The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First MF Digital Back musings

Thank you for all the feedback - great to see your kit and shots as well.
While 50(RZII) and 65(GX680) widest I go, I tend to go towards 90 and up for landscape work. I actually shoot more 50mm for landscapes on DSLR.

My interest though lies with the light and tone capture of the backs.
To try to explain a little (I have a feeling I will brutally fail): I was working with 3D CGI in Lightwave before. There were concepts of volumetric light and radiosity - where light would bounce off surfaces to create even and gentle light gradation.
I try to mimic this with my DSLR, but the transition within a tonal range seem to harsh for my liking.
Now this of course can be attributed to the lack of PP skill on my part, but as it was agreed, you can't quite put something in an image that isn't there in the capture.

I would appreciate any technical comments on the matter.