The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H5D - what should be in a starter kit

evgeny

Thanks for replies. The Hasselblad Quick Release Coupler looks interesting.

I not always shoot tethered.
However I wish Phocus to support Android-based phones.
I understand that this is not an easy task, because hardware from different manufacturers are not the same.

Thanks
Evgeny

stngoldberg

Hi,

If the issues is that you need to go out of the setting because of the ligthing or mirrors etc, you can trigger the camera using an iPhone by example :https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phocus-mobile/id411637574?mt=8

Now, in the other hand I can't phantom myself using a medium format camera for casual self portraits. The idea of leaving 30K US$ dollars unattended for the next guy to kick the tripod is chilling. There is a reason many crowded places have a no tripod rule.

Maybe is me following my engineering "respect Murphy" mindset.

I have never use one, but this two claim to work:

Vello Wireless ShutterBoss Timer Remote RCW-C1 B&H Photo Video

JJC compatible Hasselblad Release Cord H Wireless 30m: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The BH people should be able to confirm if it works with the H5D

Best regards,

J. Duncan.

I have use the Vello Wireless ShutterBoss Timer Remote RCW-C1 successfully many times

Stanley

Quentin_Bargate

I have just taken delivery of a H5D-200MS. Had all my older camera kit stolen (save my H4D-50) so decided to trade up. Might be a few weeks before I can really get to grips with it due to business committements, but looking forward to it :)

jduncan

I have just taken delivery of a H5D-200MS. Had all my older camera kit stolen (save my H4D-50) so decided to trade up. Might be a few weeks before I can really get to grips with it due to business committements, but looking forward to it :)

Hey,

Congratulations. Waiting for the review :)

How is that possible ? If we go to hasselblad.com or to hasselbadusa.com there is not a H5D-200ms in the product menu.

Is it not true that Hasselblad has the best communication strategy on the corporate World? :)

Best regards,

J. Duncan

Quentin_Bargate

Hey,

Congratulations. Waiting for the review :)

How is that possible ? If we go to hasselblad.com or to hasselbadusa.com there is not a H5D-200ms in the product menu.

Is it not true that Hasselblad has the best communication strategy on the corporate World? :)

Best regards,

J. Duncan
Got mine in 3 weeks from Pro Centre in London.

Agree - the websites are just not fully up to date.

A lot to learn, even though the camera is fundamentally similar to a "standard" H5D-50. Will start experimenting tonight in the studio :thumbup:

Dustbak

Try shooting at higher ISO and compare single vs multishot. I always really liked the higher ISO multishot files. The shadows remain very clean while rendering a nice grain like structure (sure you can get this with PP too).

From now on you will probably always think about solutions how to be able to do a multishot versus a single one :)