The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Protection cap for Cambo Back adapter

cyron123

Hi,
is there a cheap alternative to the cambo own protection cap for Cambo Back adapter. Is is 150 euros in germany´....
Thank you.
cyron

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Hi,
is there a cheap alternative to the cambo own protection cap for Cambo Back adapter. Is is 150 euros in germany´....
Thank you.
cyron
It is inexpensive compared to replacing your filter or CCD if you happen to damage it.

Lance

Don Libby

Totally agree with Lance on this. This was the one short fall that I had from the beginning and no matter what I cobbled together it was never perfect. This is.

kdphotography

I'll probably be selling my complete Cambo loupe, ground glass, adapter and the elusive Cambo protection cap if you're interested.

yaya

Cyron if the adapter you have is for Mamiya mount then you can by a Mamiya body cover from your local Mamiya Leaf dealer...the part number is 800-54200A and it should be around 10 EURO + VAT

Yair

kdphotography

Yair, The cambo cover for the shiftable loupe adapter plate is different than the Mamiya/Phase body cover.

The Cambo "tupperware" cap allows quick protection of the MFDB while remaining attached to the Cambo tech camera adapter plate. This allows quick placement of the shiftable loupe plate right on the Cambo, and then back off to replace the MFDB (with adapter still attached).

Such a minor detail piece of equipment---but boy does it make all the difference in the world.

ken