The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP!!!! Leaf shutter lens / 645df issues

Rb94301

Hello all

I'm new to this forum so please excuse my mistakes...

I recently naught a new leaf shutter 80mm and a refurb DM33 from digital transitions to replace my aging mamiya 645afd/zd kit.

Well when using the 80mm ls lens I get a blank capture when I shoot faster then 1/30 on shutter aperture makes no difference, it only happens when I shoot faster then 1/30 with leaf shutter. But when using CF18 to only use focal shutter I have no problems at all.

What's going on with this please help, phase one/ mamiya don't seem to give a crap. And since I live in australia DT (digital transitions NY) want me to ship it all back and god knows how long it will take them to give me an answer and they won't send it directly back to australia.

Regards
Rb94301

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi RB!

Sorry to hear about these troubles. We'd look at it the hour we receive it if you shipped to us. But let me check with some other options for you. Our service department opens in about 90 minutes and we will do everything we can to get you a fast answer.

Rb94301

Thanks Doug, much appreciated
I've been dealing with another issue with Allison regarding the standard 80mm lens that came with the kit but that is less of an issue then this.

Thanks again

johnnygoesdigital

Perhaps a firmware issue.

Even though you have a LS on the DF you still have to have the FP shutter get out of the way. Not a great design, but perhaps the new DF will solve that.

Rb94301

UPDATE...

Johnny I think you maybe right... Today I tried shooting tethered and the leaf shutter performed perfectly without any issues, but as soon as I went portable problems came back.

But all firmware is up to date.

johnnygoesdigital

Perhaps a reset to default settings on the DM33, which I believe is set to "0", in the CF's. It seems to be a shutter sync issue, try different settings for LS and FP to make sure the lens is able to release above 1/30th. Also remember to tap "okay" after every setting change or your inputs are negated. I'm almost certain it's a CF setting.

johnnygoesdigital

Hmm, you've paid good $ to DT, I'd insist on a loner while they fix your gear for free, if they can't troubleshoot the issue of the lens/DB combo.

Here's a quote from DT's website...

Investing in pre-owned gear like a used Phase One or Mamiya Leaf Medium Format Digital Back doesn't mean you shouldn't receive the same service and support as a client purchasing new.

Rb94301

Thankfully DT got onto mamiya/phaseone and reeled them in, so let's see what mamiya/phase will do. But will keep everyone posted, I case anyone else ends up with same issues.