The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Alpa FPS adapter for Olympus?

gerald.d

Hi all -

Back from travelling and just noticed a whole bunch of updates on the ALPA website, including this one -

ALPA of Switzerland - Manufacturers of remarkable cameras - News

It makes mention of "All Images in the new gallery "spirit of bellevue" where made with the ALPA 12 FPS, Leaf Credo 40 digital back, FPS adapter CAN and the following lenses: Canon TS 24mm, Canon EF 85 mm 1:1.2 and Olympus Zuiko 35/2.8 shift, the latter adapted with the lens adapter OM-EOS 180.888.335."

Does anyone know if this is a new adapter? I can't find it on the website, and the Canon adapter has the product code 180.888.310.

Kind regards,

Gerald

ddanois

Hi Gerald,

I think that Olympus lenses can be used on the FPS via the Canon adapter plate and a third party OM-EOS adapter. I don't think there is a dedicated Olympus FPS adapter plate.

Regards,

Derek

chrismuc

This adapter would have the same function as any other Olympus OM to Canon EF adapter one might find on Ebay.
Canon adapter? What for? Canon EF lenses mount directly to the Alpa Canon EF mount.

gerald.d

Hi Gerald,

I think that Olympus lenses can be used on the FPS via the Canon adapter plate and a third party OM-EOS adapter. I don't think there is a dedicated Olympus FPS adapter plate.

Regards,

Derek
I didn't think so either Derek, but they quote a product number that seems to be for an unlisted product.