Site Sponsors

Thread: THINGS ARE SIMPLE AT THE TOP

Post Thanks / Like

THINGS ARE SIMPLE AT THE TOP

Hello, everyone! I'm an ALPA camera lover from China. I usually communicate with the other photographers on Chinese forum, recently one of my friends recommend me this website. I'm very glad to be here to share my experience of using ALPAs and learn new technologies, welcome to communicate!

I started my ALPA life with ALPA 12 SWA & Schneider XL47/5,6 in 2005.Before that I used 35mm camera, e.g. Canon,Nikon,minolta,Contax and Leica...Then I felt that 35mm camera can't fit my demand, so I turn to Hasseblad and Horseman 612.

Before 2005, I have no idea with ALPA, but when I touched the ALPA 12 SWA at the first time, I knew that this was my dream camera. Firm, simple, high quality and the beautiful appearance impressed me deeply. As a result, ALPA is my favorite camera, and then I bought ALPA 12 TC & Helvetar48/5.6,HR35/4.0 lenses, ALPA 12 STC & HR50/4.0 lens.

About at the end of 2005,I started use Leaf Aptus22 digital back at the same time I still use films. But when the PhaseONE P45+ digital back came out, I completely gave up the films. The quality of the pictures and the reliability of the back were very good, but before shooting I must activate the back, this was a disadvantage. Even if I used the ALPA's activate project accessories, it still couldn't capture quick motion

Nowadays, most of my pictures are taken by ALPA 12 STC with PhaseONE IQ180 or P45+ digital back, the shift function is very accurate and convenient, which let me take pictures in whatever format as my wishes, and also can get more pixels.

I put some pictures to share with you, I 'd love to communicate with you about the ALPA's experience and feelings.
    Likes 27 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: THINGS ARE SIMPLE AT THE TOP

Best first post ever. Very impressive

Where are the mountain photos taken?
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 25th July 2013 at 00:31.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Lots of Alpa Fans here
    You should take a look at the FPS, even more freedom to capture what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Mr.Game!

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fantastic series! Thanks for sharing.
    Welcome!
    Pramote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Game View Post
    Hello, everyone! I'm an ALPA camera lover from China. I usually communicate with the other photographers on Chinese forum, recently one of my friends recommend me this website. I'm very glad to be here to share my experience of using ALPAs and learn new technologies, welcome to communicate!

I started my ALPA life with ALPA 12 SWA & Schneider XL47/5,6 in 2005.Before that I used 35mm camera, e.g. Canon,Nikon,minolta,Contax and Leica...Then I felt that 35mm camera can't fit my demand, so I turn to Hasseblad and Horseman 612.

Before 2005, I have no idea with ALPA, but when I touched the ALPA 12 SWA at the first time, I knew that this was my dream camera. Firm, simple, high quality and the beautiful appearance impressed me deeply. As a result, ALPA is my favorite camera, and then I bought ALPA 12 TC & Helvetar48/5.6,HR35/4.0 lenses, ALPA 12 STC & HR50/4.0 lens.

About at the end of 2005,I started use Leaf Aptus22 digital back at the same time I still use films. But when the PhaseONE P45+ digital back came out, I completely gave up the films. The quality of the pictures and the reliability of the back were very good, but before shooting I must activate the back, this was a disadvantage. Even if I used the ALPA's activate project accessories, it still couldn't capture quick motion

Nowadays, most of my pictures are taken by ALPA 12 STC with PhaseONE IQ180 or P45+ digital back, the shift function is very accurate and convenient, which let me take pictures in whatever format as my wishes, and also can get more pixels.

I put some pictures to share with you, I 'd love to communicate with you about the ALPA's experience and feelings.
    Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing

J. Duncan

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, nice images - xie xie - welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Welcome to GetDPI - I've seen your wonderful pictures on the Chinese Alpa forum (which I can't read), but your images speak for themselves.

Cheers, -Peter
    Last edited by PeterL; 25th July 2013 at 17:59.
    Alpa TC STC | IQ140 | 24XL 35XL 120N-ASPH
    www.peterlomdahl.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...
    I need to go out and shoot.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Welcome to the friendly Alpa crowd and community in general here at GetDPI. Bring your friends over too!

There are quite a few technical camera shooters here, including a core of Alpa shooters too. As you can appreciate, we all generally feel like you'd have to prise away our Alpa's from our cold dead fingers ... I know that I just love using mine whenever and wherever I can.

I'm always wary of Alpa's marketing message though. I'm not a big fan of their 'Simple at the top' because in reality all of the camera systems at this level are truly excellent. That said, I wouldn't change my Alpa

I'm sure we'd all love to see more of your images.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A great start, Mr Game!
    We look forward to more!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wonderful images Mr. Game. Welcome to GetDPI. We look forward to more of your postings.

Rick Longseth

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Very nice images Mr Game

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful images Mr. Game and and a very friendly welcome to Getdpi. Your love for using a particular system is readily evident your 1st posting and its nice to see such passion.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent photographs Mr.Game Looking forward seeing more work from you!
    Alpa FPS MAX TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Welcome Mr. Game - from a Cambo user
    Beautiful images..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much to all the friends! Please forgive me for not replying to you one by one. Sharing the pictures with you is my pleasure, this is also one of the most important joy of photography.
    There are a large number of ALPA users in China. As far as I know, in the past long time, Maybe China is a large ALPA's market in the world.(About nowadays situation I'm not very clear.)
    There are two kinds of people who buy ALPAs in China. One of them are photographers who needs these simple, stable cameras of high quality. The others love ALPAs' distinctive design and manufacturing technique, they see ALPAs as artwork that could be collected. Of course, people who bought ALPAs for collecting now also can capture great pictures, they fall in love with photography. I will recommend GetDPI to them and invite them to share their pictures, the only problem is langrage, but it can be solved.
    I mainly take pictures of natural scenery and cultural landscape. ALPA 12 TC is the most portable and convenient camera. I use 35 and 48mm lens for a long time, so I have Intuitive judgment to the field of view through the lens. I hardly use the viewfinder for about 5 years, maybe this is unbelievable to the photographers who never use ALPAs. It just like estimating the focus, in fact there are not so many problems as imaginative. In my opinion, it is very wonderful for photographers who use DSLR and never use ALPAs.
    shortpballer mentioned ALPA 12 FPS, I saw it at the P & E show in Beijing in April. Indeed, it is a very convenient multi-platform camera, I'm very interested in it. Maybe I will have the chance to use ALPA 12 FPS to take pictures, very expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much to all the friends! Please forgive me for not replying to you one by one. Sharing the pictures with you is my pleasure, this is also one of the most important joy of photography.

There are a large number of ALPA users in China. As far as I know, in the past long time, Maybe China is a large market in the world. (About nowadays situation I'm not very clear.)

There are two kinds of people who buy ALPAs in China. Some of them are photographers who need these simple, stable cameras of high quality. The others love ALPAs' distinctive design and manufacturing technique, they see ALPAs as artwork that could be collected. Of course, people who bought ALPAs for collecting now also can capture great picture, they fall in love with photography. I will recommend GetDPI to them and invite them to share their pictures, the only problem is langrage, but it can be solved.

I mainly take pictures of natural scenery and cultural landscape. ALPA 12 TC is the most portable and convenient camera. I use 35 and 48mm lens for a long time, so I have intuitive judgment to the field of view through the lens. I hardly use the viewfinder for about 5 year, maybe this is unbelievable to the photographers who never use ALPAs. It just like estimating the focus, in fact there are not so many problems as imaginative. In my opinion, it is very wonderful for photographers who use DSLR and never use ALPAs.

shortpballer mentioned ALPA 12 FPS, I saw it at the P & E show in Beijing in April. Indeed, it is a very convenient multi-platform camera, I'm very interested in it. Maybe I will have the chance to use ALPA 12 FPS to take pictures, very expected.

China is an agrarian nation for a long time. Since we have the historical record, Chinese people living near by the two rivers, the Yangtze River and the Yellow River, They raised the Chinese nation and achieved our history, so all of Chinese people see them as our mother river. Moreover, I grew up in the upstream of the Yangtze River, I love it so much. It not only flows from the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, across the mainland, it also flows deep in the heart of each one of us.

The following pictures are taken in recent years, a part of a long-term project. (In the past, now and in the future I will always focus on it.) I don't know what I should shot, so I follow my feeling and push the shutter. But I can concern that to take all of these need wider viewing angle, ALPA is the only and also the best choice.

As is known to all, China's market economy reformed in the 80 s. After the fast transition, China transformed from an almost purely agricultural country to industrial country. In the 30 years, China has made a big change which Europe and the United States used 200 years. These changes not only include the change of economy and industry, also include the culture and values, as well as the geographic landscape. The Yangtze River also changed. I cannot judge these changes, but it is truly different as before. In the process of the change, I, a photographer, recorded these changes, in order to remember the Yangtze River in my heart.

ALPA 12TC & Helvetar APO48mm
    PhaseONE IQ180 DB
    Last edited by Mr.Game; 26th July 2013 at 18:25. Reason: Add camera information
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok, I'll say it - Mr. Games' got game.

I very much like the bottom right green grasses photo from your first post, among others.

Welcome aboard!

Steve Hendrix
    Capture Integration
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Mr. Game!

Your first set of photos are all beautiful. I love the ocean sunset one - I'm a sucker for that light and colour; the promise of a beautiful twilight and night to come.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Continue my landscape photos

in Tibet and Yun'nan,China
    ALPA 12TC & HR 35mm/4.0
    PhaseONE P45+ DB
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great photography, very interesting to see those images. Not often you see something like that from China.
    Thanks for sharing..

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

spectacular images!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Mr. Game. Thank you for sharing your great images with us.
    Douglas Benson.

Post Thanks / Like

Sensational images!!!
    Welcome Mr.Game!
    Please show us more photos of the beautiful China with your Alpa system ; )
    Leica | Angenieux | Alpa | Hasselblad | Phase One
    www.raymondchak.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning pictures. Welcome to Getdpi. If you ever stop by Hong Kong, do look us up for a coffee and a nice chat.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums! Lovely images.