The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quick and simple Q about Leaf Aptus 22 and HX701

Tibor

Hi,

I searched and found different answers but not a clear one, so here is my quick and simple Q about Leaf Aptus 22 (Mamiya mount) and Mamiya HX701 adapter (part number 70994):

1. Can I use Leaf Aptus 22 (Mamiya mount) + Mamiya HX701 + Mamiya RZ67 Pro II D?
2. If yes, do I need any additional cable or modification to the body / adapter to work?
3. If triggering strobes with Pocket Wizard MultiMAX using the above configuration do I need anything else?

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Last edited:

mhedden

2 - no, unless you want to shoot long exposure in which case you need a synch cable.
I just bought an RZ67PROIID, and I'm trying to find an HX701 for it now, so this post was helpful.

I have an additional question about your response though. Doesn't the Aptus 22 only have a 30 second exposure max? In which case the long exposure requirement would only work on a back that supports it?

Also, If it's possible to do with the Aptus 22 (I bought the Aptus II -5), which sync cable would I need for long exposures?

Thanks

weinlamm

I have an additional question about your response though. Doesn't the Aptus 22 only have a 30 second exposure max? In which case the long exposure requirement would only work on a back that supports it?
Yes. You can't do 35 sec exporsures... :rolleyes: The back stops and you wouldn't get any picture. I'm not sure, that this could be healed with a different cable; can't believe this.

And in normal cases you should take a normal leaf-cable for your back. And for tech.cam you could take a Metz 36-50-sync-cord (this is a tip from the Alpa-website).

weinlamm

Graham,

I'm not sure... The thread from Doug is about a P45/P45+ - this backs have don't have any time-limitation ( ok; one hour at P45+, several minutes at P45 - but at both the back shouldn't stop if you are over the time ).
Ok. I only have a tech.cam - but my Leaf-back stops working in contrast to the description of the P45/P45+.

steve_cor

A Leaf Aptus back is always on, and doesn't use a wake up cable.

Officially, the exposure times on a Leaf Aptus II are from 1/10,000 – 32 seconds.

It creates a lot of color noise in the dark areas of the image on long exposures, so is not the best choice of backs for long exposures.

--Steve.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
In the case of the Leaf you don't need the wake up that's true. If you want to shoot beyond 60s you would still need the synch cable. If not, you don't.

You've got my interest pique'd now so perhaps I'll pull out my Aptus 65 and try it on my own RZ Pro IID / HX701 combo. I've only used it with my P25+/IQ backs so far.

Btw, I still love the Leaf color ...