The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro flash for Mamiya/Phase One 645 body

Pemihan

I just received a Mamiya 120mm f4 D macro lens in order to do some macro work I have planned.
However I need some light and wonder if I can use my Canon Macro Twin Lite on a Mamiya/Phase 645 body?
Does anyone have experience with that or some other solution?

Thanks
Peter

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I don't see why not, as long as the Canon unit has a standard flash connection that can plug into the 645. (It's connector is on the left side of the camera under a well-disguised rubber plug!) However, I suspect the Canon unit has unique Canon connector. It could be changed by cannibalising a standard connector. It's only two wires, after all.

Of course speed will be limited by the FP shutter unless you have an LS lens.

Pemihan

Thanks Bill, I will look int that..
Speed is not a problem, it is on tripod and for non moving objects.

Peter

I don't see why not, as long as the Canon unit has a standard flash connection that can plug into the 645. (It's connector is on the left side of the camera under a well-disguised rubber plug!) However, I suspect the Canon unit has unique Canon connector. It could be changed by cannibalising a standard connector. It's only two wires, after all.

Of course speed will be limited by the FP shutter unless you have an LS lens.