The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Capture One 4.6 Released!

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I've deleted my preferences and every trace I can find of it and reinstalled so many times that I know for sure it doesn't help. After I reinstall, reconfigure, and use it for a while it starts crashing consistently after a few seconds.

carstenw

Jan, if you are on a Mac, then try starting Console, clearing it, then starting C1 and see what you get in the Console.

Digitalcameraman

I've deleted my preferences and every trace I can find of it and reinstalled so many times that I know for sure it doesn't help. After I reinstall, reconfigure, and use it for a while it starts crashing consistently after a few seconds.

Jan:

Try holding the shift key as you boot the software. This will allow the software to boot up without loading a session. I had this happen to 2 of my machines when testing 4.5 and 4.5.2 It was either a corrupt capture causing the problem or the session had become corrupt. So then make a new session try to import the files into the new session. This has worked for me and several others that I have got calls from in my area.

Good Luck:

Chris Snipes
Phase One Resller
Phase One Test Studio

www.imageproduction.com
[email protected]

Don Libby

Wanted to add my thoughts on the recent upgrade which is all positive; installed 4.6 on both my 32 bit laptop and 64 bit studio computers this morning without any hiccups. Decided to do a test run of the new software using an image I took at the South Rim and am very satisfied with the outcome.

I also want to take the time here to personally thank Doug Peterson for helping me get over the rough spots on 4.5 and learning about dark slides!

don

harmsr

Workshop Member
Doug - Do you know when they are going to include the option of selecting the preferred ICC profile to use when opening a new file from each camera, like they had in 3.7?

It still is a pain for the P30+ to always open as flash and the M8 as the generic vs. UV/IR.

Thanks,

Ray

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
4.6 has been working for several days now without going belly-up.

Holding my breath and keeping my fingers crossed...