Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase One Digital Back Interface - Some Confusion...

Post Thanks / Like

Phase One Digital Back Interface - Some Confusion...

Hi,

I recently acquired a Phase One 645DF with an IQ140 DB. I also own an Arca Swiss M Line, and I wish to use the DB with the M Line as well.

I have been looking at various adapter plate solutions, whether through Arca Swiss, Kapture Group, Mamiya, etc.. And where I get confused, is exactly what interface the Phase One 645DF has? My initial assumption was that it was a "Mamiya 645" interface, yet Kapture Group lists this interface plus a separate "PhaseOne 645AF/DF" interface...

Are they not the same thing? Does the DF body use a different interface than "Mamiya 645?"

I ask because I am thinking to purchase the "Mamiya Graflok-AFD" adapter for my Arca Swiss, and just use it with the Graflok adapter I use for roll film. I like this combo as I may then use it on any other cameras I purchase which accept a graflok adapter.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Foster

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase One Digital Back Interface - Some Confusion...

One in the same. Mamiya and Phase DF are the same interface. You'll just need a adapter plate for your M line in a Mamiya/phase mount.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Guy, I appreciate your quick response.

Best,
    Foster

Post Thanks / Like

Foster,
    You should get in touch with Steve Hendrix over at Capture Integration. He's super knowledgeable, very helpful, and their customer service is great. He helped me a great deal with my Phase One to RZ setup.
    Good luck,
    Gary