The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlm

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

for the second attempt, i exported a dng file from Phocus, then used camera raw to process (I couldn't get C1 to see the dng file, but this was after a couple of glasses of Fiddlehead Pinot). without using the first image as a reference, it came damn close, surprising me. tried to bring down the highlights they read about 248 or so, but not much detail there

J

jmvdigital

This image is a good case for a split exposure adjustment and export, and recombine with layer masks in photoshop. I do it all the time to recover hot spots.

On a more compositional side, the image doesn't do much for me. There's no interest or dynamic balance, just a hot propeller dead in the middle. It's definitely not a bad image, just not terribly memorable either. Hope C&C is welcome, if not, disregard the above. :)

evgeny

Contax 645 with a 140mm lens.
I was too lazy to replace the portrait lens with a 120 macro for this shoot. :D

J

jmvdigital

Shot these a few months back at the Loveland Feed and Grain building in Loveland, CO. Can you tell I'm experimenting with color? C&C welcome on all my stuff as well.

David K

Workshop Member

Great shots on this page guys, and Kurt, I love the B&W treatment. Nice perspective and DOF on that shot. Here's a test shot I took for a local watch dealer who's looking for better images than he can get in house. Hope this one lands me a paying gig :) FWIW, this shot was pretty easy but some of this stuff is NOT so easy to light. Still wondering how you capture a black carbon fiber face on an all black watch. I do know that the hands should be set to 10:10 (and they were). By the time I got around to this one I forgot to reset the hands.

Don Libby

Sandy and I went in search of wildflowers this morning however we figure we're either too late of too early. Did come away with something.

Took several saguaro images today this is just the first to be worked up. Yeah you guessed it, Cambo RS1000, P45+, 72mm lens and dark red filter. Not sure but I think I remember this being f/11 at 6.0 seconds.

Enjoy!

Don

J

jmvdigital

Don, nice image!

Bob, I'd like to see those in black and white. The color is so drab already, a BW might bring back some punch.

Graham, no fair pitting a curve like that against a green house and a dead cactus. Haha.

Don Libby

Here's another one from this morning. Three images layered for focusing.

Cambo RS1000, P45+,35mm lens, opened first in C14.8 then CS4

Graham - If I had shapes to photograph like that ... oh well I am a landscape photographer. Dale is correct, you win this page!:salute:

Don

J

jmvdigital

Excerpt explanation from my blog (didn't feel like retyping)....

I hung back while everyone was taking turns shooting with the strobes and the wireless trigger on their cameras. Once some of the people started to clear out for the day, I busted out my giant tripod and Phase One medium format system, and started shooting using the modeling lights. Brent was cooking away with the strobes, directing Courtney and the lighting. I was… mooching, if you will. Hitting some different perspectives, off to the side, on the floor, etc. The modeling lights weren’t terribly bright, so I was only shooting at about 1/45s @ f/1.9 @ 1600 ISO. The depth-of-field on a f/1.9 lens on medium format is ridiculously thin, so manual focusing proved to be a little difficult in the dim light; especially when I had my tripod spread eagle, 2″ off the floor.

In any case, I am totally stoked with a few of the keepers I got, especially considering the constraints. Courtney threw me a couple of well-timed glances that worked out good. I had a few more excellent shots, except some had her moving in the frame (1/20 - 1/45s is not enough to freeze motion) or I deep-sixed the focus. I didn’t spend too much time processing these, so the skin tones aren’t consistent, etc.

Shot with P30+, Phamiya, 150mm D, 45mm, and 80mm f/1.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.