The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Capture white balance problem

Pemihan

I'm have an issue with Leaf Capture when applying LCC to images used for stitching.
I have the WB set to daylight on both images and in Leaf Capture both images look exactly the same.
But when I apply LCC to the images and open them up in Capture One or Lightroom the white balance is all screwed up and totally different on the two shots.
The two shots are taken within seconds as are the LCC's.

If I apply LCC in Capture One this does not happen..

Am I missing something?

Peter

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
What do you mean by "Apply LCC and open them up"? Do you process the images to TIFFs, export them, then import them into C1 or LR? I don't use Leaf Capture, but "applying an LCC" may not do anything coherent, or anything at all, to the image when viewed from another program.

Hopefully, someone with experience with all three setups can comment.

--Matt

Pemihan

I apply LCC in Leaf Capture and export the files as new .mos files.
Regardless of where I open then (Lightroom/Capture One/Leaf Capture) the white balance is all screwed up, which it isn't in the original files.

Peter

What do you mean by "Apply LCC and open them up"? Do you process the images to TIFFs, export them, then import them into C1 or LR? I don't use Leaf Capture, but "applying an LCC" may not do anything coherent, or anything at all, to the image when viewed from another program.

Hopefully, someone with experience with all three setups can comment.

--Matt

yaya

Peter I've just tried a couple of Aptus-II 12 calibrated images and the new mos files look fine in ACR. I wonder if what you are seeing is not an issue with the previews LR generates on your machine? Try to move the files to a different, new folder or something

Yair

Pemihan

Thanks Yair, but the issue is the same if I open up the new mos files in Capture One.

Peter