The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens Aperture Conversion

I have a stupid question. For my understanding, if I use a marked 80mm lens in a medium format camera say 6x6, then the approximate focal length in 135 format camera is equivalent to 80 x 0.64 = 51.2mm. Then, what about the aperture conversion ....?? Thanks.

Last edited:

Shashin

Re: Lens Aperature Conversion

Equivalency here is about field of view. There is no conversion factor for aperture in regards to exposure. If you are looking for the change in depth of field, the change will be proportional to crop factor.

Equivalency here is about field of view. There is no conversion factor for aperture in regards to exposure. If you are looking for the change in depth of field, the change will be proportional to crop factor.
Very good explanation, thanks Shashin.

Very good explanation, thanks Shashin.