The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 7 - DigitalBack Adapter Plate Concept

Shashin, you're right, I think it was a Mamiya 7 ii feature to add multishot, which would allow cocking the shutter without winding the film. Maybe that was the only II feature!

Edit: sorry multi exposure not multishot

pedro39photo

In the MF film age we saw so many types of cameras, its almost 10 years past of the DMF and we just see 2 new systems, the Pentax 645D and the Leica S...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The Mamiya 7/II has many nice features, like compactness and light weight, ease of use and excellent wide angle lenses. While this may be a fun project, all the above three features will disappear or become severely limited by mounting a digital back.

pedro39photo

Yes Jogen this project if was possible will change some of the best points of the camera, but its a way to bring again of the shelves one of the best optics in MF film cameras.
Maybe in the future we can see new digital backs became small in depth and height.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not meant as a criticism, Pedro, just stating the fact, and I have some of the same dilemmas with my GX680. A 6x7 or 6x8 sensor would be nice :)