The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does Arca-Swiss glue their clamps to the heads nowadays?

fotophil

So the Arca Service Center is only permitted to remove the A/S Clamp and replace it with ANOTHER A/S Clamp for a service fee. The situation is very sad becasue the Arca Service Center has to go the trouble of removing the original A/S Clamp (probably using the same heating technique discussed previously) but they are prohibited from installing a non-A/S clamp. It seems that A/S may be interested in preventing the installation of RRS Clamps - maybe A/S is just jealous of the RRS Clamp Design?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Maybe A/S as a small company is just p****d with RRS/Kirk/Acratech/Novoflex et al in general for being in the Arca-Swiss compatible business and doing rather well or better at it. That said, I'm sure that they're all really upset with the other clones out there now such as Sunwayphoto, Sirui, Feisol, and all the others.

Btw, I must admit that I've never seen an option to buy an A/S head without a clamp either. If it exists, I'd certainly buy that version of the D4 and then choose my prefered clamp for the job.