The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7.2 is out

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Yep! And now we can finally share raw files from the IQ250 instead of darned TIFF and JPGs!

We'll be posting throughout the week.

JoshBooth.CI

I would not recommend jumping to 7.2.0 at this point unless you are just using it for testing IQ250 files. We have discovered a bug in Live View during our initial testing. We are discussing this issue with Phase One and will post more when we know it. Check out our blog for more details.

https://captureintegration.com/capture-one-pro-7-2-0-released/
After further discussion with Phase One, Live View in Capture One 7.2 is functioning as designed. Phase One has made the Live View function more accurate, but requires a change in thinking when it comes to zooming to 100% in Live View. We are working on a more detailed blog post discussing this new Live View method, which should be available later today.

arashm

Re: Capture One 7.2 is out-Bug- Caution upgrading!

Hello
I would like to inform everyone to take some caution updating to 7.2.
I believe there is a bug that will not allow the pro version to shoot tethered. I've been in touch with Phase.
But short and long of it, after installing 7.2, every time I launch the SW, I get this window (attached).
I've since then have gone down to 7.1.6 and all is ok.
I'm including one part of my conversation with Phase below in case you'd like more detail.
Thank you and best of luck.
am

Note to phase:
"Wanted to follow up on this.
I spent quite a bit of time completely re-setting the network as suggested, also reset the PRAM and SMS. Then re-launched from OSX and ran repair disk and repair permissions of which both had no issues.
Un-installed C1 following your guidelines (web site) and re-installed 7.2 and ran into the same problem.
Later today, I was at my studio, and my MacPro which is also running 7.2 has the exact same problem, (10.8.6) Now this machine is at a different location on a different network, different internet provider. I then proceeded to get on my studio partners Mac Pro, which is still in 7.1.6, and on the same network; it had no issues. To further test out, I launched my MacBook air which is on 7.1.6 (U39T-…. license) at the studio location on the studio internet and no issues, turned WIFI off and restarted, relaunched C1 and no issues.
Came home and my Retina after all the cleaning and re-setting is displaying the same error code.
So 4 machines, 2 locations, 7.1.6 works fine, 7.2 does not, worth mentioning that until 7.2 I have never had this issue before. I'm now going to un-install 7.2 and install 7.16 on the retina (original machine this problem started on) As I'm sure it will not have any issue's.
I highly encourage the Phase team to look into this please as I'm now sure the issue is with 7.2.
I've attached a screen grab from the Mac Pro below.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Thank you"

Ben Rubinstein

Really wish they hadn't broken the LV. If you're going to make changes don't make them counter intuitive and don't release them without documentation. Sigh. We'll be keeping away from 7.2 in the studio for 6 months as is usual with C1 updates.