The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameBrandon

Some driftwood on a Lake Erie shore. Ancient hieroglyphics from a lost North American civilization, alien communication frequencies (note the sine wave resemblance), insect tracks? I think I'll go with the first choice. 645Z, 28-45mm.
GMTA! Mine was from a dead ash tree in our backyard. The tracks were from an Emerald Ash Borer, which are pretty prevalent here in the Midwest.

jng

Dahlia

2020-08-02 12-10-45 (C,Smoothing2)_sq-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 22-image focus stack

A good friend has a magnificent garden. I've been meaning to study his dahlias since starting this little floral portrait project last Spring. I find the beauty of these flowers to be breathtaking...

John

anyone

Dahlia

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 22-image focus stack

A good friend has a magnificent garden. I've been meaning to study his dahlias since starting this little floral portrait project last Spring. I find the beauty of these flowers to be breathtaking...

John
Beautiful work, thank you for sharing this image. :thumbup:

vieri

Stair Hole Sunrise, in Dorset

Climbing up to the top of Stair Hole before sunrise, in the crisp air of the morning, is electrifying. Nature offering you a show like this makes the short but steep climb definitely worthwhile. 1.6 seconds with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.⁠

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

alajuela

Hi

Xf, iq4150, iso – 100, 1/40s, f8 Focal Length 65mm

Shot on Tripod

It's about reflections, That's the Atlantic Ocean in the background, after the storm passed us in Miami.

Thanks for looking

Phil

nameBrandon

Told you I got more flowers.. You guys are going to want to buy some virtual weed killer by the time I'm done with all of these.. :cool:

This is a pincushion protea. Proteas Leucospermum.

Latin makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about. In reality, I do not.

CFVii50c / 500C/M / 50mm CF FLE. 6 image stack.

P. Chong

Hawkers in their stall. This was taken at one of the best chicken cutlet curry noodles shop in town. The husband and wife team is seen through the grille as I queued for food. Yes, good stalls do sport rather long queues in Singapore, especially during peak meal times. This one is called "Cantonese Delights", and is in Hong Lim Food Centre, and was awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand.

GFX100 + GF23. Image is cropped to create the claustophobic, "jailed" look. Social commentary on the life of hawkers? Perhaps

hawkers.jpg

Greg Haag

My first outing with my camera since March, I am hoping for a more interesting sky over the next few days.

Cambo WRS-1600 Rodenstock 90mm HR IQ4 150 1 minute frame average

watercolor sunset2.jpg

Grayhand

Another sunset

GFX50(r), 45-100

The 45-100 has really surpassed all my expectations for this lens!
I bought it as a lens that should be possible to also use as handheld and not only live its life on a tripod.
This one was at 1/40 S handheld.
But, I have one of the same view taken later, at 1/8 S, handheld, as sharp as this one!

And the same with the 100-200 + 1.4 converter.
On a tripod in heavy winds, the tripod is vibrating!
But sharp photos with the OIS on.

Technology gets better and better!

Ray

gurtch

Matt, I have read Dave's posts for years and exchanged a number of PMs; there is and was no question in my mind that his reply was a light-hearted, teasing comment. Oh, and the guy trying to catch the football really missed.

Tom
By all means the COVID mask post was meant to be a light hearted joke, not that the pandemic is a joke by any means. My remark that "we older folks" needed a respite did not intend to imply any of my friends here were "older". I was referring to my wife of 61 years and myself. She is 80, and I am 83. This is a great place for me to visit, I would never in a million years put anyone down.
Stay safe
Dave in NJ

gurtch

Another sunset

GFX50(r), 45-100

The 45-100 has really surpassed all my expectations for this lens!
I bought it as a lens that should be possible to also use as handheld and not only live its life on a tripod.
This one was at 1/40 S handheld.
But, I have one of the same view taken later, at 1/8 S, handheld, as sharp as this one!

And the same with the 100-200 + 1.4 converter.
On a tripod in heavy winds, the tripod is vibrating!
But sharp photos with the OIS on.

Technology gets better and better!

Ray
I can vouch for the 50R and 100-200mm lens. It is unbelievably sharp. And I agree hand held with the OIS is fantastic. I used it last night hand held at sunset at 200mm. Apparently the OIS even works while holding the camera, as it does not seem to "bounce around" while viewing. I wish my 32-64 was also OIS! Also, I love the 3D look to your image presentation. I have been adding an imaginary mat and frame, but your presentation is great.
Dave in NJ

Ed Hurst

By all means the COVID mask post was meant to be a light hearted joke, not that the pandemic is a joke by any means. My remark that "we older folks" needed a respite did not intend to imply any of my friends here were "older". I was referring to my wife of 61 years and myself. She is 80, and I am 83. This is a great place for me to visit, I would never in a million years put anyone down.
Stay safe
Dave in NJ

I think it's clear that everything said in all recent posts has been positively intended, even when some of it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Maybe we're all understandably a little over-wrought by global events just now, which does make us all a little sensitive sometimes. But we all still love each other :eek:

nameBrandon

The larger flower arrangement some of these individuals have come from.

XCD 90 @f/11. 37 image stack. Much easier do to with native XCD lenses and focus bracketing in the camera..

D&A

Brandon, I love the framing of your flower arrangement shot. I always have difficulty with photographing a flower arrangement, always settling on centering it. Nicely done!

Tom, the Pentax SMCT 50mm f1.4may be the lens I've made more photographic images with in my lifetime, than any other. for the longest time it had a great balance of image qualities.

Dave (D&A)

nameBrandon

For something completely different: Grass, GFX, 60s era 50mm Super Multi-Coated Takumar @ f/1.4
M-42 version? I believe I have the same lens.. :) Mine is the one with thorium(?) in it, I will leave it outside for a day or two in the summer every year to help remove the yellow cast.

Great shot, by the way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.