a decent abstract. Those large front elements!

Matt
Nice one Matt. I was looking for you in reflection!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Nice one Matt. I was looking for you in reflection!
I think I found me (two reflections from the front and back of the pitcher).

This is 0.5% of the original image. It's a 350mm lens on a convex surface!

:cool:

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.