The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was curious what the Contax 1.4x Mutar would do with the 120/4 1:1 macro on the Leica S(007). As long as you focus to under 2 feet, the teleconverter doesn't hit the rear element (manual focus, thankfully). Unfortunately, I couldn't get this combination to stop down at all, and f/5.6 is not ideal for more than 1:1.

However! The 26mm extension tube allows the macro to completely clear the 1.4x. Larger magnification ... but still no aperture control.

How about the 26mm tube and the macro with no 1.4x? Still greater than 1:1... Here's Washington's nose from a Quarter at f/16 (very tight crop) :

:toocool:

Matt

(The Fringer adapter for the GFX arrives Monday. Who knows what THAT will do? :LOL::LOL:)

nameBrandon

Now we know the SK 35XL listed for sale is good. ;)
Haha! It's definitely good, I'm not minding at all that it will probably take a few months to sell it!

I picked up the 40HR T/S, so my initial thought is that the focal lengths are too close.. but knowing how flare-y the 40HR can be, I may just hang on to the 35XL. I feel like it has a nice analog rendering to it as well.

jng

Rising Sturgeon Moon over San Francisco

H08_02_2020_0063-5-15-10-denoise_16x9_Orton-FrameShop.jpg

X1D | Zeiss 250 Superachromat

I got out to see August's full moon (aka the Sturgeon Moon) rising over the City by the Bay - it was quite a sight to behold...

John

Mexecutioner

Haha! It's definitely good, I'm not minding at all that it will probably take a few months to sell it!

I picked up the 40HR T/S, so my initial thought is that the focal lengths are too close.. but knowing how flare-y the 40HR can be, I may just hang on to the 35XL. I feel like it has a nice analog rendering to it as well.
Image is very nice, I like the mood of it. The dark, late or early time of day, like your cornfield picture is something I enjoy. I know what you mean about the focal length being too close. I bought the 40-80 BR and let go of my 35 BR and I may end up buying it again, and not because I really need it. It’s a curse...

vieri

Re: Two iconic Icelandic cityscapes +1

You work is fabulous...you are an inspiration to me.
Dave in NJ
Hello Dave,

thank you very much indeed, that is very kind of you to say - I am humbled and honoured. Glad you are enjoying my work :)

You tempt me into booking your 2021 Iceland tour.. :) If this virus winds down over the next 4-5 months and you have open spots I may join you.

Out of curiosity, did you ever get any good shots of the church at Hofskirkja? I would love to see your take on that. I tried a few times to get a good angle and never found one I was happy with.
Hello Brandon,

thank you for your comment and for your interest in working together in Iceland, it would be great to have you onboard with us - let's hope that the virus will indeed wind down and that we'll all be able to travel again more freely by then (and not just for the WS of course!) :)

About Hofskirkja, while beautiful and unique, I always considered it more of a "travel photography" shot than a true "landscape photography" shot (if these definitions make any sense, and hope you'll understand what I mean), so for some reasons when I am in the area I never give it "first dibs" on the best light of the day, so to speak, and I always end up preferring to go to a different spot (be it Skaftafell, Jokulsarlon, Lomagnapur, etc). As a result, while I have worked on a couple of compositions there that I am happy with, as you I haven't got yet an image that I consider Portfolio-worthy. Perhaps we can finally find the perfect combination of composition, weather & light conditions together :)

Best regards,

Vieri

fjablo

Two images from today's very early walk (started at 6am to avoid the heat & people).

Both shot with the H3Dii-39 and HC80. The wide shot is a 3 image pano, made with a flimsy inadequate ballhead that can only be rotated if unlocked completely... :facesmack: :D

Greetings from Munich :)

St.-Jakobs-Platz by Felix, auf Flickr

Viktualienmarkt by Felix, auf Flickr

D&A

Tom, Brandon, I think we're all on a roll and mesmerized and drawn to the fields . Recently I too took pics of nearby cornfields...but alas with a Leica rangefinder, so I'll have to post them in the appropriate forum. Beats photographing prepackaged ears of corn in the supermarket, as lighting is terrible there. :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

dave.gt

Tom, Brandon, I think we're all on a roll and mesmerized and drawn to the fields . Recently I too took pics of nearby cornfields...but alas with a Leica rangefinder, so I'll have to post them in the appropriate forum. Beats photographing prepackaged ears of corn in the supermarket, as lighting is terrible there. :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)
Fields may be overrated... where are the cats???:ROTFL:

All I have is a dog on occasions:

Btw, this was the first image made with the H5D-50c in 2017.

Mexecutioner

We went to Alaska for a couple of weeks to take some time off and we asked some of our friends to come over and help themselves to some produce so it wouldn't go to waste, therefore I had to wait for more. We finally had some more stuff come out of the garden and I made a couple images of today's crop.

My Lovers Garden0418 MASTER copy.jpg

My Lovers Garden0443 MASTER copy.jpg

Last edited:

dj may

Two images from today's very early walk (started at 6am to avoid the heat & people).

Both shot with the H3Dii-39 and HC80. The wide shot is a 3 image pano, made with a flimsy inadequate ballhead that can only be rotated if unlocked completely... :facesmack: :D

Greetings from Munich :)

St.-Jakobs-Platz by Felix, auf Flickr

Viktualienmarkt by Felix, auf Flickr
Nice images. I lived in Bogenhausen, near the English Garden, for three years. I regularly walked through the English Garden to downtown, and bought cheese, mustard, vegetables, etc. at the Viktualienmarkt. Do you know the mustard shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.