The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ160 levels

jotloob

Subscriber Member
While we're putting out upgrade ideas, how about the pair of vertical lasers on the front and back standards. Get the dots to align on the ground, and instant Scheimpflug! The lasers could be reoriented for swings.
--Matt
Matt , what about passing that idea on to LEICA GEOSYSTEMS , maker of the DISTO 5 laser . They might be able to create a Scheimpflug Laser Meter .
One of my big dreams .

Don Libby

Well, are we talking "local", level which is effected by eccentricity in the mass distribution in this oblate spheroid we inhabit, or are we talking true tangency to the mathematical model of the planet.
That might be level in New York but will be off at the equator if an astronomic reference is used.
-bob
And don't even hope to get anything level in either California or DC :p

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Matt , what about passing that idea on to LEICA GEOSYSTEMS , maker of the DISTO 5 laser . They might be able to create a Scheimpflug Laser Meter .
One of my big dreams .
My feeling is that this is almost a laser pointer and gaffer tape thing, and having a fancy and delicate mechanism would be suboptimal (e-module anyone?).