Site Sponsors

Thread: H1 focusing screen + mask

Post Thanks / Like

H1 focusing screen + mask

Hello!

I recently picked up a used H1 kit (only 291 actuations on the body, lens, and magazine )

I have a H2 body as well, and purchased it used, it came with grid focusing screen, and a mask for a P45+ (purchased as a kit)

The H1 has the standard focusing screen, and no mask. I would like to purchase both for it. Where would I be able to find them, and would I be able to install them myself? If not, could Samy's Camera Los Angeles do it?

I have been waiting to do this before sending my H2 body to be repaired (The shutter button no longer works, so the A-EL button has been used to expose for me as of late)

Any advice that would point me in the right direction would really be appreciated!
    Rick Rose
    www.RickrPhoto.com
    HasselPhase

Post Thanks / Like

Re: H1 focusing screen + mask

Quote Originally Posted by Zerimar View Post
    Where would I be able to find them, and would I be able to install them myself?

Any advice that would point me in the right direction would really be appreciated!
    Here is where you can purchase focusing screens for your H1/H2:

hasselblad focus screen| B&H Photo Video

It is very easy to replace them yourself. You take the viewfinder off, that gives you access to the focusing screen. Look for a little loop of an arm and use that to lift it out. Insert the new focusing screen and on the side there will be an indented dot; use that to press it into the body. Reattach the viewfinder. Turn camera on. Go make photograph.

Kind regards,
    Derek Jecxz
    derek jecxz {photographer}
    www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: H1 focusing screen + mask

So this would be the proper one for my digital back?

Hasselblad Focusing Screen H with 36 x 48mm Grid3043311 B&H
    Rick Rose
    www.RickrPhoto.com
    HasselPhase