The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Client images - show your paid work!

fotografz

Everyone can add 1 like mention to every image in this thread … my damned like button never works … :cussing:

Double love to the Honda Vacuum ad … it represents the fulfillment of a wonderful concept … which was what my job was … making ideas.

Foodshooter, nice "cheese pull" … food stylists are often the make it or break it aspect aren't they? For years I did the advertising for Unilever's food division and know exactly how hard you have to work to get shots like that.

Come on, keep them coming … don't forget the story behind the shot(s) if possible.

BTW, where is Guy? Guy needs to post some stuff!

One other contribution I can make is in the area of weddings and portraits for pay … not as widely seen as national ads or spreads in architectural mags or websites, but in some ways clients that are just as hard to please as a commercial client … and in the case of the occasional "Bridezilla" much worse … pay-back for being a demanding art director can be a bitch :ROTFL:

I started wedding work doing "Decisive Moment" B&W stuff more as an opportunity to study the human condition than to make money. The following images are why I kept doing this work despite the stress … all candid shots depicting a lecherous stare, eavesdropping, a baby oblivious of the solemn event, and so on. More a study in social anthropology than your typical wedding photography.

Mostly done with a Leica M camera, but the last two of the bride in a greasy spoon diner were MFD (Leica S2) … so this place was crammed with little girls having a burger with mom or dad, and in walks "Cinderella" … ya can't make up stuff like that … precious.

-Marc

These were all screen grabs because I'm too lazy to hunt down the originals, so they may be a bit crispy, but you get the idea.

Been out for a while! Nice new thread Dan! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Most of my clients work can't be put online yet, but heres a few clients.

Nathan W. Lediard

Here is a typical end product using my pics... this for a local engineering company, final flyer not my work, but all shots are mine :) typical bread and butter work for me :)
Hasselblad H4D-40

Foodshooter, nice "cheese pull" … food stylists are often the make it or break it aspect aren't they? For years I did the advertising for Unilever's food division and know exactly how hard you have to work to get shots like that.

Come on, keep them coming … don't forget the story behind the shot(s) if possible.

Thanks, as you know it can be time consuming. Small world, I've done some Unilever as well, but not for a while.

I should have shared a bit of background. Shooting with my old school Valeo 22 on a Cambo Ultima/Speedotrons in a North Light bank typically with a Norman fresnel thrown in from time to time depending. Generally, 1-4 photographs in a day but again depending on the specifics and what the client's expectations are. And you're absolutely right, the food stylists are the real heros in my world. I work with a few from across the US again depending on the specifics (and also the budget). It's a changing industry. Where I was one of 4 'food photographers' 25 years ago, there are now hundreds locally. Instead of trying to compete with the 'dslr/plate near an open window with a fill card' kind of editorial images, I've pushed further into the strictly commercial world of advertising and packaging photography.
So far, so good.

D800 and several lenses.

ACH
may i ask which lenses you are using for your architectural work (i like it by the way)?
i'm shooting with a tech cam, but i'm looking for a good wide lens for my d800 to backup my system or do interior shots in low light. i don't like the 14-24mm very much, would rather have a fix focal lens like the zeiss distagon 15 or 21 - 15mm would be too wide by my taste. but the main problem is the distortion.
so i would like to hear from a nikon shooter which wide lenses are good to work with, and how much work has to be done to correct the distortion in post processing... :rolleyes:

very inspiring thread, thank you dan!

may i ask which lenses you are using for your architectural work (i like it by the way)?
i'm shooting with a tech cam, but i'm looking for a good wide lens for my d800 to backup my system or do interior shots in low light. i don't like the 14-24mm very much, would rather have a fix focal lens like the zeiss distagon 15 or 21 - 15mm would be too wide by my taste. but the main problem is the distortion.
so i would like to hear from a nikon shooter which wide lenses are good to work with, and how much work has to be done to correct the distortion in post processing... :rolleyes:

very inspiring thread, thank you dan!
Two years ago I was shooting with Canon equipment and 2 tilt shift lenses.

Optically very good and any architectural photographer's dream but not good enough files coming out of it. I had problems with shadows detail and noise.

I went Nikon when the D800 came out and I'm so happy file like with this camera.

When I got the Nikon I ask a friend architecture photographer who was using the Nikon 24TS to send me some file so I could get a feel of the end results. I didn't like what I saw so decided for the Nikon 14-24 Zoom. This lens, with the advantage of new software which corrects very well any distortion and smear, is doing my job quite well.

For an orthodox photographer provably not the right tool but if you know how to use photoshop and the new Camera Raw Filter to correct distortions you are more than done. The D800 has so much resolution that photoshop corrections are not noticeable.

Thanks

ACH

Dan I would like to see more of your fantastic work here, mostly your architecture work.

Sorry if I post too much. If I get boring please let me know.

These images are from the same architect Henry Rueda but a different house he designed along with Enrique Vera Architect.

ACH

Bildifokus

Hifi is a hobby of mine but it has also become a part of my business. I've manufactures, distributors and magazines as customer.

Nathan W. Lediard

Another industry shot.... I love doing this kind of work even though most would probably have a heart attack about using a Hasselblad in such a dusty, dirty and flying sparks kind of environment... (you should see my sensor after a couple of hours shooting) :O

H4D-40 HCD 28 f11 1/180s profoto gridded magnum

Alpa FPS
90HR
17mm Tilt Adapters(x2)

Alpa Max
90HR
17mm Tilt Adapter + 34mm Tilt Adapter

Alpa Max
90HR
17mm Tilt Adapters(x2)

Alpa FPS Double Expo
90HR & 50 HR
17mm Tilt Adapters (x2) + 34mm Tilt Adapters (maybe 2 for bottle exposure)

hogweed

this is what I do to feed the family:
All kind of museum stuff. here: roman glass (P25) and saber/sword (IQ160)

Hogweed

craigosh

Shot for a manufacturer of bespoke kitchens and fitted furniture. This was in a very nice renovated little manor house in Cheshire, England.

5Dmk2 using 24mm ts-e. Three of the images are 5 shot stitches, shifting the lens diagonally.