The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Client images - show your paid work!

Aphoto

Dan I like the European approach to interior photography. Less contrasty and more natural clean look. I'm myself after that look.
ACH
That is exactly what I thought several times in the last months. You can really spot a difference when you compare pictures from photographers in North America to European ones.

The European "style" is cleaner, less colorful, and often somewhat brighter. Pictures from photographers in the Us and Canada seem to be more saturated, rich in contrast and more down-to-earth in a good way. At least, that's what I can see in the forums.

That is exactly what I thought several times in the last months. You can really spot a difference when you compare pictures from photographers in North America to European ones.

The European "style" is cleaner, less colorful, and often somewhat brighter. Pictures from photographers in the Us and Canada seem to be more saturated, rich in contrast and more down-to-earth in a good way. At least, that's what I can see in the forums.
Exactly that. This comment I wrote is well generalized, and is a question of different styles, none is better than the other but I'm more attracted to the cleaner, brighter look.
Opposite to this I think British photographer are in the more saturated contrasty look. Still I'm generalizing.
ACH

jvora

Hello :

As this is posted under MF part of the forum wish to confirm if images captured from all Camera Formats are permitted, i.e. even dslr's ?

If yes, I may share an image or two

Jai

Last edited:

danlindberg

thanks for the info Dan! I was wondering if it was masterful use of flashes, über control of available :)
Nope, no mastery of flash use! I have shot thousands of mostly tabletop productshots - but I'm the first to admit that I have used basic setups...

I think focus stacking would have been a good idea, but in this case I only took a bracketing sequence (without tilt).
Interesting. I could not imagine that kind of dof from that position.

Grzegorz, those are good still live samples. Very difficult too.
+1
Really nice ones!

Hello :

As this is posted under MF part of the forum wish to confirm if images captured from all Camera Formats are permitted, i.e. even dslr's ?
I do not know if it is against the forum rules - but from my point of view this thread is all about results of client assigned photography that was accepted and paid for. Simply put - professional work. (thus, I personally do not mind what format sensor in this case)

I've been photographing Still Live and Architecture for quite a long time but interior residential photography I still find it to be the hardest for me. How to compose and not distort furniture and get the essence of the designer and the place.
Work for Ignacio "Nacho" Ferreira Architecture and Interiors.

This one I think I succeeded.

These one not sure..

ACH

Last edited:

fotografz

Best idea for a post in a LOOOOOOOG time.

Wonderful work everyone! Seriously, world class!

It would be nice if some of you would elaborate on the mission that the photos were made for.

My background is more that of the client than the photographer. My career was in Art Direction for ad agencies … eventually culminating in an Executive Creative Director position.

It was folks like you that infected me with a love of photography … so more than most, I know what you have to go through to do work at the level displayed here … after all, I'm one of the pricks that makes it harder than it has to be :ROTFL:

In my own meager way, I have done some commercial work for various clients over the years … mostly to have fun, develop some visual ideas, or explore some alternative creative avenues for clients … oh, and pay for all the expensive toys.:)

Making a full time living at it, like many here, is a daunting prospect, and my hat is off to those who not only manage, but prosper. (Besides, Executive Creative Director pay was too hard to give up ;))

My photo trek has been eclectic … Consumer/Retail, Business-to-Business/industrial, table-top … all the way to Portraits and Weddings. Rest assured, I never did a commercial photo job myself, if I had the budget to hire a full time pro that specialized in what I needed … which I did 95% of the time.

Here is one example. A TV producer friend started a company with her husband based on their western style horse-riding hobby. Muddy Creek was launched with an innovative take on the traditional rain slicker … one that had an extended back that would cover the saddle.

They asked me to produce the photography for all their materials, from website, to print, to large trade-show booth images. They didn't just want product shots, but also wanted images that captured the atmospheric idealism riders experience … you would be shocked how big this sub-culture really is. 4AM call, out to the location to get golden hour.

Mostly used a Hasselblad H3D/31 for these shots and some with the H3D/39 … I tried the HC300/4.5 but couldn't focus fast enough on the moving subjects. I resorted to the HC150/3.2 with the 1.7X which did the job. Also used the HC100/2.2 and HC50/3.5

Just click on the first image to enlarge

-Marc

fotografz

Here's some consumer stuff for Ads and Point-of-Purchase. All of them using strobes and medium format digital except the B&W ad.

The three highly stylized graphic images were for a Bank client that was using stock ::banghead: I told them I would do custom shots for the same price if they paid the talent fees … mostly because I couldn't stand using another generic family shot in their advertising :cussing:. They agreed.

These three were for loans: … car loan "Need New Wheels?" , home improvement loan: "Need a second Bathroom?", home addition:, "Need an In-Law Suite?". They were so successful that I ended up doing 20 of them … and was able to negotiate a better fee for me :thumbup:

The other images were for a high end jeweler, a toni hair salon and a career training in cooking.

The wheels were for a GM collateral agency to use for catalog and POP. Chrome is fun in my little studio :rolleyes:

-Marc

Grayhand

For a local company that design and produce their own clothes for women.
Local fashion..
I mostly just do landscape for my own pleasure, but I must admit I am a sucker for the chaotic creative process involving fashion.
And, if it not chaotic, I am not interested :cool:

Ray

Mamiya AFDlll, 150mm AF, P45+, Ranger Quadra + a Chinese copy of the deep Octa

Ken_R

Here is one of my latest. Very low budget but still good profit margin due to very low overhead and doing as much of the work myself.

Ken_R

Again, low budget (ad is for a small market) but I only made the image of the Minivan. The image of the cereal and the retouching was done somewhere else.

Used the RM3Di w/ The Rodenstock 40mm HR Lens and PhaseOne IQ160 back. Used mostly Arri Tungsten Fresnels.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Dan I like the European approach to interior photography. Less contrasty and more natural clean look. I'm myself after that look.
Is incredible that it only takes you 2 1/2 hours to do so.
I will post some interiors pretty soon, I would like to get the feedback of photographer around this great forum.
ACH
What I find disturbing is that I want to buy a new brightly lit modern house after seeing these superb architectural images :eek:

I think that not only does it describe the photographic style but also taste in beer ... After having moved to the US some 18 years ago I've never got used to the over the top colour and saturation in many things, including photography (and micro brews)

jvora

Hello All :

As already mentioned by many, this Post IS a great idea - Thanks to Dan !!

As Marc requests, here's a brief background on these assignments :

Most Hotel/Resort have Photo Brand Standards that have to be adhered to the "T" - In some ways, it makes for a relatively straight forward assignment, but it does diminish creativity to a fair extent. Not being critical, just sharing how some of these types of assignments work.

I am absolutely amazed how Dan ( & others ) is able to work so efficiently - For me, it takes time, specially the setting of lights - Need a ton of pointers on this front so for all in the know, please share.

Images were shot with cropped and FF Sensors DLSRs.

Thanks for viewing !

Jai

More images on the Valencia house.

As I did not stated before (sorry about that), the architect is Henry Rueda. Interiors were not done since in not finished yet.

For the next shooting session we are going to shoot at dawn and some interiors.

ACH