Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Client images - show your paid work!

Post Thanks / Like

Client images - show your paid work!

Paid work only. Any camera. Any subject.

I realise quite a lot of images cannot be published due to copyright or client agreements, but surely collectively we have plenty that we can show!

Fashion, portraits, product, profile, architecture, cars and ofcourse a large number of more fields....

I'm truly interested in seeing assigned images that has been accepted by client and paid for. Professional work.

IMO it does not matter if the work was produced yesterday or yesteryear as long as you got assigned.
    I'm definitely not interested to know how much you got paid, but if there was a specific brief then that could be interesting to read, however, you are free to publish the image/images without any complimentary text.

I have done mostly architectural, studio product shots and profiling images over the years.

I'll start with this....
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Senior Member Nathan W. Lediard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Client images - show your paid work!

Fantastic image Dan!
    Myself, I run a little studio in the northern end of the west coast of Norway, I do all kinds of stuff, but my main thing is people... portraits, commercial, lifestyle and industry. Just about all my images on the "fun with MF" thread are from paid jobs... (but not all)

Here are a few from a book I did all the pictures for, it sold well in Norway, the book is now being translated into swedish and Danish and will soon be on sale in the whole of Scandinavia! Book two has been commissioned by the publisher too Its a knitting design book by the way

All Hasselblad H4D

Last edited by Nathan W. Lediard; 21st February 2014 at 13:57.
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Nathan!! So difficult shooting kids at times but incredibly rewarding when the results are there. All three with so much character, but you just got to love the last one.....

Keep'm coming.
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here. an industry shot.. again for a book (but this time celebrating the company's 100th anniversary...)

Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Excellent Nathan!! So difficult shooting kids at times but incredibly rewarding when the results are there. All three with so much character, but you just got to love the last one.....

Keep'm coming.
    Thanks Dan, 5 full days to get the pics for the book Kids are hard work, but you are correct, so rewarding That last one is probably my favorite from the book... I cant help thinking the caption should be " what?!! how rude!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

My caption would be: Gotcha!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another top shot Dan! How are you lighting these?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Client images - show your paid work!

3 pictures, same client (architectural firm):

Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan W. Lediard View Post
    Yet another top shot Dan! How are you lighting these?
    Ambient light as a principle. Rarely do I use any flash/flashes (I do have 6 Profoto heads) at all in my interiors. However, I do use reflectors and diffusors to guide the existing light.

In complicated lit rooms I do multiple exposures and guide the light in sections and afterwards I hand-blend the layers.

Note! I often burn highs in windows, but not everything, I still want atleast a hint of what's outside. I am also not afraid of not getting details in lows if I consider the image is lifted by higher contrast in places. What I rarely do is perfectly exposed outside - shooting from inside because usually that looks artificial (exceptions can by found ofcourse) in my view.

This is an overview of the livingroom above in native 4:3 format. As you see, the windows are blown in many places but still you get the closeness of the (olive)trees right outside. I usually whitebalance for daylight and do not take away interior warmer light completely but tweak it weaker. This particular one is a three shot image.

The normal timeframe I have for a 10 image shoot of a large villa is 2-2,5 hours on location and 4-5 hours postproduction.

Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice indeed Aphoto!!

The first one I suppose you focus-stacked? I cannot see how you can get that dof from that position with tilt! (and stopping down ofcourse wouldn't be enough)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aphoto View Post
    3 pictures, same client (architectural firm):

Welcome to the forum! Great first post .
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Everyone!
    I would be interested to know what you used for these shots.
    Am considering getting a 28mm for DF to offer my arch clients MF in the future.
    I know it's not a tech cam and all, but I just can't afford to go down that road just yet.
    I currently use Canon and TSE lenses or just straight up 14mm. I will post some as soon as I dig them up.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.bildifokus.se
    Follow me on Facebook
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan excellent post. I'm glad you took the initiative.
    Recent house shoot in Valencia Venezuela. Great architect not because is my client, I just like his work very much.
    D800 and several lenses.

ACH
    www.achdigital.com
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan I like the European approach to interior photography. Less contrasty and more natural clean look. I'm myself after that look.
    Is incredible that it only takes you 2 1/2 hours to do so.
    I will post some interiors pretty soon, I would like to get the feedback of photographer around this great forum.
    ACH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Chagin View Post
    Dan excellent post. I'm glad you took the initiative.
    Thank you!

Wasn't aware there was such a thing as a european look to architectural photography!!

Post Thanks / Like

This goes a few years back. I was briefed in detail what was wanted and client was over the moon when presented with the result. One of the very very few times I got paid more than I asked.
    The image was used in a campaign against bullying at large workplaces.
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ambient light as a principle. Rarely do I use any flash/flashes (I do have 6 Profoto heads) at all in my interiors. However, I do use reflectors and diffusors to guide the existing light.

In complicated lit rooms I do multiple exposures and guide the light in sections and afterwards I hand-blend the layers.

Note! I often burn highs in windows, but not everything, I still want atleast a hint of what's outside. I am also not afraid of not getting details in lows if I consider the image is lifted by higher contrast in places. What I rarely do is perfectly exposed outside - shooting from inside because usually that looks artificial (exceptions can by found ofcourse) in my view.

This is an overview of the livingroom above in native 4:3 format. As you see, the windows are blown in many places but still you get the closeness of the (olive)trees right outside. I usually whitebalance for daylight and do not take away interior warmer light completely but tweak it weaker. This particular one is a three shot image.

The normal timeframe I have for a 10 image shoot of a large villa is 2-2,5 hours on location and 4-5 hours postproduction.
    thanks for the info Dan! I was wondering if it was masterful use of flashes, όber control of available Didnt take blending into account Any which way you do it, the results speak for themselves!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice indeed Aphoto!!

The first one I suppose you focus-stacked? I cannot see how you can get that dof from that position with tilt! (and stopping down ofcourse wouldn't be enough)
    Thank you very much.

I think focus stacking would have been a good idea, but in this case I only took a bracketing sequence (without tilt). Hardware: Canon TS-E 17mm at f/16 and a Canon 1DsMIII. To be honest, the foreground on the left is not perfectly sharp, but sharp enough for the targeted print size.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan I like the European approach to interior photography. Less contrasty and more natural clean look. I'm myself after that look.
    ACH
    That is exactly what I thought several times in the last months. You can really spot a difference when you compare pictures from photographers in North America to European ones.

The European "style" is cleaner, less colorful, and often somewhat brighter. Pictures from photographers in the Us and Canada seem to be more saturated, rich in contrast and more down-to-earth in a good way. At least, that's what I can see in the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

http://www.grzegorzpedzich.com/
    Likes 26 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what I thought several times in the last months. You can really spot a difference when you compare pictures from photographers in North America to European ones.

The European "style" is cleaner, less colorful, and often somewhat brighter. Pictures from photographers in the Us and Canada seem to be more saturated, rich in contrast and more down-to-earth in a good way. At least, that's what I can see in the forums.
    Exactly that. This comment I wrote is well generalized, and is a question of different styles, none is better than the other but I'm more attracted to the cleaner, brighter look.
    Opposite to this I think British photographer are in the more saturated contrasty look. Still I'm generalizing.
    ACH

Post Thanks / Like

Grzegorz, those are good still live samples. Very difficult too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello :

As this is posted under MF part of the forum wish to confirm if images captured from all Camera Formats are permitted, i.e. even dslr's ?

If yes, I may share an image or two

Jai
    Last edited by jvora; 22nd February 2014 at 19:35.
    Jai Vora • jaivora.com • +91 982-136-0044

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan W. Lediard View Post
    thanks for the info Dan! I was wondering if it was masterful use of flashes, όber control of available
    Nope, no mastery of flash use! I have shot thousands of mostly tabletop productshots - but I'm the first to admit that I have used basic setups...

I think focus stacking would have been a good idea, but in this case I only took a bracketing sequence (without tilt).
    Interesting. I could not imagine that kind of dof from that position.

Grzegorz, those are good still live samples. Very difficult too.
    +1
    Really nice ones!

Quote Originally Posted by jvora View Post
    Hello :

As this is posted under MF part of the forum wish to confirm if images captured from all Camera Formats are permitted, i.e. even dslr's ?
    I do not know if it is against the forum rules - but from my point of view this thread is all about results of client assigned photography that was accepted and paid for. Simply put - professional work. (thus, I personally do not mind what format sensor in this case)

Post Thanks / Like

I've been photographing Still Live and Architecture for quite a long time but interior residential photography I still find it to be the hardest for me. How to compose and not distort furniture and get the essence of the designer and the place.
    Work for Ignacio "Nacho" Ferreira Architecture and Interiors.

This one I think I succeeded.

These one not sure..

ACH
    Last edited by Antonio Chagin; 23rd February 2014 at 13:46.
    www.achdigital.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Best idea for a post in a LOOOOOOOG time.

Wonderful work everyone! Seriously, world class!

It would be nice if some of you would elaborate on the mission that the photos were made for.

My background is more that of the client than the photographer. My career was in Art Direction for ad agencies … eventually culminating in an Executive Creative Director position.

It was folks like you that infected me with a love of photography … so more than most, I know what you have to go through to do work at the level displayed here … after all, I'm one of the pricks that makes it harder than it has to be

In my own meager way, I have done some commercial work for various clients over the years … mostly to have fun, develop some visual ideas, or explore some alternative creative avenues for clients … oh, and pay for all the expensive toys.

Making a full time living at it, like many here, is a daunting prospect, and my hat is off to those who not only manage, but prosper. (Besides, Executive Creative Director pay was too hard to give up )

My photo trek has been eclectic … Consumer/Retail, Business-to-Business/industrial, table-top … all the way to Portraits and Weddings. Rest assured, I never did a commercial photo job myself, if I had the budget to hire a full time pro that specialized in what I needed … which I did 95% of the time.

Here is one example. A TV producer friend started a company with her husband based on their western style horse-riding hobby. Muddy Creek was launched with an innovative take on the traditional rain slicker … one that had an extended back that would cover the saddle.

They asked me to produce the photography for all their materials, from website, to print, to large trade-show booth images. They didn't just want product shots, but also wanted images that captured the atmospheric idealism riders experience … you would be shocked how big this sub-culture really is. 4AM call, out to the location to get golden hour.

Mostly used a Hasselblad H3D/31 for these shots and some with the H3D/39 … I tried the HC300/4.5 but couldn't focus fast enough on the moving subjects. I resorted to the HC150/3.2 with the 1.7X which did the job. Also used the HC100/2.2 and HC50/3.5

Just click on the first image to enlarge

-Marc
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here's some consumer stuff for Ads and Point-of-Purchase. All of them using strobes and medium format digital except the B&W ad.

The three highly stylized graphic images were for a Bank client that was using stock : I told them I would do custom shots for the same price if they paid the talent fees … mostly because I couldn't stand using another generic family shot in their advertising . They agreed.

These three were for loans: … car loan "Need New Wheels?" , home improvement loan: "Need a second Bathroom?", home addition:, "Need an In-Law Suite?". They were so successful that I ended up doing 20 of them … and was able to negotiate a better fee for me

The other images were for a high end jeweler, a toni hair salon and a career training in cooking.

The wheels were for a GM collateral agency to use for catalog and POP. Chrome is fun in my little studio

-Marc
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For a local company that design and produce their own clothes for women.
    Local fashion..
    I mostly just do landscape for my own pleasure, but I must admit I am a sucker for the chaotic creative process involving fashion.
    And, if it not chaotic, I am not interested

Ray

Mamiya AFDlll, 150mm AF, P45+, Ranger Quadra + a Chinese copy of the deep Octa

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    … after all, I'm one of the pricks that makes it harder than it has to be
    -Marc
    I think I worked for you on this shoot.....but you were under a different name...
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one of my latest. Very low budget but still good profit margin due to very low overhead and doing as much of the work myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, low budget (ad is for a small market) but I only made the image of the Minivan. The image of the cereal and the retouching was done somewhere else.

Used the RM3Di w/ The Rodenstock 40mm HR Lens and PhaseOne IQ160 back. Used mostly Arri Tungsten Fresnels.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I worked for you on this shoot.....but you were under a different name...
    Dan, Fantastic shot. Beautiful modern kitchen.
    ACH

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Is incredible that it only takes you 2 1/2 hours to do so.
    I will post some interiors pretty soon, I would like to get the feedback of photographer around this great forum.
    ACH
    What I find disturbing is that I want to buy a new brightly lit modern house after seeing these superb architectural images

I think that not only does it describe the photographic style but also taste in beer ... After having moved to the US some 18 years ago I've never got used to the over the top colour and saturation in many things, including photography (and micro brews)
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All :

As already mentioned by many, this Post IS a great idea - Thanks to Dan !!

As Marc requests, here's a brief background on these assignments :

Most Hotel/Resort have Photo Brand Standards that have to be adhered to the "T" - In some ways, it makes for a relatively straight forward assignment, but it does diminish creativity to a fair extent. Not being critical, just sharing how some of these types of assignments work.

I am absolutely amazed how Dan ( & others ) is able to work so efficiently - For me, it takes time, specially the setting of lights - Need a ton of pointers on this front so for all in the know, please share.

Images were shot with cropped and FF Sensors DLSRs.

Thanks for viewing !

Jai

Jai Vora • jaivora.com • +91 982-136-0044
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

More images on the Valencia house.

As I did not stated before (sorry about that), the architect is Henry Rueda. Interiors were not done since in not finished yet.

For the next shooting session we are going to shoot at dawn and some interiors.

ACH
    www.achdigital.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fun idea for a thread Hope this isn't too many.

Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to post an image but now I'm too hungry.

Dave
    How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

davechewphotography.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Foodshooter, the last pizza shot and the cinnamon roll are my favorites.

ACH
    www.achdigital.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Everyone can add 1 like mention to every image in this thread … my damned like button never works …

Double love to the Honda Vacuum ad … it represents the fulfillment of a wonderful concept … which was what my job was … making ideas.

Foodshooter, nice "cheese pull" … food stylists are often the make it or break it aspect aren't they? For years I did the advertising for Unilever's food division and know exactly how hard you have to work to get shots like that.

Come on, keep them coming … don't forget the story behind the shot(s) if possible.

BTW, where is Guy? Guy needs to post some stuff!

One other contribution I can make is in the area of weddings and portraits for pay … not as widely seen as national ads or spreads in architectural mags or websites, but in some ways clients that are just as hard to please as a commercial client … and in the case of the occasional "Bridezilla" much worse … pay-back for being a demanding art director can be a bitch

I started wedding work doing "Decisive Moment" B&W stuff more as an opportunity to study the human condition than to make money. The following images are why I kept doing this work despite the stress … all candid shots depicting a lecherous stare, eavesdropping, a baby oblivious of the solemn event, and so on. More a study in social anthropology than your typical wedding photography.

Mostly done with a Leica M camera, but the last two of the bride in a greasy spoon diner were MFD (Leica S2) … so this place was crammed with little girls having a burger with mom or dad, and in walks "Cinderella" … ya can't make up stuff like that … precious.

-Marc

These were all screen grabs because I'm too lazy to hunt down the originals, so they may be a bit crispy, but you get the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Been out for a while! Nice new thread Dan! Hope everyone is doing well

Most of my clients work can't be put online yet, but heres a few clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a typical end product using my pics... this for a local engineering company, final flyer not my work, but all shots are mine typical bread and butter work for me
    Hasselblad H4D-40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post

Foodshooter, nice "cheese pull" … food stylists are often the make it or break it aspect aren't they? For years I did the advertising for Unilever's food division and know exactly how hard you have to work to get shots like that.

Come on, keep them coming … don't forget the story behind the shot(s) if possible.

Thanks, as you know it can be time consuming. Small world, I've done some Unilever as well, but not for a while.

I should have shared a bit of background. Shooting with my old school Valeo 22 on a Cambo Ultima/Speedotrons in a North Light bank typically with a Norman fresnel thrown in from time to time depending. Generally, 1-4 photographs in a day but again depending on the specifics and what the client's expectations are. And you're absolutely right, the food stylists are the real heros in my world. I work with a few from across the US again depending on the specifics (and also the budget). It's a changing industry. Where I was one of 4 'food photographers' 25 years ago, there are now hundreds locally. Instead of trying to compete with the 'dslr/plate near an open window with a fill card' kind of editorial images, I've pushed further into the strictly commercial world of advertising and packaging photography.
    So far, so good.

Post Thanks / Like

An executive portrait I did.
    Credo 40.

Post Thanks / Like

And for anyone that might find this interesting, we still shoot to layouts provided (we use them as an overlay in live-view).

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

From a shoot yesterday for a mechanical engineering firm..

H4D-40 HCD28 profoto lighting (along with the welders arc )

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

D800 and several lenses.

ACH
    may i ask which lenses you are using for your architectural work (i like it by the way)?
    i'm shooting with a tech cam, but i'm looking for a good wide lens for my d800 to backup my system or do interior shots in low light. i don't like the 14-24mm very much, would rather have a fix focal lens like the zeiss distagon 15 or 21 - 15mm would be too wide by my taste. but the main problem is the distortion.
    so i would like to hear from a nikon shooter which wide lenses are good to work with, and how much work has to be done to correct the distortion in post processing...

very inspiring thread, thank you dan!
    www.thomasebruster.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photomgraphy View Post
    may i ask which lenses you are using for your architectural work (i like it by the way)?
    i'm shooting with a tech cam, but i'm looking for a good wide lens for my d800 to backup my system or do interior shots in low light. i don't like the 14-24mm very much, would rather have a fix focal lens like the zeiss distagon 15 or 21 - 15mm would be too wide by my taste. but the main problem is the distortion.
    so i would like to hear from a nikon shooter which wide lenses are good to work with, and how much work has to be done to correct the distortion in post processing...

very inspiring thread, thank you dan!
    Two years ago I was shooting with Canon equipment and 2 tilt shift lenses.

Optically very good and any architectural photographer's dream but not good enough files coming out of it. I had problems with shadows detail and noise.

I went Nikon when the D800 came out and I'm so happy file like with this camera.

When I got the Nikon I ask a friend architecture photographer who was using the Nikon 24TS to send me some file so I could get a feel of the end results. I didn't like what I saw so decided for the Nikon 14-24 Zoom. This lens, with the advantage of new software which corrects very well any distortion and smear, is doing my job quite well.

For an orthodox photographer provably not the right tool but if you know how to use photoshop and the new Camera Raw Filter to correct distortions you are more than done. The D800 has so much resolution that photoshop corrections are not noticeable.

Thanks

ACH

Post Thanks / Like

Dan I would like to see more of your fantastic work here, mostly your architecture work.

Sorry if I post too much. If I get boring please let me know.

These images are from the same architect Henry Rueda but a different house he designed along with Enrique Vera Architect.

ACH
    www.achdigital.com