Site Sponsors

Thread: DIY stitch back for p25

Post Thanks / Like

DIY stitch back for p25

Hello folks,

I'd like to attempt to make a stitch back adapter for my p25 with some linear guides I picked up on ebay. I'd like to know the exact offset of the sensor so I can calculate what height to mount the ground glass?

Can someone recommend a forum for me to get this types of technical information?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY stitch back for p25

Do you have a film back for your camera? You could directly measure the offset by measuring the position of the pressing plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    Do you have a film back for your camera? You could directly measure the offset by measuring the position of the pressing plate.
    With film loaded in the back.

Kumar

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still working on my DIY stitch back,on another whim I bought a Bronica ETRS cheap. I made an adapter for it, it's not exactly a typical adapter at this point, but it appears to be mostly light tight and focus is spot on.

If anyone is interested in how I mounted my phase one P25 H101 to a Bronica ETRS let me know and I'll share the first iteration of the design. The bronica's are so cheap i'm amazed other folks haven't experimented with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have the Hasselblad V to Bronica adapter made by Kapture Group. I seldom put it to real use at all, but I am interested to see some sample pictures taken by a seasoned photographer.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few quick sample images of some old flowers I took

500px / Jesse Schoch / bronicatest

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for uploading those sample pictures. I find that when shooting at infinite scene, the Bronica lens doesn't seem to be very "clean".

Although I have the commercial-made adapter, I am still interested in knowing how you made the adapter, and especially, how to ensure the correct focusing of the camera when using the adapted digital back. Please upload a picture of your designed adapter, when you get a chance. Thanks!