The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H3DII on technical camera

cyron123

Hi guys,

i try to attach my Hasselblad H3DII 31Mpix on a Cambo WRS. I have everything but there is the problem with the power source.

1) I could shoot tethered with a laptop. This is no alternative for me, because i will shoot outdoor.

2) I could buy a image bank II. But they are discontinued. And very expensive for only a battery (Yes the have more, but i dont need it)

3) i could try the "DC to Leaf" Adapter. But what battery? A lot of companies who are mentioned here (in older threats) are closed!

Can you help me? Thank you.
cyron

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
You're aware of the very strong limitations on lens compatibility and movement with that sensor? (not a slam on Hassy - same is true of the P30 and P30+ which use the same sensor).

there is a little external battery from silvestri, which i use together with my h3d-39 on the arca rm3di. works fine, isn't too expensive and it's recommended from hasselblad.

look at this article (at the very bottom): Hasselbladbulletin.com

jerome_m

Actually, all what would be needed is a hacked firewire cable and a 12-15V lithium battery (e.g. from a video camera or helicopter model). Connect the + to pin 8 and the - to pin 6. The pinout of the cable is here.

There are also little firewire hubs with a plug for power. That would do just the same.

cyron123

Hi Jerome,
thnak you for your info about the cable pinout. But i am a bit afraid to use a selfmade cable. I ve taked a hasselbald and they said, that there is no exact voltage defined. it differs on the action you do and the firewire controller could control this...(Hmmm...i don't know???!?!?).

I don't understand that hasselbald don't make a cable or battery for this issue. This is a good possibility to use a H-Back on a technical camera..

cyron

Udo

Cyron,
there is no need to worry. The H-Back's electronics contains a DC/DC converter with a wide input voltage range. This converter plus some regulation electronics does generate the required voltage for the back. I am using a Quantum battery pack with 12V output voltage plus a self-made cable, which works fine.

Regards, Udo

cyron123

HI guys,
i bought the silvestri battery pack. They sold a special Hasselblad cable too. It works really good. THnaks...!!!
cyron

tony_roslund

You're aware of the very strong limitations on lens compatibility and movement with that sensor? (not a slam on Hassy - same is true of the P30 and P30+ which use the same sensor).
Would the same apply to Phase One IQ40? I was thinking about picking up a WRS and 35mm XL for it.