The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo viewfinder differences

jstn

Cambo offers two viewfinders, the WDS-580 and WRS-1080. What are the differences between them? It's not clear from the descriptions on cambo.com why I'd choose one or the other.

alajuela

Cambo offers two viewfinders, the WDS-580 and WRS-1080. What are the differences between them? It's not clear from the descriptions on cambo.com why I'd choose one or the other.
Hi
You should speak to Dave at Capture Intergration 404-522-7662
I have the RS AE but I use the iPhone w holder. Dave will probably have whatever u decide after talking to him. CI with give straight talk and clear advice

Let us know your decision
Phil

kdphotography

WRS1080 with the two point fixation---as far as I can tell (I don't use this viewfinder) is for use with the WRS1090 Compendium (I do use this). You'll need the right shoe adapter here depending on if you have the Cambo WRS or the Cambo WRS AE.

Call CI to get all the right parts, bits and pieces! All those numbers can be confusing.

ken

ken

f8orbust

I would seriously try before you buy - I had the WDS-580 (probably the same optically as the WDS-1080; looks like it's only the fixation that differs) and it was downright the worst viewfinder I have ever used. It made my eye water after looking through it for too long (>5 seconds) and has bags of distortion. A shame, because the rest of the Cambo system is really nice. The plastic viewfinder frames that you buy (in metal mounts) are junk as well - mine fell apart straight out of the box. Just adapt the Linhof, Arca or Alpa viewfinder to your Cambo and leave the Cambo one well alone.