The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

For something completely different: Grass, GFX, 60s era 50mm Super Takumar @ f/1.4
Neat looking affect wide open. What camera and adapter did you use? I just looked on my shelf of old stuff in my collection, and I have a 50mm f1.4 Super-Takumar in pristine condition. M42 screw thread. I would like to try similar wide open images, but do not know what would be the simpler conversion: my Fuji GFX 50R, or my Sony A7RIV. Probably the Sony, as it will cover the entire frame.
Thanks
Dave in NJ

pegelli

For using M42 lenses on a Sony I now have this adapter

Contrary to what is says in the description I haven't seen any vignetting when using it on my A7Rii and it allows infinity focus with all the M42 lenses I have.
Using something like this makes every M42 lens a macro (or semi macro) since it can add 32 mm of extension in addition to what the lens can do by itself.

I don't know if something similar exists for the GFX 50R, but any M42 adapter for that mount will probably be OK.

tsjanik

Neat looking affect wide open. What camera and adapter did you use? I just looked on my shelf of old stuff in my collection, and I have a 50mm f1.4 Super-Takumar in pristine condition. M42 screw thread. I would like to try similar wide open images, but do not know what would be the simpler conversion: my Fuji GFX 50R, or my Sony A7RIV. Probably the Sony, as it will cover the entire frame.
Thanks
Dave in NJ
Dave:
I used a Pentax M42 to PK adapter and a K&F PK to GFX. The lens covers a GFX sensor with some vignetting at wide apertures. Wonderful lens that can give a very dreamy, ethereal image wide open, try it.
Tom

M-42 version? I believe I have the same lens.. :) Mine is the one with thorium(?) in it, I will leave it outside for a day or two in the summer every year to help remove the yellow cast.

Great shot, by the way! :)
Yep, although I misidentified originally ( I have about 5 old Pentax 50mm's). Mine yellows too, but AWB does a great job, must think it's tungsten light.

anyone

I stepped away from the Takumar 50 and in fact of all radioactive lenses I owned. Although it might be a bit overreacting, but I thought there is enough other old glass around. Ultron 50, for example.

PSon

Using natural light rendering bokeh for self portrait and an attempt to create the Leica M looks in medium format during a hike.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Some time ago (early June), I posted this

We had a storm the other day, and this is now the same (as close as I can get) picture.

Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May!

Matt

nameBrandon

Went to a local (well, hour away) farm that had corn and a sunflower maze. A lot of good photos of my daughter (more to come), but for now I liked this one of the corn field.

jng

2020-08-02 09-51-19 (C,Smoothing2)_sq-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 19-image focus stack

Another dahlia from a friend's garden...

John

anyone

Austria

CF008632_34_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, Distagon 60, IQ1 60, Stitch of two images

(Did I ever mention that I really would love again a square back? It was so much fun to photograph with the P20+! And full frame of course.)

Last edited:

vieri

Two iconic Icelandic cityscapes +1

While I mostly photograph natural landscapes, I also enjoy a lot working on cityscapes. In this post, I'll share with you three images of iconic man-made buildings, shot in Iceland during two different trips there. All images have been shot with Hasselblad​ X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm with Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters on the first two of them. First, the Gotham-city like Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure was 203 seconds:

Then, the iconic Sun Voyager in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure here was "just" 91 seconds:⁠

And finally, a repost of Northern Lights over the Black Church at Budir, which I revisited, cropping the image a bit on the right side to de-center the church a bit more (a change inspired by a forum comment, actually). Exposure for this one was a meagre 23 seconds, camera was the original X1D and of course no filters for this one:

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

gurtch

Re: Two iconic Icelandic cityscapes +1

While I mostly photograph natural landscapes, I also enjoy a lot working on cityscapes. In this post, I'll share with you three images of iconic man-made buildings, shot in Iceland during two different trips there. All images have been shot with Hasselblad​ X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm with Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters on the first two of them. First, the Gotham-city like Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure was 203 seconds:

Then, the iconic Sun Voyager in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure here was "just" 91 seconds:⁠

And finally, a repost of Northern Lights over the Black Church at Budir, which I revisited, cropping the image a bit on the right side to de-center the church a bit more (a change inspired by a forum comment, actually). Exposure for this one was a meagre 23 seconds, camera was the original X1D and of course no filters for this one:

Vieri
You work is fabulous...you are an inspiration to me.
Dave in NJ

gurtch

Several of our Condo Owners rent their units out in summer. It is so nice (and encouraging) to see families trying to enjoy their vacation during this damn pandemic. Here is a family crabbing at the end of our pier. GFX 50R.
Dave in NJ

\D843 framed.jpg

nameBrandon

Re: Two iconic Icelandic cityscapes +1

Vieri
You tempt me into booking your 2021 Iceland tour.. :) If this virus winds down over the next 4-5 months and you have open spots I may join you.

Out of curiosity, did you ever get any good shots of the church at Hofskirkja? I would love to see your take on that. I tried a few times to get a good angle and never found one I was happy with.

docholliday

Went to a local (well, hour away) farm that had corn and a sunflower maze. A lot of good photos of my daughter (more to come), but for now I liked this one of the corn field.

Aaaah! ...no! ....corn! :D I look out my windows and that's what I see, 360° surround pano...

docholliday

This is for Matt Grayson! I love his cat photos.:thumbup:

Since I don't have a cat, I get to enjoy others' cat photos online. As luck would have it, there is a new book out by the cat photographer who ruled the cat photo world since 1942:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/09/style/cat-photographer-cnnphotos/index.html

Yes, I know, this may start a flood of cat photos. Hey, why not?:ROTFL:
...you mean like this? My cat loves to interrupt my set when I'm setting up for a product shoot, usually right after lighting tests and tabletop cleaning...

Test-068.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.