The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 lens to Hasselblad or Nikon adapter

grappa

i have a nice collection of Contax 645 lenses I would like to use with my Hasselblad 645. Can anyone tell me where to get the best adapter ?
Maybe even to my Nikon 800 ?
Is there anyway to get the autofocus to work on either camera ?

Arjuna

I don't think that you will be able to adapt them to your Hasselblad (645) H camera: a Hasselblad H camera has no shutter, as the shutters are in the lenses, whereas the Contax 645 lenses have no shutters, as the Contax 645 camera has a shutter.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hasselblad H, with no body shutter, can only accept Hasselblad lenses. They have their native H lenses and the classic 500 series lenses which can be adapted (you cannot use the Hassy 200 series lenses since they do not have a shutter.)

Only medium format bodies with shutters such as the Mamiya 645, Phase One body, Leica S, or Contax body can accept lenses from other systems. Even then only some combinations work as each lens system was designed to be a certain distance from the film/sensor and you can only go further, not closer than this distance.

You could always pick up a back mounted for Contax. They are less common but we get one in every month or two.