The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

carstenw

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Nice series, Justin.

In that last shot, there is some posterization or something on her legs. Is that in the raw as well?

Graham Mitchell

You allready know who is the poor person how needs to pose if I get a new lens...
this is with the Rollei 50mm AFD (image is cropped however) and I think I really like this lens. I cant judge sharpness yet but its nice to have f2.8 and I find the image rendering and bokeh very smooth. I also like the FOV of 50mm.
Tom
Is this shot wide open? Bokeh does seem nice and smooth. Would love to see more samples, especially wide open shots, and some crops showing the sharpness of in-focus areas at f2.8. Could be worth a dedicated thread :)

Paratom

Is this shot wide open? Bokeh does seem nice and smooth. Would love to see more samples, especially wide open shots, and some crops showing the sharpness of in-focus areas at f2.8. Could be worth a dedicated thread :)
This was at f3.5 - I will try to post some more samples soon.

jerome

Hello everybody !

Here 2 shots mixed to get the maximum depth of field.

H3DII 31, ISO 200, f11 natural light (the sun lol) and shot with a monopod

Work well for me, I hope it's fine !

Jerome

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

It's very rare for Lake Huron to be this calm, but this morning it was like the proverbial millpond!
AFD III 75-150 D at 150 mm f5.6 P45+

Bill

Last edited:

Don Libby

Hello everybody !

Here 2 shots mixed to get the maximum depth of field.

H3DII 31, ISO 200, f11 natural light (the sun lol) and shot with a monopod

Work well for me, I hope it's fine !

Jerome
Very Nice Jerome!

Don

jerome

Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments

In fact I just used two shots, with a monopod. It means that the death of fiefd helped me to have mixable shot. Then I just used photoshop, two layers and eraser. As the second shot was not completely aligned, I used "manual transformation" to align them.

I was very simple and quick. If I had used a tripod, I wouldn't have to realign, two layers would have been very easy.

Here is a 100 % view, you can see it has been done quickly because some of the yellow parts are blurred, other not, but it very hard to understand what's is going on if you don't know I mixed two shots

tashley

Subscriber Member

It's very rare for Lake Huron to be this calm, but this morning it was like the proverbial millpond!
AFD III 75-150 D at 150 mm f5.6 P45+

Bill
Bill, that's 99% spot on perfect and a great demonstration of how breaking the rules of composition can make a shot so much more than it would have been had you applied said rules. It's one of my favourite shots on here for a while. If it were mine I would slightly tweak the perspective further in order to make it more exactly symmetrical but I think leaving the phone mast in the background was exactly the right thing to do.
TFS
Tim

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks, Tim, for your kind remarks - I'm always tempted to clone out that phone mast (it's actually the Coast Guard radio system) but I have an ethical problem with doing that in what otherwise is a fairly literal photo.

On the other hand, it is a great subject for lens testing! The view is from my house.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.