The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ180 very slow in writing to CF

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bill, I used to suffer from GAS, now I have this addiction as well. Going to be a basket case soon I am sure!

Fortunately I am in good company here :)

Pradeep
Your going to be one of two things and sometimes both . Either crazy like a horse or a drunk. Just don't let it turn you into a jackass from both. Very clever eh.

Yes I'm the crazy jackass. ROTFLMAO

Okay seriously I'm just horsing around but your on the right path and the big key here and a couple folks eluded to it so I'll bring it up again do your homework and most important don't rush into anything. Mistakes here are big and costly and I have too many emails saying I should have listened and now I'm screwed. You don't want to be that guy.

I say that with the thought I'm heading to teach a workshop and will have a tech cam back in my slimy hands, I'm just preparing myself to be strong and not go rob a bank on the way. Bad news I checked all the possibilities in the area where I will be and they are on lock down. Lol

miska

Hi,
So do I understand correctly, that it is not possible to disable the dark-frame subtraction ? For start trails / astrophoto that's a pity, since MF lenses can be quite good, and astrophotography is a field where good lenses are very sought after ! What I do now, is to take 1-2 hours worth of 30 second shots, and assemble them later to form the longer star trails. On my Canon, I disable the dark frame, and then make it myself (by taking a 30 sec shot with the lens cap on) after the star trail is finished (or even better, one at the start and one at the end, average them, to take into account possible temperature variations).
Thanks !

kdphotography

At this time, you cannot disable the dark-frame on the Phase MFDBs.
P45+ and IQ260 are king of the hill for long exposures.

Petitions are being circulated now for a firmware update that will play music during the dark frame period.... :D