The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Digital Back Interface - Some Confusion...

foster_jb

Hi,

I recently acquired a Phase One 645DF with an IQ140 DB. I also own an Arca Swiss M Line, and I wish to use the DB with the M Line as well.

I have been looking at various adapter plate solutions, whether through Arca Swiss, Kapture Group, Mamiya, etc.. And where I get confused, is exactly what interface the Phase One 645DF has? My initial assumption was that it was a "Mamiya 645" interface, yet Kapture Group lists this interface plus a separate "PhaseOne 645AF/DF" interface...

Are they not the same thing? Does the DF body use a different interface than "Mamiya 645?"

I ask because I am thinking to purchase the "Mamiya Graflok-AFD" adapter for my Arca Swiss, and just use it with the Graflok adapter I use for roll film. I like this combo as I may then use it on any other cameras I purchase which accept a graflok adapter.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Foster

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
One in the same. Mamiya and Phase DF are the same interface. You'll just need a adapter plate for your M line in a Mamiya/phase mount.

segraves

Foster,
You should get in touch with Steve Hendrix over at Capture Integration. He's super knowledgeable, very helpful, and their customer service is great. He helped me a great deal with my Phase One to RZ setup.
Good luck,
Gary