The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon adapter for Techno

torger

The problem is that you need a shutter, as Canon lenses don't have leaf shutters. Setting aperture cannot be done mechanically either, although I've heard there is the hack to set aperture on your canon body, hold the dof preview button and pull the battery, then the lens will have your desired aperture and you can mount it.

I hope Linhof will make a focal plane shutter unit for the Techno at some point. I have looked at the back mount and I think there is enough space to make such a thing without sacrificing much flange distance. With Copal shutters on the way out and electronic leaf shutters being so expensive the future is probably a CMOS back mounted to a focal plane shutter unit and then mounted on the Techno. If they manage to make the shutter unit not too big (smaller than the Alpa FPS please) I think it would be a great system.

Still there's probably a limit to how heavy lenses you want to mount to the front standard of a Techno, ie large 135 or MF SLR glass is probably not great.

f8orbust

Thanks guys - sorry I wasn't clearer in my OP - yes, I knew it was for fitting a Canon camera to a Techno (which is great news) - just wondered if anybody was actually using one? Because the Techno can get its 'standards' really close together - especially if a recessed board is used - I wondered (if mirror-up / live-view was being used on the Canon) just how wide you could go - maybe a R/S 23? a 28? a 32? a 40? ...

Hi guys,
I have talked to That Company and they made adapters for Nikon too! Something like 500 euros. Hmm.
Regals Mueller

Last edited:

hogweed

When I had my Flexicam, I used to have their own Nikon mount adapter too. These things were quite usefull for macro studio stuff where MFDB was overkill and when you needed swing and tilt (and hift) together. Things I couldn't so with the Nikkor 85PC.
These adapters should be available from all view camera makers.

Oren Grad

I bought one of these recently:

Canon EOS for Linhof Sinar Toyo Wista Horseman Cambo Arca 4x5 | eBay

Same idea - it fits an EOS body to any camera with a 4x5 Graflok fitting - though at a much lower price. I'll be using it with my Sinar F2 and P cameras, but with much longer lenses than you're talking about here. If you prefer buying from a (somewhat) more established brand name, you can find a slightly fancier and more expensive version from Fotodiox:

Fotodiox Pro Canon EOS to Large Format 4x5 Adapter - Offset Camera Mount - fits Cambo, Linhof, Calumet, Horseman, Omega, Toyo, Kodak with graflok back on Digital Canon EOS Bodies 1d, 1ds, Mark II, III, IV 5D, 5D Mark II, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D,

EDIT: I should have added, in case it's not obvious: the problem with all of these is that the extra extension inserted by the combination of the mounting cone and the mirror box in the SLR, compared to mounting a medium format digital back, puts a big constraint on how short a focal length you can use. Movements are similarly limited.

Last edited:

Sunchai

The image has show the SmartFlex L-plate mount on top of P2 camera base.
Cambo wide angle bellow ,Cambo 6x9 frame, Has.V lens ,Canon5dII and P1 camera
And it show Swing and tilt on the image plane:D
Sunchai.