The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEAF Aptus II 5 Digital Back Issue

Ashish65

Friends,

I am using a Leaf Aptus II 5 22 mp digital back on a Hasselblac 501 CM. it takes great pictures.
Issues -
when I use a shutter speed of 1/4 sec or less the picture is invariably blurred despite holding the shutter open long enough for the lens shutter to close.
when using a cable release the back mostly fails to get the image, not so when pressing the camera shutter
also need a firmware update
please help
thanks

Ashish

TeknoSmurf

Louis, that article is out of date.

Here are the steps to bring your Aptus II up to date:
1) download and install capture one 7.1.4
2) plug your Aptus II in by FireWire
3) there is no third step
Doug,

So am I correct in assuming that the Aptus II back will automatically be updated to the latest firmware level the first time the back is connected to Capture One? And this is true for the AFi-II 10 back, as well?

Thanks.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug,

So am I correct in assuming that the Aptus II back will automatically be updated to the latest firmware level the first time the back is connected to Capture One? And this is true for the AFi-II 10 back, as well?

Thanks.
Every time a supported leaf back is connected to c1 it checks the firmware and updates as needed.