Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leaf AptusII-12 damaged...advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leaf AptusII-12 damaged...advice?

Shlomi, I am inclined to agree with you about color from the new Credo over the Aptus.
    One artist we do repro work for specializes in landscapes that are heavily weighted toward blues and cyans and infinite shades in between. He is very picky and although the Aptus was huge step up from the DSLR's, scan backs, and drum scans we used to do, he was still finding fault with the blue/green interpretations rendered by the Aptus.
    Painting shot today and he says we nailed it 1st time. A new record for us with this artist!
    It also seems to nail certain warm taupe colors on footwear better as well, whereas before we always had to remove magenta in selective color.

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't just blue/greens, there are a lot of mid-tones and colors between colors, such that are not present in daily objects, but some artists can have a tendency to use the exact colors that Aptus is just incapable of handling correctly. I've had many shoots where for every picture I needed to go through all the color profiles hoping to find one that comes close.

It is one of the biggest issues that exist with Aptus, yet Leaf refuse to talk about it. I've tried several times to show them, but they were not interested. I assume they knew very well what I was talking about, and had their roadmap to fix it in Credo. In the meantime it definitely hurt my business and I had several artists complain about colors which did not represent their work correctly, and I lost their business and those who knew them.

I believe that current Credo color is pretty much the IQ color.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have discovered is that they changed the battery and charger for the new Credo!
    Just posted my old AptusII-12 batteries and charger kit on Buy/Sell here if anyone out there has an AptusII-12 or other back that takes the same batteries, let me know! (I make you good deal, my friend
    Last edited by Egor; 2nd March 2014 at 16:45.