The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

More to share from Monument Valley, all shot this afternoon and with the Cambo RS, P45+. You need to be creative when the sky sucks!

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Clear blue skies... Promising and positive, yet at the same time so frustrating to photographers...

Don Libby

Woody - The wind was blowing close to if not over 60 when we got there. We're still finding sand in places it shouldn't be in...

We had to leave Thursday morning however we did wake to clouds and color.

I'll be joining Ken Doo early next month to shoot Canyon de Chelly.
Ken says he's going to teach me the fine art of "hit and run" landscape photography. (Don't know if I want him driving:bugeyes:)

Don

J

jmvdigital

Here are two shots of a six-shot series I'm working on. I don't do much commercial photography, but I think these came out damn fine. Each one fits a 6'x12' tradeshow booth panel, so they'll be big. I'm also the designer, hence the copy on it.

Each one is a 3-5 shot "pano" stitch using my RRS head and 150mm-D on the P30+. Since the panels are much more vertical than the native image size, I wanted to use a multi-shot approach to increase resolution. I wasn't sure how the pano would work out that close, but it's working great. I took a few extra shots of each scene for focus coverage and highlight taming. I'll post the other 4 panels next week.

jlm

Workshop Member

from my turf, rollei 6008. 110/2. a new tug in for repairs. later i can shoot the props

J

jmvdigital

Here's the rest, from the above post. Nothing earth shattering, but fun to shoot.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Sorry Ed, not copying: this is one I take and re-take with every camera I own since it's very near where I live... this version on P45/Cambo WDS/Schneider 35mm XL @ ISO 50, F16, 1 second, Pod.

Sooooo similar to yours!

Best

T
View attachment 13800

woodyspedden

My right thumb joint is finally almost normal after months of rehab following surgery. So last night I was practicing shooting with the H3DII-39 handheld. My grandsons were getting bathed which seemed like a good opportunity since they never stay still and would represent a rather difficult subject. The light in the bathroom was low so I supplemented with the tiny built in flash of the Hassy.

I never expected any to be keepers but this one, converted to black and white in Silver Efex caught my eye. I like it but that is my personal bias. I would welcome your comments and it is O.K. to be very critical. That is the only way I can learn.

Thanks

Woody

T

tetsrfun

At least the wind was not blowing 60 mph like it often does!

Woody
I was there last week and the wind was blowing quite hard....I stayed in the new Hotel and the balcony was well protected the wind and dust.

Steve

J

jmvdigital

Glad you're getting better Woody. Glad you didn't sell your H3D?

woodyspedden

Glad you're getting better Woody. Glad you didn't sell your H3D?
Thanks Justin

Yes I am very glad I didn't sell the H3DII. It is a wonderful tool. I just bought a 300mm for it which I know will get pretty good use for my landscape work.

Woody

robmac

Nice shots John. Shows off the 200 APO nicely. Pups are getting big. Cruise went well?

John Black

Hi Rob - There's a proverbial pile of images to go through from Mexico - a mix from the ZD and M8. I've been procrastinating and have been just dabbling here and there. And yes, dogs went from puppies to dogs in what seemed like minutes.

The 200mm APO doesn't get much press-time here. It's really an amazing lens on a large sensor (negative). I wasn't so crazy about it on the 1Ds3, but with a larger negative (48x36 sensor) the feel is much different. I've been happy with the 150mm F3.5 AF, but prefer to use the 200mm APO because of its "look".

JimCollum

playing around in the woods with the aptus 75s and mamiya 80mm 1.9.. wide open

this lens sure grows on you.
(before someone replies that the color's all wrong... it's intended to be this way.. i just live on the opposite end of the saturation slider from most people .. :)

100% crop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.