The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Experiences with Leaf Aptus-II 10 on tech cam.

Ken_R

The Leaf AF-II 10 seems to have the widest sensor ever made for use in a digital back. At 56mm wide the sensor should be great to get the widest horizontal angle of view from any lens. I have no clue if it works well with the Rodenstock 23mm and or the Schneider 28 but I don't see why it shouldn't.

torger

The Leaf AF-II 10 seems to have the widest sensor ever made for use in a digital back. At 56mm wide the sensor should be great to get the widest horizontal angle of view from any lens. I have no clue if it works well with the Rodenstock 23mm and or the Schneider 28 but I don't see why it shouldn't.
All Dalsa 6um sensors should work very similarly in terms of color cast etc.

Early in this thread Robb reports using the 28mm with great success:
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/564359-post12.html

I'm also considering this back, the only angst I have is if I'll think it's okay to work with the 3.1:2 ratio or if I will hate it. I shoot both DSLR and MF, and I surely prefer the MF's 4:3 to the DSLR's 3:2, but well, you can always crop, and in the cases you do want a panorama perspective this is one of the best sensors you can have, with an incredible price/performance ratio. I know many prefer the simplicity of the P+ series user interface, but for tech cam work I'll choose Aptus user interface any day. So this really is a great tech cam back, if you can live with the 3.1:2 format.