Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    The SP3 looks tempting....

My only wish is that there was a second USB on the SP2 however when I stop and think about that I remember I've never needed it since I'm really not using it as a major laptop replacement.

fyi - there IS a second USB on the Surface Pro - it's located on the transformer brick, and easy to miss. No use in the field, but useful at home or location with power, should you need to attach a backup drive or whatever. (plus there are always USB hubs!)

I like the idea of the SP3 being introduced simply because that mean (I hope) the cost of the SP2 will be lowered.
    Not yet. And... you have already bought yours?!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear - I know about the brick USB was thinking more on the lines on the SP2 itself. I've been using the SP2 for several months now and on at least two shoots with another next month in Jackson Hole. My thought on the lower prices was for those like me who only want to tether and some other limited use and still on the fence on getting one.

I guess in the end if you want a new laptop replacement the SP3 should work; on the other hand if all you need is a tethering tool then the SP2 fits that bill. Again that's just my opinion and you know what they say......
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Narikin wins the gear slut SP3 award. Damn, I didn't see that coming as my money was on Don or Graham.

A second USB3 port would be a welcome addition on a future SP version, as would the use of a larger SD card slot rather than the miniscule micro SD which I can barely get a handle on. Slightly larger screen is welcome for old eyes---without taking a hit on weight. Nice job Microsoft!

I'll sit and wait for a bit as my SP2 kit is still pretty new to me. I'd need to work up a new accessory tethering kit to make sure all works/plays well together.

At least the used market for SP2 will be good for those who want to upgrade from their SP1.

Who would have thought that Microsoft (Surface Pro's) would be such a great partner for Phase IQ and Leaf Credo MFDBs?

ken

p.s. Narikin, don't forget to update us on your new SP3 and any new accessories!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I thought the brick USB port was only for charging a device like an iPhone. I don't see how it could pass data since the only cable is the power cable to the mag port. I have charged a few items but never tried a hard drive as I dint see a data connection.

Paul

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, that's for charging only.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a Firewire to USB 3.0 or Firewire to Minidisplay port adapter? I'd like to try to tether the older fire wire digital backs to the surface pro 2/3

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

There is no such thing as a firewire/USB adaptor. Or for that matter any type of adaptor as it's a totally different set of technology.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

There are hundreds of firewire to USB adapters available for sale on eBay.
    I'm quite sure they do not work for tethering a digital back, but since so many of them exist, they must be good for something.
    It would be strange if they sold an adapter that has no actual applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

FireWire to USB2 yes I have seen those. I have not seen any FireWire to USB3. USB3 is about 2.5 times faster than FireWire 800. FireWire 800 is about 2x faster than FireWire 400 or USB2.

My point is that you really need FireWire 800 at a minimum to tether at least to a device like a S Pro 2. Anything less and the transfer speeds will take too long.

If you can get a FireWire 800 to USB3 connector you will still be governed by the slower speed FireWire 800.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I have seen/read has pointed out that USB 3 and Firewire are different protocols. Simply being able to connect (or shove) two pieces of wire together isn't going to make it work or convert the signal needed by the devices, those being most importantly, allowing older FW enabled backs to tether via USB3 on a Surface Pro.

Assuming it could be done, when you start having to add different parts and pieces in the tethering pipeline to make it all work, it really starts to weaken the tethering chain, and increases the chances of something going wrong (at the worst time). It's already a concern to add the right FW cable and power booster with certain laptop configurations. If you have to add all these bits and pieces, it sort of defeats the simplistic approach of tethering with the Surface Pro. At that point, I'd just say, eh, have you tried a laptop with FW and a Nine-Volt plate?

If someone can figure out (or find) a truly small and simple way to make older FW enabled legacy MFDBs tether to a Surface Pro, let us know. It would really breath some new life and power into older MFDBs without large IQ/Credo screens. I just don't think it's possible.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked into that, and some users report having success connecting certain video cameras with these adapters. There are many different things that can go over firewire, and I'm quite sure it is not possible to tether a digital back over a USB-FW adapter, but it seems like for certain programs and certain adapters made for those programs, this conversion is possible.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There are *zero* ways to get a FW-only digital back to connect to a USB-only computer for the purpose of tethering. It comes up every once in a while and someone mistakes the USB:FW plug adapters you can find on eBay for the start of such a solution. I'll spare the forum a repeat of the full explanation, but trust me when I say you should not bother continuing to look. It's absolutely not possible.

(I'm not saying it wouldn't be neat, or that it's not a noble goal. Only that it's not possible.)
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What is the system overhead including Win 8 with SP2. For example with 256GB storage model, assuming no other software is installed other than what came with the tablet, how much is storage space is available for C1 v7 and image files?

Also, Ken and others... Thanks for developing and sharing this idea. Great solution for in-field tech camera work.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just a couple more things I have leaerned:

I now have 2 external batteries to help extend the life. The MikeGyver ver brand 26000 Millamp and my old Hyperjuice battery I had purchased to use with a Macbook air. The MikeGyver DC plug fits both batteries, and the Hyperjuice is 2x less weight/charge so it's nice to take in a pack.

Turn your wifi off in the field, as the Pro will continue to keep searching, and that does take some battery.

If you have a AnitVirus installed, I do, turn it off as again, it will take some cycles from the processor.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sc_john View Post
    What is the system overhead including Win 8 with SP2. For example with 256GB storage model, assuming no other software is installed other than what came with the tablet, how much is storage space is available for C1 v7 and image files?

Also, Ken and others... Thanks for developing and sharing this idea. Great solution for in-field tech camera work.

John
    About 30 Percent on my machine. This is in balanced mode. This will spike during the transfer, to over 70%, but drops right back.

Right now in Arkansas, with 100% humidity, pretty much no matter when I run the Pro2, I will kick on the fan pretty fast, so now I am only using to setup the shot, then turn off Pro and using the card. Makes for a broken up shoot, but the fan really sucks the juice, and the unit will over heat. You will get a quick message to turn off.

Can't be beaten for tech camera shot setup IMO.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Paul,

Thanks. I am currently working with MBA 11" for tethered shooting via USB3. Need to think a bit more if change to SP2 (or 3) is worth it; trying to get as much info as I can. Thanks again.

John

Post Thanks / Like

John,

On a SP2 with 512 GB storage, I have about 435GB available. I don't have many other programs other than C1 Pro 7 DB, Photographers Ephemeris, and Malwarebytes. I have not "cleaned" the SP2 of the other surplusage programs, which would free up more space probably. I also have a 64GB Micro sd card as backup in the slot if I need more space; you can use up to 128GB card at the moment for even more space.

SP2 works great for me now, though the SP3 is tempting with its slightly larger screen. But it is the tablet form factor that makes tethering with the Surface Pro such a great option over laptops.

You really don't need "all the accessories" with the SP2---I leave mine off when tethering. Arkon clamp runs about $50 and a USB3 1.5 foot cord is about $8. The Surface Pro is the best upgrade and a helluva lot less expensive than an upgrade to the IQ2 with its very limited WiFi to Ipad capability. Surface Pro tethered option beats IQ2 WiFi hands-down, imho.

ken

p.s. USB3 thumbdrives make it easy to transfer session folders (raws) to your main workstation for processing, and also can serve as temporary storage if needed to free up space on your SP hard drive. I've seen relatively inexpensive USB thumbdrives with 256GB capacity, not quite Sandisk performance, but still pretty fast.
    Last edited by kdphotography; 3rd June 2014 at 21:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    John,

On a SP2 with 512 GB storage, I have about 435GB available. I don't have many other programs other than C1 Pro 7 DB, Photographers Ephemeris, and Malwarebytes. I have not "cleaned" the SP2 of the other surplusage programs, which would free up more space probably. I also have a 64GB Micro sd card as backup in the slot if I need more space; you can use up to 128GB card at the moment for even more space.

SP2 works great for me now, though the SP3 is tempting with its slightly larger screen. But it is the tablet form factor that makes tethering with the Surface Pro such a great option over laptops.

You really don't need "all the accessories" with the SP2---I leave mine off when tethering. Arkon clamp runs about $50 and a USB3 1.5 foot cord is about $8. The Surface Pro is the best upgrade and a helluva lot less expensive than an upgrade to the IQ2 with its very limited WiFi to Ipad capability. Surface Pro tethered option beats IQ2 WiFi hands-down, imho.

ken
    Hi Ken

I took your advice, got the stuff and will try this weekend. I am excited to try it out.

This is really great you did this is such detail.

I want to thank all who contributed to this thread.

My Mac Air will see service with the P45+ -

Thanks again

Phil
    Off Topic, I know you are a great printer, and I have just tried printing on rice paper. (Usually I use Luster and Hot Press Bright sometimes Velvet with Image Print 4900) It is really nice - soft and a different look , is only 90 grams so I am experimenting with ink flow percentage think about 80 - 85% will be the answer. .
    Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

John,

ken

p.s. USB3 thumbdrives make it easy to transfer session folders (raws) to your main workstation for processing, and also can serve as temporary storage if needed to free up space on your SP hard drive. I've seen relatively inexpensive USB thumbdrives with 256GB capacity, not quite Sandisk performance, but still pretty fast.
    Ken,

Thanks for your response and all of your work on this great approach to tethering. I am using many of your suggestions… USB3 tether, C1-7, thumb drive for transfer to main computer. Only thing I am still trying to decide is cost benefit of MBA 11' vs Surface Pro tablet, since I already have MBA 11' w/ 8GB memory and 256GB SSD. I guess next step will be to visit Best Buy or other retailer to check screens side-by-side.

I find the most convenient way to handle MBA is to place it in a "stone bag" attached to tripod. (Vanguard SB-100 Stone Bag SB-100 B&H Photo Video) When setting-up shot, I open laptop, turn my back to sun to shade screen and check focus, composition. Much easier to work with than Capture Pilot, which until the recent release of V1.6 wouldn't even work with my iPad Mini-Retina.

Thanks again for this thread!

John

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that the touchscreen capability really makes the Surface Pro tethering option feel more like a natural extension of the IQ MFDB screen. It makes it really intuitive and easy to use.

If you're down in my area of the CA central coast, you're free to visit, compare and try the Surface Pro alongside your MBA.

ken

Post Thanks / Like

Ken,

Thanks for the additional info and offer to visit and compare SP screen vs MBA. I am in Charleston SC, so I probably won't be on Central CA coast any time soon.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I forgot to mention that the touchscreen capability really makes the Surface Pro tethering option feel more like a natural extension of the IQ MFDB screen. It makes it really intuitive and easy to use.

If you're down in my area of the CA central coast, you're free to visit, compare and try the Surface Pro alongside your MBA.

ken
    I tried the SP 3 today. The screen is beautiful, and makes the device more usable, but it's tricky as it gets a bit large for the kind of solution described here. It's going to look a bit large hanging on the tripod.

I also asked the Microsoft guy if they were phasing out the SP2. He says No, but I don't think he really knew. If they are phased out, the SP2 might be the only surface device that really fits the bill for this application.

I use the SP2 as my travel computer now, so it's advantageous to have the slightly larger screen. It definitely feels like what MS envisions these days, a Laptop/Tablet device. It's quite a bit thinner, so will feel more like a tablet than the SP2 does.

Anyone going to try? They arrive June 20th. PreOrder probably a must.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are at least a couple here that have pre-ordered the SP3. I'll wait a bit as my SP2 is still pretty new. The biggest attraction for me is the slightly larger screen as that is more relief for tired old middle-aged eyes. Lighter weight is a plus too, as long as the SP3 can lay flat/pack well inside the backpack. I don't know if a jump to the Core i7 chip will make much difference over the Core i5 for initial image rendering for viewing in C1 Pro 7 DB. I don't use the Surface Pro for processing raws. More RAM is always welcome as that does help with faster initial image rendering when tethered.

My only concern is making sure the SP3 can still fit the Arkon clamp. I'm told that it should. If not, and a larger clamp is needed, it will add to overall weight and limit portability of the system more. Right now with the SP2, the total weight with clamp is about three pounds total. With SP3 and the same Arkon clamp overall weight should be lighter yet.

Better screen and lighter weight. What's not to like?

ken

p.s. What if----Phase One could swap out the FW port on P+ series MFDBs, and slip in a USB3 card and port for a fee? That would be a worthwhile upgrade from Denmark and certainly breath new life and excitement into MFDBs with small screens.
    Last edited by kdphotography; 7th June 2014 at 10:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The p65 with USB3 would be a great entry level back but I don't think Phase will ever do that.

I preordered a 3 but stayed with i5 since I have yet to see any version of the i7 that runs cool and doesn't need a lot of fan.

My pro 2 now kicks in the fan pretty soon outdoors since we are now into our regular heat/humidity levels. Seems to need it even in the shade. So now I just use it for step up of the shot and then a few test shots. Then I go back to the card.

Post Thanks / Like

I have posted some Surface Pro 3 impressions on a new thread, for those interested.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

bump, for Son

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    bump, for Son
    Thank You John! You never know until you need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken asked me to show my solution for connecting the Surface to the tripod. All my tripods have leveling bases on top. I use a 19740 Tablet PC holder - blackEAN: 401684282457 from König & Meyer ( via Amazon), screw it to a RRS B76E plate and fix it to a RRS CRD-Rail that goes into the clamp of the leveling base. My ball heads and the Cube have RRS TH-DVTL-55 Dovetail plates on bottom so I can change them in a moment. If I don't need the Surface, I simply take out that CRD-Rail part and fix the Cube to the leveling base. Hope it helps.

Wolfgang
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Excellent setup - see Ken, I can be humbled by somebody else's Alpa - that XY & FPS combo is awesome.

I hate the tripod leg mount so normally don't bother. The mount on the tripod base though looks very useful. Parts ordered ...
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I like this concept a lot as it looks like it'll be a slightly smaller footprint yet more stable than the leg setup.

I too have quick release plate on both the Cube and ballhead and on all my tripods. Looking at the setup it looks like CRD rail will sit inbetween the tripod and the Cube. I searched for a B76E and found a B76 instead which should be the same plate. An additional FAS clamp will be needed on the CRD rail to mount the Cube.

Have everything stored in the RRS wishlist for now.

Good work! (I also have the PC holder stored in Amazon)

Let me know what you think Graham when you get this....
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

I think Wolfgang's set up looks to be more stable and a smaller packing footprint. Weight is probably negligible.

I'm wondering if I can use my RRS nodal slide rail (MPR-CL II) and maybe with added RRS clamps/parts instead of having to buy the CRD rail. My thought is to make the MPR-CL II do double duty and pack less in the pack. One rail with two possible functions instead of packing two rails. Need the FAS clamp and B76 though....

CI in Lake Tahoe, Graham. I wanna see your new set up---that includes your new 500+hp camera bag.

ken

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, if I get around to it in time I should have this when we meet in Tahoe next month, just too good to pass up. Looks like a great/sturdy setup.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Snooping out RRS site now. And Amazon. I think this clamp is heavier. No free lunch. Still like the profile as it appears easier to tuck into the bag...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As Yoda said, there is no snoop, there is just buy. Hold on, no, that was Don

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    As Yoda said, there is no snoop, there is just buy. Hold on, no, that was Don
    For pointing that out Graham thank you. Often confused with one another we are. Yes, hmmm.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i heard the tahoe gig was put off till april...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    i heard the tahoe gig was put off till april...
    Correct. The dates of the non-workshop workshop is April 17th. Ken & I are meeting there in a couple weeks to scout out locations and lineup bail bondsmen.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

The K&M tablet arrived this afternoon. The short story is the SP3 fits. I like the compactness and weight. The rest from RRS arrives Wed. I'll admit to being worried about the fit of the SP3. More later...
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just a heads up that the tablet gimbel base requires a 3/8" bolt, not the 1/4" bolt that comes with the RRS B76 plate.

It looks like you have a couple of options - either use a tripod bushing or alternatively the MPR-73 with 3/8" bolt. I didn't have a spare bushing sitting around to test the fit but it looks standard enough. The MPR-73 3/8" works just fine.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

When Ken and I first began looking at tethering a SP the weakest link was the tablet holder that attached to the legs of the tripod. The first time I used the setup was at Valley of Fire State Park after hiking out to Fire Wave. Everything set up as it had on the patio however I felt the SP attachment felt very flimsy to the point I broke it down just to move it several yards.

Then Wolfgang shared his solution to which I give many thanks. This is a solution where I bang my head against the wall and ask why didn't I think of that...

I upgraded the SP2 to the larger SP3 and while it still fit the "old" system it was just as if not more flimsy as before with the SP2. I have also began carrying the SP3 in a UAG protective shell which had to be removed to tether. Not any more, again thanks to Wolfgang (lets see how many time I can thank him ).

Using the list supplied by Wolfgang (again, thanks for sharing) I went first to Amazon and ordered the K&M 19740 holder. That arrived first and I immediately tested it with my SP3 with the UAG case on. It fits perfectly. I then ordered the RRS parts, FAS sliding clamp, CRD-rail, and a spare B-76 plate which arrived while I was out of town.

I'm providing 2-sample images, one-mounted on my regular tripod and the other, mounted on my RRS ground pod. I have QR on all my tripods, ground, and Kirk window/ground pod. I can very easily remove either my Cube or RRS BH-40 and swap in-between them. Previously, I could only tether using my tripod however thanks to Wolfgang I can now tether to anything I set my camera on!

Graham is totally correct in that you need a bushing reducer which I had several (Graham, want me to send you one?)

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Don, thank you for your kind words, I am happy to give an input to people who gave my a lot of photographic help by reading the forum and I can give every thanks back.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Wolf(gang) clamp. I've updated my blog on Tethering with the Surface Pro equipment list to reflect this option.

I don't necessarily think the precision of RRS is needed here and think that a lesser rail with end clamp from Sunwayfoto would work fine. But there isn't a substitute for the Wolf clamp. I'll be experimenting if I can use a RRS MPR-CL II nodal rail since I already have one. The Wolf clamp definitely packs nicer than the Arkon.

ken

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

looks like a maze of quick clamp levers

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

There's three QR clamps, one on the tripod, one on the rail and one on the Cube.

I forgot to add that I put a little Loctite before fastening the smaller plate to the tablet holder. I'll also be adding a drop to the reducer as well. Yeah, I'm a belt and suspenders type guy.

I also changed the configuration slightly by flipping the bar upside down from what it looks like in the photos thus raising the SP ever so slightly. I've also experimented with the general placement of the rail in relationship to the tripod head and the Cube and moved it back to the rear as shown.

So, with this we have a Doo tethering system which is stabilized by a Wolf clamping system. I will of course have his with me in Tahoe this April.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Don,

Thanks for sharing.

I had a couple of questions.

You wrote:

"I have also began carrying the SP3 in a UAG protective shell which had to be removed to tether. Not any more, again thanks to Wolfgang"

I was trying to figure out what changed so that you did not have to remove the UAG case to tether with Wolfgang's setup? I have been looking at the UAG case and it seems like a good solution for the 3. I assume from the pics, you set your Sur3 upside down to have the USB3 port on the left? i.e built in camera is at the bottom.

Do you feel this solution add's any more weight? or overall are the about the same. No doubt this is more sturdy.

Thanks
    Paul

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paul

The UAG does add weight. However the advantages of extra protection is well worth it. Using the older method of tethering, I had to remove the UAG as it was a tad too bulky to fit properly however with the new K&M holder I don't.

You are correct, I reversed the SP3 to place the USB closer as I'm using a short cable.

Weight wise, I'm really not certain how much additional weight is added. Of course adding the 3-RRS components will add (packing) weight but here again I feel having better stability is worth whatever extra weight there is. I'll weigh both systems if I get a chance and report back.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Don,

Thanks, I agree the added weight gain is probably worth it as it allows perfect placement of the Sur3.

I should have thought of rotating the Sur3, never thought of that. The Surface doesn't care. I had missed having the USB on the left.

Now it's off to RRS. I had a few parts I can use but need the rail.

BTW does anyone know of a USB3 cable A to B, that has a 90 degree on the part that would go into the Surface3?

Thanks
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Paul,

Don and I both have the 90 degree A-B USB3 cables for tethering with the SP. I know that these were custom made and were expensive at the time. I wouldn't have done it on my own! They are probably of higher quality than the cheap USB3 cables ala Amazon.

There are 90 degree angle adapters, but I would not use those---at least the ones I tried either did not work, or only worked at USB2 speeds.

But I also think that things have changed a bit since acquiring the USB angle adapter awhile back. Take a look: USB 3.0

This is the company that did the original short USB3 prototypes that Don and I have. It looks like they now offer the angled USB3 A to B in a variety of sizes now. The one I have is 18 inches. They sell a 20 inch cable. They have a bunch of them: double left, double right, up-down. I need more coffee before I can figure out which is the right one to get! I *think* you need a double-left.

I know the prices list are a LOT less then the custom made cables... I can handle fifteen bucks!

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ken, thank a million, just what I wanted.

This is the one I am going to order, I assume that the 90 and the A (part going to Phase One back) will still fit, even with the 90?

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I *think* that will work. The cable I have is only left angle on the SP side and still a straight plug into the MFDB. I've had my coffee already and am still dizzy trying to turn the images of the plugs every which way trying to determine which is the right (or left) plug to get!

Luckily I already have my angled USB3 cord. So we're all waiting to hear what you order and how that works out for you.

ken