The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H1 focusing screen + mask

Zerimar

Hello!

I recently picked up a used H1 kit (only 291 actuations on the body, lens, and magazine :clap::p)

I have a H2 body as well, and purchased it used, it came with grid focusing screen, and a mask for a P45+ (purchased as a kit)

The H1 has the standard focusing screen, and no mask. I would like to purchase both for it. Where would I be able to find them, and would I be able to install them myself? If not, could Samy's Camera Los Angeles do it?

I have been waiting to do this before sending my H2 body to be repaired (The shutter button no longer works, so the A-EL button has been used to expose for me as of late)

Any advice that would point me in the right direction would really be appreciated!

jecxz

Where would I be able to find them, and would I be able to install them myself?

Any advice that would point me in the right direction would really be appreciated!
Here is where you can purchase focusing screens for your H1/H2:

hasselblad focus screen| B&H Photo Video

It is very easy to replace them yourself. You take the viewfinder off, that gives you access to the focusing screen. Look for a little loop of an arm and use that to lift it out. Insert the new focusing screen and on the side there will be an indented dot; use that to press it into the body. Reattach the viewfinder. Turn camera on. Go make photograph.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
derek jecxz {photographer}
www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer