Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfect tech cam companion ?

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect tech cam companion ?

Hi !

Sorry if this is slightly OT, but it does fit roughly this forum since it's about a camera to complement my tech cam rig. So here goes.

I am really enjoying my Arca Swiss Factum + IQ160 + 32mm / 50mm / 90mm combo. It's a nice system to hike with, not too heavy or bulky. I'll probably grab a 150mm lens to complete the kit at some point.
    But, there are things the tech cam is not suitable - longer focal lengths, quick and dirty shots, for example when you see a cute bird in a tree or a mountain goat somewhere. Soooooo. I need another camera to go with the tech cam.

What I want:
    - Small and lightweight. I have also enough Canon gear, but I don't want to lug the 7D+70-200mm f/2.8 in addition to the tech cam. Doesn't have to be pocketable, but also can't eat much space in the camera bag.
    - Focal length from something wide-angle-ish (30mm equiv ?) to ~200mm-300mm FF equivalent.
    - I don't want a new system. So NO, I will not buy a camera and "a couple of lenses" to cover the wide angle to ~200mm equiv range. I have enough systems... It's one camera, one lens. Period.
    - The image quality should not be ridiculous, but I don't need crazy high ISO. I really like sharp from corner to corner pictures, the lens should be pretty good.

I really like my Sony RX-100, but the long end of the zoom is too short. That got me thinking, and the RX-10 seems pretty close to what I want. Another option I see is some micro-four thirds with a single lens (14-140 ?). But I am a bit wary about the image quality of a "super-zoom". I suspect the other compact with built in super-zooms will disappoint with their image quality (optically and sensor-wise). DSLRs are usually a bit too bulky.

Ideas and thoughts ?

Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perfect tech cam companion ?

AS Factum has AFI mount(for Rolleiflex) adapter ?

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I generally travel with my Alpa / IQ kit and a smaller Fuji X system outfit for more general use. X-T1 with three zooms (10-24, 18-55, 55-200) covers everything I need.

If I didn't have the Fuji already then I'd seriously look at the Olympus OMD E-M1 outfit with associated m4/3 glass - I like that it has a similar image aspect ratio to the MFDB (vs 2:3 with my Fuji). Lots to like about that system IMHO.

You can take any of these just with the longer zoom and be done as a complementary camera.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My tech camera companion is often an IR converted GF1. I sold my normal p&s GF1 probably too early. I found myself in a similar situation looking for a small lightweight companion that takes good pictures. Problem resolved: I met a cute redhead named Stacy. (Sorry, no coffee yet).

Ok, seriously---I just picked up a small lightweight companion camera with Panasonic's GM1. It's a really tiny but capable M4/3 camera. It's on the big brown van now. I also haven't excluded eventually getting a Sony A7r and limiting myself to a lens or two only. When hiking around with my tech cam kit, I really want to keep weight to a minimum.

ken
    Last edited by kdphotography; 24th April 2014 at 08:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I also carry the Fuji, now X-T1 as a companion to the rm3di. I carry the 18-55, 60mm and at times the 55-200, also depending on the area I am heading, I might leave the 18-55 and just carry the 14mm and 60mm.

Great camera, lightweight and allows you to get the shots that setup, for the tech camera just is bit too much, (at least for me).

I also looked at the Oly system, but stayed with Fuji mainly due to the 3:2 ration, as I still prefer that look. The Oly seems to be the "KING" now for video, but that is one aspect I current don't have much interest in.

You can find some very good break down reviews on both cameras on various sites.

Only issue I have with the Fuji is the raw conversion, which slowly gets better with C1 and LR. 7.2.1 seems to have a good grip on the greens but still has just a bit of issue with rocks/lichen/patterns etc.

Paul
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I went through the same dilemma trying for the "perfect" companion to my tech cam and over the years I tried a Leica M9 then decided what I needed was something better/closer suited to what I normally shoot which is medium format. Sold the M9 and got a Phase One DF (okay not small pocket size) however it allows me the chance to decide where I connect the back. If I'm shooting landscape and have the time, then it goes on the tech cam. If I'm out scouting locations and need something faster or shooting wildlife and need the reach (240 w/2x) then the DF; the great thing is that I'm capturing everything with the same 60-megapixel back.

For really small I also have a NEX7 (and shortly a A7r) converted to IR.

Good luck!

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    I went through the same dilemma trying for the "perfect" companion to my tech cam and over the years I tried a Leica M9 then decided what I needed was something better/closer suited to what I normally shoot which is medium format. Sold the M9 and got a Phase One DF (okay not small pocket size) however it allows me the chance to decide where I connect the back. If I'm shooting landscape and have the time, then it goes on the tech cam. If I'm out scouting locations and need something faster or shooting wildlife and need the reach (240 w/2x) then the DF; the great thing is that I'm capturing everything with the same 60-megapixel back.

For really small I also have a NEX7 (and shortly a A7r) converted to IR.

Good luck!

Don
    I tried this route, but the DF and lenses were way too much to carry plus the tech camera.

Where I find I will pull the Fuji is on Macro, as 16mp will easily get the job done, plus I just love the LCD on the X-T1 being able to turn it to a waist level finder, and thus saving my back.

I still tend to shoot the Fuji for large shots, i.e. pan it and then combine later, the 18-55 does very well here and for some reason I don't see Parallax issues as much with the 1.5 crop sensor.

Example of why for me:
    On average it will take me 5 minutes to setup the tech camera, i.e tripod, mounting camera, then attaching everything. On a full day, I guess after about 4 to 5 hours, my will to do this slackens and if I think I can get it with the Fuji, I will, as I compose, shoot and check all without taking the pack off.

I totally agree with Don on the use of the IQ back however and this year made a decision to always lead with the back. It's my single greatest photographic investment. Thus the D800 stays home, unless I am working a night shoot as I still prefer 35mm DSLR for the way I shoot at night.

However nothing I have ever shoot, Mamiya, Pentax, Contax MF and Nikon and Canon 35mm can reach the degree of image sharpness and overall just good looking shot that I can get with the tech camera.

I will also add that since I have become a over-night convert to tethering, (Wow I could of had a V8) you can use the Spro2 for a waist level finder, not to compose, but to check your shots. If I am setup with the camera in a down low position, I love being able to have the SPro2 in my hand as I can still stand up or kneel and not have to bend down to check the IQ Screen.

(sorry just a bit of topic I know

Paul
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll have a closer look at the m4/3 offerings.
    Any opinions about the 14-140mm superzooms ? I am still not convinced that I want several lenses for the "small" system.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming (and NO, I don't want to hear about the Leica T ;-) )

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony A7r you still get small but you get some horsepower in a 36mpx sensor . No one has this combination yet.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I know you won't believe this, Guy---never from me but Don Libby and I decided that the absolute best solution was to simply buy both the Panasonic GM1 and the Sony A7r... then you can pick what you need when you go out with the tech cam

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i use the Oly EM-1 with a choice of several zooms from 7 to 300mm, both panasonic and Oly and the 75 oly prime. works for moving subjects also. very nice system

still playing with the A7R sony FE 35, 55 and canon TS for some work shots where the tech cam can't always go
    Last edited by jlm; 24th April 2014 at 09:10.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've thought about the A7R. I could get that, plus perhaps a lightweight 70-200 f/4 for Canon (I have already good lenses for that system). But I know myself, and I would then also pack the 24-70, "just to be sure". And then I am carrying two systems and it's getting heavy...

Post Thanks / Like

...and that's what went through my mind when looking at a "P&S" type camera. The Sony A7r is solid and well-built. Add some lenses and it's a good system in its own right. It can be heavy if your backpack is already filled with tech cam gear.

But when I started really looking at the Panasonic GM1 and saw how small and light it was, while still offering good image quality and interchangeable lenses---I knew that was the better P&S choice for me. If weight in the backpack is a concern, it will be hard to beat the GM1.

I still have the Sony A7r on my wish list, because I think it fills a great niche.

And no self-respecting gear whore should be without choices.

ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If you stick with FE mounted lenses it's the smallest and lightest way to go pretty much. Folks like me are bolting all kinds of high priced heavier gear on them. But you can still build a light kit with help from some M mounts and such. Depends how big a kit you want as a companion. As a second system you just keep your lens whore tendency's in check. I know extremely difficult coming from the CEO of the lens whore club. Lol
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Ken and I had a long (very long) conversation yesterday about this. By the way the phone batteries are back to being fully charged,

The A7r packs a huge punch in a small package. Years ago I thought the M9 was "the" perfect companion camera due to sensor and overall size however it wouldn't hold up to print size I'm used to due to lack of resolution of the 18-megapixels. That was the sole reason for going back to the DF. Now I make a decision on whether I pack in the tech or DF, never both.

And then along came the A7r with full frame, 36-megapixels no AA filter etc. etc. I bought one shortly after Sandy switched from Canon to Sony and have since sent it to Life Pixel for a conversion to IR.

In short if the DF/Tech combo isn't working then look at the A7r.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Carrying a A7r, to me would be too tempting. With 16mp Max, I know my limits and thus will use the Tech camera.

However A7r, with adapters to Canon or Nikon lenses, ain't a light weight solution, and with Sony current FE lenses not much lighter either. Plus, A7r with Nikon is MF only. I have plenty of that with the Tech camera. When I pull the Fuji, I usually want AF. I realize that with Canon lenses you still have AF and IS, but it's a lot slower IMO and if you use it it takes a lot of battery. Did I mention batteries? The Sony is pretty hard on them, whereas I can get 2 days or 1 day and night with 1 Fuji.

Horses for courses I guess.

Paul

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    If you stick with FE mounted lenses it's the smallest and lightest way to go pretty much. Folks like me are bolting all kinds of high priced heavier gear on them. But you can still build a light kit with help from some M mounts and such. Depends how big a kit you want as a companion. As a second system you just keep your lens whore tendency's in check. I know extremely difficult coming from the CEO of the lens whore club. Lol
    Heck, I'm using Phase/Mamiya glass and getting great results!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

It might be the way we use the A7r however we haven't found the batteries to be of any real issue. Then again we don't keep the camera on, have a very short display and never use video. I remember Sandy shooting a couple days in Jackson Hole in March on one battery and we were out for several hours each day.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have yet to get past 3 batteries in a days shoot. Of course I do have 8 batteries now but there so cheap why not. Of course no questions it's not great on battery life but there is a reason there small and it keeps the camera smaller by design. That's fine by me and having the vertical grip does help here and handholding as well and its light and not very bulky at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'd say the perfect tech cam companion is Ken or Guy.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    I'd say the perfect tech cam companion is Ken or Guy.
    Best answer yet. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

The Sony RX-10 isn't getting much love. Is it not worthy enough to share a bag with a tech cam ? :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Actually I handled one they are pretty nice. Not sure its my style a all in one but was a nice cam and gets nice reviews.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    My tech camera companion is often an IR converted GF1. I sold my normal p&s GF1 probably too early. I found myself in a similar situation looking for a small lightweight companion that takes good pictures. Problem resolved: I met a cute redhead named Stacy. (Sorry, no coffee yet).
    I like Ken's recommendation! I'm all for it.

I considered the A7r approach and like a few others here I felt that it was a slippery slope that would have me lugging two full systems around in no time at all - and I've only just stopped doing that with my DF & Nikon outfits! The Fuji works for me although if it were practical I'd use my pile of expensive Phase One / Mamiya paperweights in a heartbeat.

The sad truth is that almost anything that I post from the field on Facebook for friends and family comes from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm in a different camp anything worth shooting regardless of camera I want high resolution solution anything under 24 mpx when doing landscape work is not worth getting out of bed for. Lol

I'm a lazy pixel peeping slut. Lol

PR work is something different. Don't want to be misquoted here

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to use the tech lenses on a A7R?

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is an excellent question.
    Imagine being able to use a Rodenstock HR-S or one of the latest Schneider lenses on the A7R.
    Would be awesome.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Hey this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to use the tech lenses on a A7R?

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You know there probably is a way to do it. Seems the rear exit is about the same distance as the Sony's but hey I don't wear a engineering hat so what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no engineer but according to my calculations it must be possible but without much room for movements.
    Eduardo
    http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/medi...3-26__8236.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    I think it is an excellent question.
    Imagine being able to use a Rodenstock HR-S or one of the latest Schneider lenses on the A7R.
    Would be awesome.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

- Small and lightweight. I have also enough Canon gear, but I don't want to lug the 7D+70-200mm f/2.8 in addition to the tech cam. Doesn't have to be pocketable, but also can't eat much space in the camera bag..
    How about my concept cam?
    Have you read in this article on getdpi / sony forum?
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/499...ra-a7-a7r.html
    Last edited by chiek; 24th April 2014 at 18:20.
    chiek imaging
    http://chiek.co.kr
    Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFV-50c and Sony a7R, canon systems

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Similar predicament as OP. When carrying the tech, I don't have anything good for quick easy stuff (while waiting for the light) or something really light when that's what counts. I've tried several solutions such as G1x, but just never happy with what i can do with the files.

Also need to satisfy decent backup solution.

So, I have a new a7r along with the sony Zeiss 24-70 (not 28-70 kit lens). Ordering new sony Zeiss 70-200. Keeping all Nikon glass (14-24 nikon, 35, 50, and 100mm Zeiss, and 70-200 - unless new sony 70-200 is as good). Selling d800e.

The Sony with two sony zooms are 64 ounces. That's not quite half the nikon equivalent (121 ounces). They'll go along (sometimes with the 70-200, sometimes without depending on hike) with the tech camera for emergency backup, and all the stuff I don't get to shoot now. Or when out scouting locations it's small and light but good enough in case I stumble on to something. Or really tough hikes it's good enough with stitching to do some really good work.

The Nikon glass is in it's own case, and will work as a backup. If I don't want to take the tech or the back goes down, I throw the a7r in with the Nikon glass (which 70-200 will depend on how good the Sony is, but hoping it will be as good).

Too soon to say how happy I am with this, but just got back and used the sony some, and it wasn't bad. My biggest problem is my tripod ... the TVC 34 is as solid as it gets, but so heavy. Add the cube and pano mount and it's really an extra load. the 33 is only half a pound lighter so considering some other options, although not sure if there really is one that's solid enough for a tech camera.
    Last edited by Wayne Fox; 24th April 2014 at 20:57.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My perfect companion would be a voluptuous model.
    Goes with just about any camera, besides, she can help carry gear.
    -bob
    www.getdpi.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    Similar predicament as OP. When carrying the tech, I don't have anything good for quick easy stuff (while waiting for the light) or something really light when that's what counts. I've tried several solutions such as G1x, but just never happy with what i can do with the files.

Also need to satisfy decent backup solution.

So, I have a new a7r along with the Zeiss 24-70 (not 28-70 kit lens). Ordering new Zeiss 70-200. Keeping all Nikon glass (14-24 nikon, 35, 50, and 100mm Zeiss, and 70-200 - unless new sony 70-200 is as good). Selling d800e.

The Sony with two sony zooms are 64 ounces. That's not quite half the nikon equivalent (121 ounces). They'll go along (sometimes with the 70-200, sometimes without depending on hike) with the tech camera for emergency backup, and all the stuff I don't get to shoot now. Or when out scouting locations it's small and light but good enough in case I stumble on to something. Or really tough hikes it's good enough with stitching to do some really good work.

The Nikon glass is in it's own case, and will work as a backup. If I don't want to take the tech or the back goes down, I throw the a7r in with the Nikon glass (which 70-200 will depend on how good the Sony is, but hoping it will be as good).

Too soon to say how happy I am with this, but just got back and used the sony some, and it wasn't bad. My biggest problem is my tripod ... the TVC 34 is as solid as it gets, but so heavy. Add the cube and pano mount and it's really an extra load. the 33 is only half a pound lighter so considering some other options, although not sure if there really is one that's solid enough for a tech camera.
    The 24 really does the job fine with a tech cam

Post Thanks / Like

My recent trip: Linhof techno/IQ260 - Rodenstock 32, 40, 70, 90. For quick and more mobile shot - Sony A7r with Leica WATE, FE 35/2.8, FE 55/1.8 & a Sony Alpha 70-300mm.

The Sony articulating screen is really a nice feature to allow me to take shots that I would not normally imagine or compose.

Post Thanks / Like

The Sony with two sony zooms are 64 ounces. That's not quite half the nikon equivalent (121 ounces).
    6.5 billion puzzled people have nominated me to ask the question: What are these "ounces" of which you speak?

Ray
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm hanging with him. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    The 24 really does the job fine with a tech cam
    thx. that's good to know. I guess the tech isn't very heavy, but it's sort of like a sail if the wind is blowing. Guess some weight on the bottom would help as well.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ondebanks View Post
    6.5 billion puzzled people have nominated me to ask the question: What are these "ounces" of which you speak?

Ray
    LOL. But both the canon and sony US sites show US weight specs. So I didn't bother converting ... not that I would have -- too late to teach this old dog new tricks.

but to quote google conversion, the Sony with two lens setup is 1.81 kg, the Nikon with equivalent zooms 3.4 kg.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne,

I'm normally schlepping around my Gitzo 5561SGT and Cube but I've taken to using a TVC-33 and Arca D4 as a lighter combination for technical camera use when hiking or traveling. The legs could easily be TVC-2 series with the D4 which saves weight compared to the Cube, still provides precision control, and definitely is a lot less top heavy than the Cube would be on the same RRS legs.

Post Thanks / Like

It's quite interesting to note that the RX-10 is already ~0.8kg and a full A7R rig 1.8kg.
    The problem for me is the long end - since a full frame 200mm lens tends to be on the heavy side.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    I'm no engineer but according to my calculations it must be possible but without much room for movements.
    Eduardo
    http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/medi...3-26__8236.pdf
    Movements wouldn't be the point if used on the A7R in context to carrying something as companion to a Tech camera and big meg DB.

I was thinking you could just use the lenses you are already carrying for the tech camera. Probably a different flange to sensor distance but then I wondered if tech lenses could just be used on the A7R using a Helical focuser
    verson.

Carrying the idea further, I'd love a little bellows unit that took some of these outstanding tech lenses for macro work (39mm Leica thread).

- Marc

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by miska View Post
    It's quite interesting to note that the RX-10 is already ~0.8kg and a full A7R rig 1.8kg.
    The problem for me is the long end - since a full frame 200mm lens tends to be on the heavy side.
    Couldn't you use an A7R set to APSc crop with a M-135mm? That's a pretty small lens and optically excellent. Granted, it's not AF, but in my experience so far, the Sony manual focus aids are really fast especially when used with a lens designed for manual focus, especially Leica M lenses.

Just a thought.

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miska View Post
    Hi !

Sorry if this is slightly OT, but it does fit roughly this forum since it's about a camera to complement my tech cam rig. So here goes.

I am really enjoying my Arca Swiss Factum + IQ160 + 32mm / 50mm / 90mm combo. It's a nice system to hike with, not too heavy or bulky. I'll probably grab a 150mm lens to complete the kit at some point.
    But, there are things the tech cam is not suitable - longer focal lengths, quick and dirty shots, for example when you see a cute bird in a tree or a mountain goat somewhere. Soooooo. I need another camera to go with the tech cam.

What I want:
    - Small and lightweight. I have also enough Canon gear, but I don't want to lug the 7D+70-200mm f/2.8 in addition to the tech cam. Doesn't have to be pocketable, but also can't eat much space in the camera bag.
    - Focal length from something wide-angle-ish (30mm equiv ?) to ~200mm-300mm FF equivalent.
    - I don't want a new system. So NO, I will not buy a camera and "a couple of lenses" to cover the wide angle to ~200mm equiv range. I have enough systems... It's one camera, one lens. Period.
    - The image quality should not be ridiculous, but I don't need crazy high ISO. I really like sharp from corner to corner pictures, the lens should be pretty good.

I really like my Sony RX-100, but the long end of the zoom is too short. That got me thinking, and the RX-10 seems pretty close to what I want. Another option I see is some micro-four thirds with a single lens (14-140 ?). But I am a bit wary about the image quality of a "super-zoom". I suspect the other compact with built in super-zooms will disappoint with their image quality (optically and sensor-wise). DSLRs are usually a bit too bulky.

Ideas and thoughts ?

Thanks !
    Humm, I would choose an Olympus OM-D E-M5 or E-M1. Really nice image quality in a very small and light package. Great color and the aspect ratio is similar to MFDB's. (4:3)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post

- Marc
    Pretty cool idea, and even the 23 HR theoretically would work as it's rear to sensor distance when focused appears to be 1mm more than the a7r flange distance. Challenge would be an adaptor that would let you use the current mount (such as mine for Arca), with the ability to focus the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by chiek View Post
    How about my concept cam?
    Have you read in this article on getdpi / sony forum?
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/499...ra-a7-a7r.html
    Very cool, but I what some of think would like to do is to use the tech lenses for the system we are hauling around on the a7r, not use lenses such as canon with added tilt/shift. We can't remove the tech lens from it's mount, so it means adapting the mount (arca, alpa, or cambo) to the a7r body. The ability to shift it then would be sweet for stitching, tilt not as important.
    Last edited by Wayne Fox; 25th April 2014 at 18:51.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm in the camp of if I'm just not in the mood or I all of a sudden need or want to shoot fast and the tech cam would not work I want something as close as possible to it. If course that's when I had a tech cam. Lol

But you know what I mean you get on a location and the tech cam maybe too much of a challenge to get what your after. I want to turn to something with some horsepower.

Post Thanks / Like

the Ar7 mounted with Rodenstock digital 45mm lens
    one show bellow and the other without.
    the original designed was for P1or Mamiya 645 to be able to swing tilt and shift.

Sunchai.

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i'm using a D800 along with my arca RM3D… but, if it was to do it again, i will probably go with the sony 7r !

Still the D800+Sigma ART35 is a nice set up !

Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest an iphone

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No!
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    i'm using a D800 along with my arca RM3D but, if it was to do it again, i will probably go with the sony 7r !

Still the D800+Sigma ART35 is a nice set up !
    Sigma 35 art series in Sony mount on A7r is sweet as pie.