The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

My wife Sharon and I went out for Happy Hour last night. Of course we had to wear masks. The first picture shows my mask at the beginning of the night. After drinking wine all evening, the second photo shows my poor mask at evening's end! GFX 50R 32-64mm lens at 64mm f8.
Dave in NJ
mask before small jpg.jpg

mask-after small jpg.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Matt, you have clearly shown you've moved past cat pics. Congratulations! :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)
EDIT: I'm not upset or fishing for compliments. It really is spending time with a 91 year old with an ego the size of you-know-who's. I apologize for the tone, and actually had fun finding examples of each genre (I left out nature... another time!)

I'm not sure whether or not I'm supposed to be offended.:confused: So hard to tell on the internet. I've spent the week with my Father-in-Law, so I'm more than a bit defensive! :banghead:

Granted, I haven't been very active lately, but I'm not all cats...

I've done action shots...

Landscapes

Infrastructure

Abstract

Architecture

Street

And even portraits (ok, not very good portraits).

I'm not great. I'm not terrible. I do what I can.

Matt

PS. See edit above. Apologies for the huffiness.

Last edited:

BANKER1

Matt,

Whatever image makes you happy is what is important. I choose to take every response as positive (whether they are or not) and try not to infer anything into them.

Greg

B L

.......... I do what I can.

Matt
Matt, Ever since joining GetDpi family, I have viewed almost all regular contributers (mainly MF forum) and added my appriciation on quite a numbers of pictures and you are one of those contruibuters so please carry on what doing what you can.:clap:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I now realize that it looks like I'm fishing for compliments. Well, compliments are always welcome, but it wasn't my intention.

Dave, Your post was light-hearted and in good fun (I'm pretty sure...:grin:). Apologies for making a big deal out of it.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

tsjanik

I now realize that it looks like I'm fishing for compliments. Well, compliments are always welcome, but it wasn't my intention.

Dave, Your post was light-hearted and in good fun (I'm pretty sure...:grin:). Apologies for making a big deal out of it.

Best,

Matt
Matt, I have read Dave's posts for years and exchanged a number of PMs; there is and was no question in my mind that his reply was a light-hearted, teasing comment. Oh, and the guy trying to catch the football really missed.

Tom

D&A

Matt, I sincerely hope you realize that my comments about moving beyond cat pics was said tongue- in -cheek and in the most lighthearted manner. I've always enjoyed the diversity of your lovely images, the willingness to experiment and take chances regarding subjects you photograph (both of which I lost my nerve to do a long time ago) and most of all your pics of "The City" , my home where I grew up and very much attached to (except that darn cross town bus that I always just missed).

We all need a little levity during these times and I and I'm sure others know and can identify the occasional trying times spending time with others as you described. The camera often can be a best friend on such occasions (favorite beverage excluded). Keep up what you're doing and don't change a thing as we love it just the way you are, here on Getup. Everyone's diversity here along with our common interests and camaraderie is what it's all about, in my humble opinion.

Dave (D&A)

dj may

Last night in my neighborhood. It was Swiss National Day. Fireworks all around the Lake of Zurich.

Leica S, Summarit-S 70

nameBrandon

I'm a big fan of Stephen Shore. He often played with symmetry (or lack thereof) and linear relationships in his images. I liked this angle and framing because of the constant "almost" symmetry.. From the off center lower-level entrance to the one security light burnt out, and the cut-off parking block, even the building number being "49".

Laundry. Wolf Rd, Wheeling, IL.
WRS-1600 / CFVii50c / SK 35XL

Ed Hurst

A surfing star

Surfing, of course, is now very much associated with the Australian life style. But it wasn't always so... It is generally believed that surfing was brought to Australia in 1915 by Hawaiian Duke Kahanamoku (though indigenous Australian people would very likely have enjoyed the water in similar ways for centuries). He famously demonstrated the technique at Harbord in Sydney. To commemorate this significant occasion, there is a statue to Kahanamoku outside the Harbord Diggers RSL Club, which is where this picture was taken.

Stars doing a passable impression of surf in the background!

Pentax 645Z with 55mm DFA lens
[/url]StarTrailsFromFiles_IMG8094-9503(PlusDarkFrame9519)Step3sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

tsjanik

Some driftwood on a Lake Erie shore. Ancient hieroglyphics from a lost North American civilization, alien communication frequencies (note the sine wave resemblance), insect tracks? I think I'll go with the first choice. 645Z, 28-45mm.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.