The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Pilot 1.5 Released

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think that the iPad vs iPhone connectivity goes beyond just IOS7 btw. As Josh should recall from my initial experiences with the IQ260, it is curious how the IQ and phone seems more reliable a connection wirelessly from the IQ side than the IQ to an iPad of any type.

This is all for AdHoc mode, not via a hub btw.

I was consistently able to makes my iPad connect to the IQ if, but only if, the iPhone made the wifi circuit first and the iPad joined later. Capture a pilot on the iPad would then communicate with the back. However, if the iPhone subsequently slept and dropped it's unused connection, the iPad would also no longer maintain the capture pilot session.

This was true also for IOS 7, although I did find the iPad more reliable than before but unfortunately not consistent.

I've almost been sorely tempted to go down the path of a tethered Surface Pro & USB3 connection to be honest. Not as convenient but consistency is really important from my point of view. Inconsistency is incredibly frustrating and confidence eroding.