The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Client images - show your paid work!

danlindberg

Paid work only. Any camera. Any subject.

I realise quite a lot of images cannot be published due to copyright or client agreements, but surely collectively we have plenty that we can show!

Fashion, portraits, product, profile, architecture, cars and ofcourse a large number of more fields....

I'm truly interested in seeing assigned images that has been accepted by client and paid for. Professional work.

IMO it does not matter if the work was produced yesterday or yesteryear as long as you got assigned.
I'm definitely not interested to know how much you got paid, but if there was a specific brief then that could be interesting to read, however, you are free to publish the image/images without any complimentary text.

I have done mostly architectural, studio product shots and profiling images over the years.

I'll start with this....

Nathan W. Lediard

Fantastic image Dan!
Myself, I run a little studio in the northern end of the west coast of Norway, I do all kinds of stuff, but my main thing is people... portraits, commercial, lifestyle and industry. Just about all my images on the "fun with MF" thread are from paid jobs... (but not all) :)

Here are a few from a book I did all the pictures for, it sold well in Norway, the book is now being translated into swedish and Danish and will soon be on sale in the whole of Scandinavia! :) Book two has been commissioned by the publisher too :) Its a knitting design book by the way :)

All Hasselblad H4D :)

Last edited:

danlindberg

Excellent Nathan!! So difficult shooting kids at times but incredibly rewarding when the results are there. All three with so much character, but you just got to love the last one.....:thumbup:

Keep'm coming.

Nathan W. Lediard

Excellent Nathan!! So difficult shooting kids at times but incredibly rewarding when the results are there. All three with so much character, but you just got to love the last one.....:thumbup:

Keep'm coming.
Thanks Dan, 5 full days to get the pics for the book :) Kids are hard work, but you are correct, so rewarding :) That last one is probably my favorite from the book... I cant help thinking the caption should be " what?!! how rude!!!" :D

danlindberg

Yet another top shot Dan! How are you lighting these?
Ambient light as a principle. Rarely do I use any flash/flashes (I do have 6 Profoto heads) at all in my interiors. However, I do use reflectors and diffusors to guide the existing light.

In complicated lit rooms I do multiple exposures and guide the light in sections and afterwards I hand-blend the layers.

Note! I often burn highs in windows, but not everything, I still want atleast a hint of what's outside. I am also not afraid of not getting details in lows if I consider the image is lifted by higher contrast in places. What I rarely do is perfectly exposed outside - shooting from inside because usually that looks artificial (exceptions can by found ofcourse) in my view.

This is an overview of the livingroom above in native 4:3 format. As you see, the windows are blown in many places but still you get the closeness of the (olive)trees right outside. I usually whitebalance for daylight and do not take away interior warmer light completely but tweak it weaker. This particular one is a three shot image.

The normal timeframe I have for a 10 image shoot of a large villa is 2-2,5 hours on location and 4-5 hours postproduction.

danlindberg

Very nice indeed Aphoto!!

The first one I suppose you focus-stacked? I cannot see how you can get that dof from that position with tilt! (and stopping down ofcourse wouldn't be enough)

Egor

Nice work! Everyone!
I would be interested to know what you used for these shots.
Am considering getting a 28mm for DF to offer my arch clients MF in the future.
I know it's not a tech cam and all, but I just can't afford to go down that road just yet.
I currently use Canon and TSE lenses or just straight up 14mm. I will post some as soon as I dig them up.

Dan excellent post. I'm glad you took the initiative.
Recent house shoot in Valencia Venezuela. Great architect not because is my client, I just like his work very much.
D800 and several lenses.

ACH

Dan I like the European approach to interior photography. Less contrasty and more natural clean look. I'm myself after that look.
Is incredible that it only takes you 2 1/2 hours to do so.
I will post some interiors pretty soon, I would like to get the feedback of photographer around this great forum.
ACH

danlindberg

This goes a few years back. I was briefed in detail what was wanted and client was over the moon when presented with the result. One of the very very few times I got paid more than I asked. :p
The image was used in a campaign against bullying at large workplaces.

Nathan W. Lediard

Ambient light as a principle. Rarely do I use any flash/flashes (I do have 6 Profoto heads) at all in my interiors. However, I do use reflectors and diffusors to guide the existing light.

In complicated lit rooms I do multiple exposures and guide the light in sections and afterwards I hand-blend the layers.

Note! I often burn highs in windows, but not everything, I still want atleast a hint of what's outside. I am also not afraid of not getting details in lows if I consider the image is lifted by higher contrast in places. What I rarely do is perfectly exposed outside - shooting from inside because usually that looks artificial (exceptions can by found ofcourse) in my view.

This is an overview of the livingroom above in native 4:3 format. As you see, the windows are blown in many places but still you get the closeness of the (olive)trees right outside. I usually whitebalance for daylight and do not take away interior warmer light completely but tweak it weaker. This particular one is a three shot image.

The normal timeframe I have for a 10 image shoot of a large villa is 2-2,5 hours on location and 4-5 hours postproduction.
thanks for the info Dan! I was wondering if it was masterful use of flashes, über control of available :) Didnt take blending into account :) Any which way you do it, the results speak for themselves!

Aphoto

Very nice indeed Aphoto!!

The first one I suppose you focus-stacked? I cannot see how you can get that dof from that position with tilt! (and stopping down ofcourse wouldn't be enough)
Thank you very much.

I think focus stacking would have been a good idea, but in this case I only took a bracketing sequence (without tilt). Hardware: Canon TS-E 17mm at f/16 and a Canon 1DsMIII. To be honest, the foreground on the left is not perfectly sharp, but sharp enough for the targeted print size.