Site Sponsors
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    She still has internet access and can login to check your credit card activity. I would use cash...
    I did buy yet another bag. I think I have the whole think tank line now. Bought a Turnstyle 10 for walk around. Cool little bag I have a 20 also which is bigger. I do have a bag buying problem. But hey at least it's not a drinking, whoring around one , so I'm good. LOL

OT I did just play with the A6000 Sony and it's pretty dang nice indeed . AF on it was sweet. But it actually felt a little to small. They did have the new Fuji which looked nice but they would not put a battery in it as it's the only one they have.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Smooth, Guy:

Wife: What is that?

Photographer: It is just a new bag.

Wife: No, I mean THAT!

Photographer: Oh, how did that camera get in there?
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Works every time. I could write a book here. Lol
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    "What we have here gentlemen, is a spine boggling idea".

- Marc
    Since the spine controls muscle reflex actions, "spine boggling" could mean "not knowing how to react".

It is, however, hilarious.

"Is a bear Catholic?"

"Does the Pope s**t in the woods?"

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    "Does the Pope s**t in the woods?"
    He does. It's his guilty secret.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ondebanks View Post
    He does. It's his guilty secret.

Ray
    ...and that's coming from someone's avatar which says "Demand evidence and think critically"

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon guys, let's all go back to topic. lol!
    I need to formulate a question to seasoned DMFB users:
    Do you think the 51 mp 44X33mm cmos sensor will yield sharper images than a 39 mp 48X36? I mean enlarge-ability.
    The thing is: More pixels in a smaller sensor against less pixels in a bigger sensor.
    Please comments
    Eduardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    Do you think the 51 mp 44X33mm cmos sensor will yield sharper images than a 39 mp 48X36? I mean enlarge-ability.
    The thing is: More pixels in a smaller sensor against less pixels in a bigger sensor.
    Please comments
    Eduardo
    My guess it's close to a wash, all other things being the same; however, the ability to use high ISO will result in sharper pictures in many situations.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

It depends…

Doug Peterson has posted some impressing images and the IQ250 was great. Something several posters have noted was that the IQ250 produced much less colour demosaic artefacts than IQ 260 and the IQ 280.

A smaller sensor with a very good lens can produce a better image than a larger sensor with a less good lens. In this case the IQ-250 produced less artefacts, which is probably a good thing. It may mean that the image responds better to scaling up and may respond better to sharpening.

That test was made on a technical camera with very good lenses (I assume!). The results may impress less on a camera with a weaker lens.

On the other hand, cropping may also help in utilising the sweet spot of the lens! It is a complex issue.

Best regards
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    Please comments
    Eduardo

Post Thanks / Like

so, next week-end I'm hoping to get to fondle a 645Z fully functional body. I missed it last week-end but I offered free lunch and a monkey if the Pentax people brought it to a camera shop trade show next week-end. I have a 645D and some lenses and plan on taking them with me. Anything anybody wants me to look at?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello there,

What a wonderful offer - very kind of you.

I have two things I would love you to check out if possible. One of them would be slightly time-consuming, so might be hard to do in the context you have available to you. But I'd be fascinated to know the results if at all possible!

1. Dark frame behaviour. The original 645D has a very annoying trait: although the custom functions suggest that you can tell it not to take a dark frame after long exposures, even if you turn it off, it still does this under some conditions (combinations of exposure length and temperature). If you have the opportunity to go into the menus and turn off 'long exposure noise reduction', then shoot a sequence of several consecutive long exposures (say 2 minutes each) with no delay in between - then note if the camera shoots a dark frame after any of the exposures - I would be eternally grateful. My hope is that it does not shoot any dark frames once you have turned that function off. Note that it may not do it after every frame, or even after the first one, but may start to do so sporadically after a few consecutive frames (when the sensor has started to warm up). If it behaves in the way I hope (turning off long exposure noise reduction totally stops the dark frames being shot), it becomes feasible to use the camera to shoot star trails by stacking exposures (currently impossible due to the sequence being interrupted at times by the dark frame being shot). This test will take a little time as you will need to shoot a few of these long exposures (with no delay in between them) and note whether a dark frame is being shot after any one of them.
    2. Colour/tonal rendering, resolution and noise at ISOs 100 /200/400 compared to original 645D. Comparative RAW files shot on both cameras with otherwise identical conditions (including same lens) would be superb as a way to compare the two cameras in these vital areas.

I know that these two requests might be hard to do - but you did ask! :-)

All the best,

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

the H4D-40 does not require a dark frame to be shot after long exposures and the 645d has the same sensor so surely they would be able to do it? you think with a cmos sensor it would be even easier.
    www.williamophuis.com

Hassy H4D-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Like Ed, I would like to compare RAW files taken with a D an Z. Lacking that, any impressions from a current 645D user would be interesting.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Will Ophuis View Post
    the H4D-40 does not require a dark frame to be shot after long exposures and the 645d has the same sensor so surely they would be able to do it? you think with a cmos sensor it would be even easier.
    Hi Will,

I guess different manufacturers make all sorts of decisions about how varying functions and processing works best for them, even with the same sensor. I am quite certain, from extensive experience, that the 645D does behave in the way I describe and just as certain that it is extremely irritating for my purposes ;-). Totally get the value of dark frames, but would like to have the choice of turning it on and off - as the menus imply I should be able to.

As you say, with CMOS noise in general seems to be lower, so I am hopeful that the Z will allow dark frames to be turned off (and actually to BE turned off when they are).

Warmest regards,

Ed
    Ed Hurst, www.spiffingpics.com

Post Thanks / Like

- P1's color look when coupled with C1 / OK but could be better/prefer CANON

- an entire line of modern autofocus leaf shutter lenses/ the lenses are maybe modern, but the autofocus speed and accuracy mixed with the stone age camera body leave the lenses in that age

- sync speed of 1/1600th / with 2,3,5 ND filters all set to go

- availability of overnight loaner warranty / with a wether sealed body and lenses; as the pentax 645Z noooo need for such thing

- availability in rental / once a product works , the rental houses will have all you need from a support if it is competent

- knowledge of techs/assistants on a particular system / out of (phase one) (hasselblad) everything works just us it should be, and to learn a system is as fast as getting an IPAD

- buffer depth / THERE IS NOO BUFFER DEPTH WITH A VEEEEEEEERY SLOW SYSTEM AS PHASEONE CAMERA/BACK BODY

- tethering speed, stability, tethering features / stability???????? ..... that C1 is the most stable software for tethering shooting ,does not mean it is stable

- availability of vertical grip (very useful for catalog houses where often for hours each day you shoot nothing but verticals) / Really noo need for such a thing ....for the price of a phase one body, should be confortable , for any kind of work

- compatibility with tech cameras / TO EXPENSIVE for just that kind of work

- compatibility with view cameras /TO EXPENSIVE for just that kind of work

- on camera features like focus mask, customizable exposure warning, / None of those things are useful especially when they do not work in real world.Never cannot trust focus mask, and the pentax 645z does have customizable exposure warning

customizable/movable grids/guide / Just worth it on a tripod .

HI Dougpeterson, do not take it bad, but all those features you name it, are just for someone shooting on a tripod , and the price of a (phase one) system are soooooo old these days.

My opinion is that for the price of a phase one system ,I feel soooo limited ,and each time, have the feeling that phase one/hasselblad are way to overpriced for
    what it brings, especially when you pay a huge amount of money for a system that is , slow , unstable , with no features, (like the screen of the IQ backs; are not even close to the canon 5d mark iii), no wether sealing at all!!! how come for that price ,at least that!!! very slow focus .....two batteries for one camera!!! poor, super poor ISO range.....and more,more reasons that make it a very very very very expensive product.
    I feel that the only reason people stay with phase one is because of the software and this is a very bad way of choosing a camera these days

IMO ,the pentax 645Z is an almost perfect product /price/product just missing sync speed but nothing you cannot solve with ND FILTERS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nenes View Post
    - P1's color look when coupled with C1 / OK but could be better/prefer CANON

HI Dougpeterson, do not take it bad, but all those features you name it, are just for someone shooting on a tripod , and the price of a (phase one) system are soooooo old these days.

My opinion is that for the price of a phase one system ,I feel soooo limited ,and each time, have the feeling that phase one/hasselblad are way to overpriced for
    what it brings, especially when you pay a huge amount of money for a system that is , slow , unstable , with no features, (like the screen of the IQ backs; are not even close to the canon 5d mark iii), no wether sealing at all!!! how come for that price ,at least that!!! very slow focus .....two batteries for one camera!!! poor, super poor ISO range.....and more,more reasons that make it a very very very very expensive product.
    I feel that the only reason people stay with phase one is because of the software and this is a very bad way of choosing a camera these days

IMO ,the pentax 645Z is an almost perfect product /price/product just missing sync speed but nothing you cannot solve with ND FILTERS.
    I wonder if you have ever used the P1 system. What do you normally shoot that you come to such a conclusion? Btw, Capture One Pro supports almost any camera so there is no need to choose a camera because of software...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Handled the 645z today with the 33-55 lens. Nice camera and image quality seems to be pretty good. It's on the short list of cameras I'm interested in since they're importing new lenses again.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKißler View Post
    I wonder if you have ever used the P1 system. What do you normally shoot that you come to such a conclusion? Btw, Capture One Pro supports almost any camera so there is no need to choose a camera because of software...
    I have an IQ 160 with a phase one 645df body and some LS lenses and that is why i come to that conclusion. CAPTURE ONE PRO supports almost any camera that is not MF .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nenes View Post
    CAPTURE ONE PRO supports almost any camera that is not MF .
    That's OPEN systems for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"I have an IQ 160 with a phase one 645df body and some LS lenses and that is why i come to that conclusion. CAPTURE ONE PRO supports almost any camera that is not MF ."

So based on your use of an IQ160 back you have concluded that C1 supports anything other than MF? I'd thought C1 supported the IQ160. Good to learn something new.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    "I have an IQ 160 with a phase one 645df body and some LS lenses and that is why i come to that conclusion. CAPTURE ONE PRO supports almost any camera that is not MF ."

So based on your use of an IQ160 back you have concluded that C1 supports anything other than MF? I'd thought C1 supported the IQ160. Good to learn something new.
    I took that to mean any MF system not under the Phase umbrella (Phase, Mamiya, or Leaf.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Handled the 645z today with the 33-55 lens. Nice camera and image quality seems to be pretty good. It's on the short list of cameras I'm interested in since they're importing new lenses again.
    Where were you able to get hold of one?

Thanks!
    Po

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pophoto View Post
    Where were you able to get hold of one?

Thanks!
    Po
    A bit more since I'm not on my iPhone now.

Pentax reps just happened to be at the local camera store (Southeastern Camera - Raleigh, NC) yesterday when I was dropping off images to be printed. The camera seems to be slightly heavier than the 645D but it's pretty much the same size. The articulating screen is a nice addition. the camera locks on pretty fast and accurately from what I can tell (quickly going from locking on people about 30-45 feet away to objects within 3 feet.) The reps only had the 33-55 with them but the store had the 645D, 55 SDM, and 45-85 in the rental department to compare the camera with. In limited time and very little familiarity with either camera I can say that the 645Z seemed much more refined in usability and speed compared to the 645D. There's a lot of buttons on it so that may bother some people but it may be a blessing for others that don't want to go through menus to change settings. The camera is slow, yet very useable, compared to mirrorless cameras in live view but that's to be expected. The reps also mentioned that the 16 lenses being reintroduced into the USA market have already started trickling into the warehouses with the 55 SDM, 33-55, and 45-85 stock currently being filled (in addition to the 25 SDM and 90 SDM) and the full stock is expected to be available in June/July when the 645Z ships.

The Pentax reps were in Atlanta the day before. It's on my short list of cameras to replace my M9P (along with the Leica S and the rumored Sony MF camera provided it's not a fixed lens solution.) I was pretty impressed and others seem to be as well. There were 6 preorders yesterday in the middle of the day on a Wednesday and none of them were me.
    Last edited by iiiNelson; 8th May 2014 at 14:05.

Post Thanks / Like

I took that to mean any MF system not under the Phase umbrella (Phase, Mamiya, or Leaf.)
    Of course Stephegilbert i ment that, i am not a phaseone dealer , I am just a photographer

Phaseone, Would never allow the MF competence C1 compability even if phaseone claim to be OPEN SYSTEM ....there is not such OPEN SYSTEM.

I love phaseone for some little things but i love other systems too ,and that is why i think MF systems are just overpriced(phaseone the first one). AS i said im a photographer ,and spend a lot of money in gear equipment . Can i have an opinion?

Thanks HIREDARM for the support,

Post Thanks / Like

(Hiredarm)...The camera is slow, yet very useable, compared to mirrorless cameras in live view but that's to be expected.

Do you mean that is slow just in live view mode , or shooting and operating in general

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow in shooting while in live view compared to other 35mm or cropped sensor mirrorless cameras. It's expected though as the mirror has to lock up to expose the sensor. Again it's quite useable and may not be noticed by people used to MF in reality.

In non-liveview it's quick enough to shoot with. I believe there is a 1GB buffer built into the camera. I'm used to shooting at a slower pace with Leica M or Sony FE series cameras with native or adapted lenses compared with the 8+ FPS many do with Canon and Nikons. I personally don't foresee any issue with speed should I choose to move to the Pentax 645Z.

Post Thanks / Like

to me, the Z handles just like a D with a few more buttons. The tilt screen is nice but I wish it would reverse for safety's sake( haven't broken my D but did break an Olympus and scratched many others.) Since I don't shoot from Liveview much, it didn't interest me. Perhaps with time. The camera I saw was pre-production. It had slow-shutterspeed noise reduction which could not be turned off - although you can on a K3. There seemed to be no dark frame fired on long exposures. It functioned with a 75 LS on it. Sorry, couldn't put a card in it - they wouldn't let me remove the tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Slow in shooting while in live view compared to other 35mm or cropped sensor mirrorless cameras. It's expected though as the mirror has to lock up to expose the sensor. Again it's quite useable and may not be noticed by people used to MF in reality.

In non-liveview it's quick enough to shoot with. I believe there is a 1GB buffer built into the camera. I'm used to shooting at a slower pace with Leica M or Sony FE series cameras with native or adapted lenses compared with the 8+ FPS many do with Canon and Nikons. I personally don't foresee any issue with speed should I choose to move to the Pentax 645Z.
    How good is Focus Peaking as compared to SONY A7R?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hsteeves View Post
    It had slow-shutterspeed noise reduction which could not be turned off - although you can on a K3. There seemed to be no dark frame fired on long exposures.
    Hey! I am just trying to get my head around this part of what you said. If there is slow shutter speed noise reduction which cannot be turned off, how can there be no dark frame? That is the usual way of achieving slow shutter speed noise reduction. Maybe the exposure (or exposures) you tested did not happen to trigger the algorithms for a dark frame being required. Also, when you say it cannot be turned off, are you sure there was no custom function for this (as there ostensibly is on the 645D, though it does not actually turn the behaviour off)?

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by subrata1965 View Post
    How good is Focus Peaking as compared to SONY A7R?
    I didn't try it but I don't use focus peeking on any of my mirrorless cameras either. I just focus by sight without any aids other than focus magnification when critical focus is necessary.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, who's Alice? A Pentax design engineer for the 645z?

I too would be surprised if a dark frame wasn't generated. I suppose your explanation of the conditions weren't such that it triggered a dark frame is the most likely explanation . Either that or the firmware in camera tried is still in the Beta stage and certain features sets aren't yet correctly implemented.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,
    we hunted for a custom function to turn off the noise reduction but could not find it. We found it on a K3 but it was not in the same place or anywhere on the Z. With these pre-production bodies being shown, I think there will be a lot of changes made to the firmware before actual release. Supposedly, this release is slated for June some time. I told the rep I want my Z for a trip to South Dakota. He said that they would try but couldn't guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like

The 645Z looks VERY tempting indeed. What I really need is the replacement screen AB -82 split image. Of the nine lenses I own, 7 are manual focus (I prefer them), and a split image would make manual focusing much easier. I have tried everywhere, including an order I placed from Hong Kong. Their web site said they had one, and I ordered it. Turns out they didn't, and I was refunded. I have no clue why Ricoh does not re-issue that screen. Possibly they do not want to encourage us to buy old MF lenses, but want to sell us AF lenses?
    Dave in NJ

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I didn't try it but I don't use focus peeking on any of my mirrorless cameras either. I just focus by sight without any aids other than focus magnification when critical focus is necessary.
    I miss the eyes of my youth...
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    I miss the eyes of my youth...
    Carlos, you might try the 645D viewfinder .

B&H lists expected delivery of the 645Z as May 30th; I'm looking forward to first impressions.

Pentax 645Z Medium Format DSLR Camera (Body Only) 16599 B&H

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just need Ricoh-Pentax to send me one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A few sample images from the 645Z. The marketing seems to be directed at my generation, given the image of the 1972 VW bus (I had a '71, but same color scheme). I'll wait for user reports, but ISO 12,800 looks impressive, if not the first choice.

Pentax 645Z Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsjanik View Post
    A few sample images from the 645Z. The marketing seems to be directed at my generation, given the image of the 1972 VW bus (I had a '71, but same color scheme). I'll wait for user reports, but ISO 12,800 looks impressive, if not the first choice.

Pentax 645Z Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG
    ISO 12,800 looks really great. And it looks like there wasn't heavy noise reduction applied.
    I'm affraid there wasn't any marketing involved in this pics, they just walked out of the store and snapped it

Post Thanks / Like

..very interesting:

Review: The Pentax 645Z, part I

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    I find those images rather flat and lifeless. I downloaded a few and a minute in ACR gives images I find much preferable. His taste vs. mine, or lack of post processing ?

Tom

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsjanik View Post
    I find those images rather flat and lifeless. I downloaded a few and a minute in ACR gives images I find much preferable. His taste vs. mine, or lack of post processing ?

Tom
    Flat isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the files are highly malleable. I like to think of "flat" as at the new "neutral" with many of the new cameras. This is a good thing on many levels as it allows PP to taste.

I just hope this means PP will still be a relatively quick process to give a desirable look. I generally limit myself to 5-20 minutes of PP on an image the first time I go through them. If I can't get a look I desire in that time frame then I leave it for later when I have the patience to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Flat isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the files are highly malleable. I like to think of "flat" as at the new "neutral" with many of the new cameras. This is a good thing on many levels as it allows PP to taste.

I just hope this means PP will still be a relatively quick process to give a desirable look. I generally limit myself to 5-20 minutes of PP on an image the first time I go through them. If I can't get a look I desire in that time frame then I leave it for later when I have the patience to deal with it.
    That has a great deal to do with what you are shooting and why, doesn't it?

Shoot a wedding/event/PR assignment a week with 400 to 700 expected images during an 6 to 10 hour gig, and even an average of 5 minutes PP per image could total 35 to 60 hours of sitting at a computer.

I just finished my last shoot (10 hours shooting), and the file count was 524 finished images. Not one was "extra" … all are expected by the client.

This is one reason I swapped my D4X for a Sony A900 … same sensor, but the Sony's OOC files were much closer to finished than with the Nikon.

It literally cut my PP time in half or better.

Just saying' … it matters what you are doing and why. IMO, there is a place for both approaches.

- Marc

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That has a great deal to do with what you are shooting and why, doesn't it?

Shoot a wedding/event/PR assignment a week with 400 to 700 expected images during an 6 to 10 hour gig, and even an average of 5 minutes PP per image could total 35 to 60 hours of sitting at a computer.

I just finished my last shoot (10 hours shooting), and the file count was 524 finished images. Not one was "extra" … all are expected by the client.

This is one reason I swapped my D4X for a Sony A900 … same sensor, but the Sony's OOC files were much closer to finished than with the Nikon.

It literally cut my PP time in half or better.

Just saying' … it matters what you are doing and why. IMO, there is a place for both approaches.

- Marc
    Agreed but I was talking more in terms of file flexibility and the ability to get a desired look. Being able to save multiple baseline PP recipes has a way of shortening one's editing time as well for me. I agree though that having to edit that many pictures though is or can be very time consuming but I don't know that the look of Ming Thein's images are straight out the camera or edited either. I do know that I like the basic look of the files he provided and the fact that someone else was able to take his image and PP to a desired look that worked for them.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

- Marc
    Precisely Marc! Even some of my photographic aquantances who don't shoot or engage in event photography where there can be upwards of a few.thousand frames, (often under difficult lighting situations), don't fully comprehend the big advantage when output of RAW files from a given camera requires far less post processing than another. It's not a matter of not being able to adjust files to acceptable levels where output required extensive work although it may be more of an advantageous canvas to work with, but the shear amount of time it takes to work with these RAW files.

David (D&A)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It is called batch processing. If a camera is consistently flat, batch processing solves that. No need to process image individually.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    It is called batch processing. If a camera is consistently flat, batch processing solves that. No need to process image individually.
    Unfortunately I cannot agree completely with your statement above (respectfully of course). For example, I used to use the Fuji S2 and S3 DSLR'S years ago which at the time had one of the widest dynamic ranges of any DSLR'S on the market at the time due to their uniquely designed sensor . Images as expected were flat and it was the 1st time many had seen such wide dynamic range flat images out of a DSLR. There was no way I could batch process my concert images with any sort of consistency and doing so (I tried) was as much as a headache adjusting them after batching as it was adjusting each image individually instead of batch processing. As Marc pointed out, it's circumstance dependant and it depends on lots of variables.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Seems to be selling well. One of the Japanese newspapers said Pentax have an initial order list for 1,500 cameras. Popular with professionals and also hobbyists. Pentax can make 400 cameras per month. The waiting time in Japan if you order now is 2 months.

Looks like starting well.

Kindest regards

Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up mine a few hours ago. I would take it out of the box but some silly sporting event is in the way.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

fFrom working with some files and also a brief time with the new body itself, it's quite impressive. Still I decided to wait when offered one for sale. As that famous chip maker always says "They'll make more". Looking forward to more postings and thoughts of it.

Dave (D&A)